JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I think of this I think of that show Mind Hunters and some of the ones they tried to get info from. Also that waste of air Charlie Campbell who was the last or next to last WA actually executed. That so many still to this day try to defend, make excuses for, and work to keep alive scum like this always has me shaking my head. :s0054:
This guy I saw, looked like he had spent his entire life behind bars and would be more then happy to hurt any one he felt like, just for the fun of it! Just the sight of him had me wondering if I was gonna have to defend my self!
Had another one, back in 1993, I thought I was going to have to shoot that dude, ( course it was in the middle of a war) he was absolutely evil, and when he spoke, it was almost as if evil was speaking through him! Scary as hell! Turns out the whole patrol was on edge with that dude

Violence, when applied properly in the appropriate circumstance, solves problems.Sometimes it needs to be applied with extreme prejudice.
Alas, as we live in a land of laws, sometimes that violence cannot be applied preemptively - though the world would benefit if it could.
The rest of the time, I'd say violence doesn't solve sh1t.

Noooooo. If we ride through town on our unicorn and sprinkle our magic pixie dust around while we sing Kumbaya, all of the guns and violence will magically disappear. :)

Sorry, evil people have been doing evil things since the beginning of time. They do not react to kindness, they prey upon it. A violent response to their evil acts is the only deterrent.

Some members of my family are pacifists. When I hear one of them quip "Violence is never the answer to a problem ", my response is usually "Sometimes violence is the only answer." Tends to end the conversation.

Being a younger sibling I can testify first hand that violence, or even the threat of violence solves the most immediate problem. That problem is not being the victim of violence. Or telling mom. Our government loves violence. They make home deliveries too. Usually around 6 in the morning.

[ThQUOTE="No_Regerts, post: 2332525, member: 38896"]
Does anyone else roll their eyes or cringe when someone says "violence solves nothing" or "war is not the answer"?

I am trying to think of a more definitive way of solving a problem. I can't think of anything that has truly been solved or settled diplomatically and stayed that way. Add pain into it, and magically things stay settled. How many times did your parents say "no", and you brought it up again later? If they just smacked the living crap out of you, I bet it doesn't come up again!

How many times have voters in WA had to vote on income tax or carbon tax? It gets reintroduced EVERY ELECTION CYCLE. And we always vote NO. Politicians wouldn't keep putting it up for a vote if they were drawn and quartered on KING5 news. Or maybe less extreme, caned 50 times like when you play with paint in Singapore.

Just a thought.
[/QUOTE]

They can just bypass putting things to vote after the people say no .And pass it anyway like Oregon. Like they just did allowing undocumented alians to have drivers licences .we voted on it twice and the outcome was no. So they skipped the vote and hand them out.

This guy I saw, looked like he had spent his entire life behind bars and would be more then happy to hurt any one he felt like, just for the fun of it! Just the sight of him had me wondering if I was gonna have to defend my self!
Had another one, back in 1993, I thought I was going to have to shoot that dude, ( course it was in the middle of a war) he was absolutely evil, and when he spoke, it was almost as if evil was speaking through him! Scary as hell! Turns out the whole patrol was on edge with that dude

Preventive maintenance might have been good ,his off spring might be back to do the same.

Back in 2001, just after the New Year celebrations here in UK were winding down, an acquaintance of mine, a Colour Sergeant Royal Marine home on leave, was waiting at a bus stop for the N87 night service to get him nearer his grandma's apartment in SE London.

As he waited there, minding his own business, two local goblins approached him with a view to depriving him of some of his possessions, in return for not carving him into collops with a handy knife that one of them was carrying.

He said nothing, but less than five seconds later, one was in the corner of the bus-shelter, trying to figure out a less painful way of taking his index finger out of his eye socket, where it was buried up the the second knuckle, and the other one was having the so-far unique experience of finding his elbows stuck in his ears.

As far as we know, neither of these two persons has been naughty since then.

And while violence, carefully managed, can certainly give results, so can the threat of an unseemly amount of it. Viz. I was going home on the last north-bound train out of Kings Cross London after a VERY hard day in court, and treated myself to a first-class seat, fondly imagining that in the event that I ended up sharing it, that the quality of the sharee would be the equal of my own.

Alas, my hopes were dismayed by the appearance of two examples of the lower orders, in the form of two hoodie-wearing yoofs who were as likely to have paid to occupy a first-class apartment as I was to be elected the next pope.

One sat looking out of the window diagonally from me, and the other sat across the gangway. They did not speak to each other, and apart from a few sniffs from them, the compartment was silent while I re-arranged the contents of my brief-case. At that point, the one diagonally positioned moved closer to me, and the one across the aisle moved one hand to his waist-band and then as though to take my arm.

At that juncture, I spoke to the 'diagonal' guy - I said, in a conversational tone - if your pal here makes a single further move toward me, I'm going to carve his face off and make you eat it.

They both got up and left very quickly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews