JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone else have concerns that one conglomerate owns so much ammo manufacturing?
What could possibly go wrong...:D

SSS.png

Sounds like it's time to invest a billion to fill the future demands... or maybe someone else will invest in a new ammo production business to help fill the demand.

A couple months back, someone on this forum said you could gauge the public's trust in government by the amount of 9mm on the shelf. That was prescient.

My hope for 2021 is that firearm and ammunition/component manufacturers are running balls to the walls 24/7/365 and gun owners, new and old, are still creating a $1 Billion backlog of orders.

Anyone else have concerns that one conglomerate owns so much ammo manufacturing?
Just as concerned as with any other industry, extremely.
Seems it didn't take long for people to forget the issues that arose with letting IG Farben and the Baer Aspirin company have an essential monopoly in both the dye industry and medical supplies. Fitting sentiments for this day in history.

I'm not bothered by Vista There is still competition. but more to the point--
My real concern is the stuff upstream of Vista,
The brass, lead, powder and primers manufacturing are all impacted by this Covid mess. If they can't supply the raw materials, it doesn't matter how much of the manufacturing Vista owns.
In fact, I wonder if it might be better these days to have one major manufacturer of ammo these days That way the limited raw materials can be concentrating instead of spread thinly.
I also seriously wonder what impact, if any this is having on our military. Are they cutting back on training because of ammo shortages?

I'm not bothered by Vista There is still competition. but more to the point--
My real concern is the stuff upstream of Vista,
The brass, lead, powder and primers manufacturing are all impacted by this Covid mess. If they can't supply the raw materials, it doesn't matter how much of the manufacturing Vista owns.
In fact, I wonder if it might be better these days to have one major manufacturer of ammo these days That way the limited raw materials can be concentrating instead of spread thinly.
I also seriously wonder what impact, if any this is having on our military. Are they cutting back on training because of ammo shortages?
Well, when Germany had a monopoly in the chemical industry and major share holding in Baer during The Great War, Britain filled their demand for supplies with small independently owned businesses positioned all over the country they contracted to fill demand by the allied forces.
I say we spread out production, that way when one factory shuts down it affects the industry less.

Proof positive that if you don't RELOAD you are just another subject/victim of supply and demand. Ammo Zombies searching night and day at Bi-Mart or LGS for ammo is hilarious to reloaders. Don't be dumber than a day old politician! Reload!

Proof positive that if you don't RELOAD you are just another subject/victim of supply and demand. Ammo Zombies searching night and day at Bi-Mart or LGS for ammo is hilarious to reloaders. Don't be dumber than a day old politician! Reload!

Reloaders can still be victims of supply & demand, and many currently are. Unfortunately.

The more challenging component to source in a blight being primers. Always are.

Had a little extra cash lying around during the beginning of COVID and bought some Vista stock. Sold when I had a 100+% return on investment in a few months. It was pretty easy to see that coming. Too volatile for my liking now though.

I'll pass for now... I have a retired guy for that.
:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads