JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's sick. The more "non-violent / petty" thefts the govt lets people get away with, the more frustrated and angry the law abiding citizens are going to get and when it's all said and done, the law abiding citizen eventually snaps and becomes something they aren't and end up spending the rest of their lives in jail or worse because they finally had enough and took the law into their own hands. It will definitely get worse before it gets better.

I'd view spending the rest of my life incarcerated to be worse than other alternatives, personally.

It's sick. The more "non-violent / petty" thefts the govt lets people get away with, the more frustrated and angry the law abiding citizens are going to get and when it's all said and done, the law abiding citizen eventually snaps and becomes something they aren't and end up spending the rest of their lives in jail or worse because they finally had enough and took the law into their own hands. It will definitely get worse before it gets better.
Sounds like the summary of what "Mr. Nobody" is all about.

Be aware of ur surroundings/people following u, especially when moving expensive/desirable items like guns. Note how fast it happened and how quickly they were out of range.

This is what creeps me out about homeless and unsavory types at shooting places. I don't mean that you couldn't defend yourself if a homeless person did something, more the fact that u might have to.
Article on it here:
Well, these victims just bought more ammo for their new gun, further making it more difficult to find ammo.

I wonder how the other car knew that they had expensive camera equipment in the car? Was someone watching them, was a friend of someone they know, etc.

IIRC a group* of local yoots took over a light rail train there and robbed all the passengers.
De rigueur for the DPRK I guess.

*What is the correct term for an assemblage of lowlife predators/scavengers?
Just for the record, often a group of chimpanzees is referred to as a "Troop," "Tribe" or a "Community." A group of chimpanzees are called a troop. Same for baboons.
One of the collective nouns for a group of alligators is a "Congregation".
A group of elephants is called a herd.

I wonder how the other car knew that they had expensive camera equipment in the car? Was someone watching them, was a friend of someone they know, etc.
My guess is since it was near a park, the thieves saw them loading their gear into car or could be they saw them taking photos and waited for them to leave.

This is part of the reason anytime I move guns I have them in non-gun looking bags etc whenever possible. The second reason is Portland has crazy poeple that will panic if they see a gun. So I make sure they never see a gun, they see nondescript black bags or standard travel type bags.

Also my bet is that this couple lives in the "white" condition. If they lived in "Yellow" condition, they may: 1) have had a chance to see the thieves casing them (unlikely though IMO since it looks like thieves car had tinted windows), or 2) taken more care when loading equipment (either masking equipment when loading, or loading in back seat footwell, under package shelf or?) or 3) noticed the thieves stopping suddenly behind them in their mirror.

Never hurts to remind ourselves of the 4 color code system. I love this video of the 4 color codes system of awareness here (jump ahead to the 5:09 mark)

My guess is since it was near a park, the thieves saw them loading their gear into car or could be they saw them taking photos and waited for them to leave.

This is part of the reason anytime I move guns I have them in non-gun looking bags etc whenever possible. The second reason is Portland has crazy poeple that will panic if they see a gun. So I make sure they never see a gun, they see nondescript black bags or standard travel type bags.

Also my bet is that this couple lives in the "white" condition. If they lived in "Yellow" condition, they may: 1) have had a chance to see the thieves casing them (unlikely though IMO since it looks like thieves car had tinted windows), or 2) taken more care when loading equipment (either masking equipment when loading, or loading in back seat footwell, under package shelf or?) or 3) noticed the thieves stopping suddenly behind them in their mirror.

Never hurts to remind ourselves of the 4 color code system. I love this video of the 4 color codes system of awareness here (jump ahead to the 5:09 mark)

Since property crime isn't legal to respond to with deadly force. Other than say "hey don't do that" these people were at the mercy of the criminals. At this point in our society, law abiding people who contribute positively to society are more constrained by our legal system than those that break the law and use the former, as prey.

Good OP.

Lessons:
Don't follow the car in front of you so closely that you do not have an out (common con crowded cities, especially in Cali as to not let anyone merge in front of you)
Be aware of your surroundings (why is this vehicle where he is? Is he trying to merge? Perhaps not since the door opened twice.)
Watch watch your surroundings when you are loading expensive equipment or anything that looks expensive.
Play the "what if" game; it commits action plans to your memory.

IIRC a group* of local yoots took over a light rail train there and robbed all the passengers.
De rigueur for the DPRK I guess.

*What is the correct term for an assemblage of lowlife predators/scavengers?
Just for the record, often a group of chimpanzees is referred to as a "Troop," "Tribe" or a "Community." A group of chimpanzees are called a troop. Same for baboons.
One of the collective nouns for a group of alligators is a "Congregation".
A group of elephants is called a herd.

Reminds me of that one song by Scott Mckenzie:

"If you're going to San Fransisco
Be sure to hide your camera gear
If you're going to San Fransisco
You're gunna meet some thieving people there"

Two 24 year olds, 65 arrests and 35 convictions between them and they're still on the street to terrorize society... Well at least until an armed citizen takes them out...
Late to the thread but nothing more than dull eyed, POS, inhuman animals that are little more than vermin in society.

With any luck they will be DEAD before the age of 25.....

Call me cruel and unrepentant but I would rejoice seeing their disfigured, lifeless bodies on the ground, with terrified open eyes staring into space.

Last Edited:
See a Prius
See a Problem
That is my motto....
But then again, those Mennonite boys shouldn't be out stealing like that.
Just sayin'

I don't disagree with you. Though I hate to tell you, the blue virus and its supportive criminal/bum/tweaker element is moving to your city or a city near you. Keep your head on a swivel, dirtbags are everywhere and the Democrats embrace them and encourage them to cause mayhem.
I drive in/around Tacoma every day: can confirm.

~30 years ago working in LA we "lost" an air compressor out of the back of our work truck.
Was stopped at a light, truck headed the other way stops two guys jump from the back, move our compressor to their truck and were gone.
Happened before we could have done a thing, aside from being out numbered and in their part of town. S... happens.
After that we started chaining up the equipment in the truck.

Be aware of ur surroundings/people following u, especially when moving expensive/desirable items like guns. Note how fast it happened and how quickly they were out of range.

This is what creeps me out about homeless and unsavory types at shooting places. I don't mean that you couldn't defend yourself if a homeless person did something, more the fact that u might have to.
Article on it here:
That's when you throw it in reverse, stand on it. c
Two 24 year olds, 65 arrests and 35 convictions between them and they're still on the street to terrorize society... Well at least until an armed citizen takes them out...
3rd & Pine. No surprise there. Worst corner in DT Seattle. That McDonalds is a cesspool -- I've seen drug deals go down IN the restaurant.

This is why we carry. And also why Inslee, Auntie Kate, Gavin Newscum, Durkan, Garcetti, et al, want to disarm US. They are unwilling to admit that a certain segment of our society commit the vast vast majority of violence with firearms, disingenuously placing the blame on an inanimate object instead in an insidious con game, easily defeatable with less than a few facts... then at the same time letting these feral humans back on the street to reoffend and bump up those "gun crime" numbers. It's maddening.

And unfortunately for us there are more of them. At least in these coastal states...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top