JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So does the "assault weapon ban" just ban semi automatic rifles or does it ban all semi-auto firearms including handguns? Does it ban parts?
Am I no longer going to be able to sell items here?

So does the "assault weapon ban" just ban semi automatic rifles or does it ban all semi-auto firearms including handguns? Does it ban parts?

The legislature finds that assault weapons are not commonly used in self-defense and that any proliferation is not the result of the assault weapon being well-suited for self-defense, hunting, or sporting purposes. Rather, increased sales are the result of the gun industry's concerted efforts to sell more guns to a civilian market. The legislature finds that the gun industry has specifically marketed these weapons as "tactical," "hyper masculine," and "military style" in manner that overtly appeals to troubled young men intent on becoming the next mass shooter. The legislature intends to limit the prospective sale of assault weapons, while allowing existing legal owners to retain the assault weapons they currently own.

Some bonus stupidity:
An assailant with an assault weapon can hurt and kill twice the number of people than an assailant with a handgun or nonassault rifle. This is because the additional features of an assault weapon are not "merely cosmetic"; rather, these are features that allow shooters to fire large numbers of rounds quickly.

Last Edited:
Just another one of a thousand cuts, total disarmament has been, and always will be their goal.

They specifically name semi-auto rifles, seems like pistols are irrelevant to their focus right now.

Don't know, increasingly don't care. Can't describe the situation any different than what an enemy would seek to do, and why would I follow the path an enemy had pushed me to go.

Clearly they don't care about the constitution, and only their agenda. They'd just as soon sick the police on me with the same guns they claim aren't fit for civilian ownership, while they sit in buildings guarded by guns.

Better it boil over already than continue down the path of slow, but perpetual decay.

Don't know, increasingly don't care. Can't describe the situation any different than what an enemy would seek to do, and why would I follow the path an enemy had pushed me to go.

Clearly they don't care about the constitution, and only their agenda. They'd just as soon sick the police on me with the same guns they claim aren't fit for civilian ownership, while they sit in buildings guarded by guns.

Better it boil over already than continue down the path of slow, but perpetual decay.
very well said and many many people feel the same way

The proposed law prohibits "manufacture", import/distribute/transfer/sale.
"Assembly" is only in the definition section, as is constructive possession.
Assembly is not specifically banned, assuming you already have a grandfathered serialized frame, nor is constructive possession or acquisition on nonserialized parts.
I believe they are attempting to imply that 80% sale/purchase will not be allowed, but does not specifically say you cannot acquire parts.
The problem will be if parts sellers decide not to ship to WA unless it's to a gunsmithFFL.

From a roughly 3 min skim of the law posted in a post above it looks to me like any pistol with a threaded barrel, any aK, ar, Galil, ar-180, mp5 type, ptr 91 pistol will be banned, excluding rimfire. Also bans sbrs or pistols with the other items shown below.

4AD8A7A4-8731-4A5F-9F25-3A5C0A07B69E.jpeg
6E32F5A1-E505-4306-9E07-17ED567AAC20.jpeg
4BBB9539-E86E-44FF-899E-54697D40D9DB.jpeg
Important Note: it's possible they could say technically under part "D" above, any pistol that has a pic rail where you could attach a mag mount would be banned. Fe a glock or other pistol with a bottom rail to mount a light. But I guess the question would be does the presence of a pic rail = capacity to accept a magazine?

6225D647-AE18-447F-93F0-F04CC61A145C.jpeg

Last Edited:
The proposed law prohibits "manufacture", import/distribute/transfer/sale.
"Assembly" is only in the definition section, as is constructive possession.
Assembly is not specifically banned, assuming you already have a grandfathered serialized frame, nor is constructive possession or acquisition on nonserialized parts.
I believe they are attempting to imply that 80% sale/purchase will not be allowed, but does not specifically say you cannot acquire parts.
The problem will be if parts sellers decide not to ship to WA unless it's to a gunsmithFFL.
Probably a good idea to invest in some lower parts kits for future maintenance and repairs.

Buy buy buy especially if considering getting a centerfire pistol with threaded barrel in future. Give to Gun owners of America, second ammendment foundation or others you think will be effective in getting this overturned in the future. If we all give a little bit it will be enough, but we will have to be patient.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews