JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No the classes were not free because the gun range was a business and they were paying the instructors. However, because I was a member of the Range I got a discount. They were not the ones who made the class mandatory. It was the State of California. And yes, they did offer other classes. One which I took was taught by an ex-seal who was also a LEO. When that class was over, we were asked what we thought. Everyone said "can we do it again."

Maybe I have been fortunate in that I have not encountered many anti 2A LEOs.
I'm just making a point that having to pay for the right to carry is a big problem.

I've noticed that Sherriff departments or rural LEOs tend to be better when it comes to 2A rights

Would also be curious about import definition as well... Since my mags were all legally purchased as a WA resident years ago, but I moved away from WA to a free state, but if I come back to visit parents with my standard cap mags is that an issue since they were legally purchased in WA as a WA resident (therefor not imported to WA), but I left WA and come back for a visit. And mags are guaranteed to leave WA again with me as I have no intention of ever leaving them there or staying in WA for longer than a week 😂 Also still have a WA CPL. Never bothered getting one for ID as you don't need one here to carry concealed.

Fight it tooth and nail and then GTFO if it passes is what I'm going to do if this bugglegum comes to Oregon. What's potentially on deck for vote in OR is far worse than a standard cap mag ban. They're looking to ban most semi-autos.

EDIT: IP17 & IP18 for 2022 ballot
Yeah it's a crying shame that politicians can make a beautiful land ugly and inhospitable.
We had planned to retire here after the wife is eligible and die in the first house I ever bought here and I am not going to be able to follow my wishes. Shame on them.

Ronnie Barrett stopped selling .50s to LEO groups in Cali when Cali banned the caliber. More companies could learn from that principled stand.
It was a great gesture but it didn't have much impact. It was only dozens of sales, low hundreds at most.
Now if they could get Glock, S&W, Sig & Ruger to say no sales to LEO in anti states we'd have something big.

I respectfully disagree. Because what you said can be interpreted to mean that if the idiots violate the citizens' rights they should also violate the rights of LEOs
We have no right to anything besides what's in the collective bargaining agreement, which is all labor stuff. We serve at the pleasure of the people. I'd completely support a law stating government employees, contractors, and volunteers must abide by the same stipulations as the general public.

The reason why: Any argument stating the officer is at a disadvantage due to the restrictions only supports the same argument for the general public.

they created law with such a big grey area. so it's just going to be word to word, when you have to explain where/when you purchased it?

And after July 1st, Oregon is going to check driver license when you purchase magazines or magazine parts? so bad guys from WA can't purchase them?

Then what is a good yard stick in your book? I can point to plenty of cops supporting magazine bans, 'assault weapons' bans, and red flag law confiscation. They are fine owning _____ they just don't want you the civilian owning them because it makes their job harder/more dangerous/have elitist attitudes.

Not everyone lives in more rural districts where cops are more friendly towards gun laws. It's not a broad brush when many LEOs will and have uphold these laws. I'm well aware not ever cop is bad just in the same way not every Russian soldier in Ukraine is bad, however they are still carrying out the enforcement of orders they have been given.

Not to speak ill of your friends but I'm guessing they did not offer CCW classes for free? There is no interest to change the status quo as many profits off of the mandatory class to obtain a CCW/CHL. A mandatory class turns a right into a privilege.

If trainers are worth a damn they will have people sign up who are willing to learn not mandated to. And if they are really worth it, they will do what Steve at @Cerberus Group has done and bring in other trainers to his range and not just corner the market to make all the profit.

I am not trying to bash all cops. I have plenty I work with in my profession and considered going that route myself, but the reality is policing is not what it used to be. The vast majority will strip you of your rights and not think twice if it means keeping their job.
For LEO, sorry, but there should be NO Exceptions for LEO. They are a citizen police force, not a Federal/government police force. They shouldn't be allowed anything that regular citizens can't own/possess.

Does anyone know what action either NRA, or the ILA, did to help prevent this? They did sent out a links to send emails to our non-representatives, but where is the advocacy? They should have been flooding the House and Senate members offices with communications, that if they vote for this crap, the ILA will financially support and endorse any and all pro 2nd Ammendment candidates who run against them. Loosing their positions is all that matters to them.

Does anyone know what action either NRA, or the ILA, did to help prevent this? They did sent out a links to send emails to our non-representatives, but where is the advocacy? They should have been flooding the House and Senate members offices with communications, that if they vote for this crap, the ILA will financially support and endorse any and all pro 2nd Ammendment candidates who run against them. Loosing their positions is all that matters to them.
To the Lefties in this state NRA opposition is a badge of honor. Only thing you can do is investigate and hope you find something damaging like fire beneath the smoke from all those rumors of pedophilia, zoophilia and even worse perversions... oh hell, who am I kidding, to these assclowns those are VIRTUES.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads