JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

Since the new emergency enactment goes into effect immediately, what happens to everyone who was waiting to file their Form 1 for the pistol brace? The state will ban the MANUFACTURE, importation, distribution, sale, or offer for sale of any "assault weapon" in the state of Washington. Form 1 is an application to "make/manufacture". Are we now stuck without any options?

F'ing with lawful purchases and applications that are planned or "already in the que" is the (unstated but obvious) intent of enacting the "emergency" provision. ATF will not approve anything that is unlawful in the state where the applicant resides.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

Since the new emergency enactment goes into effect immediately, what happens to everyone who was waiting to file their Form 1 for the pistol brace? The state will ban the MANUFACTURE, importation, distribution, sale, or offer for sale of any "assault weapon" in the state of Washington. Form 1 is an application to "make/manufacture". Are we now stuck without any options?
They're obviously don't care about breaking the law........ so put a stock on it and enjoy

Gun owners are starting to realize those on the street with illegal guns are more for the 2nd amendment than regular lawful gun owners!

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

Sadly yes probably. The applications will most likely be denied. So one option is to give up on the brace for now. Take it off, put on a single point sling. Watch video of this being done. I have played with one and they are not as nice as the brace / stock but, you can quickly learn pretty well how to make it work. Then that AR pistol is still a pistol. With a CPL you can even carry it loaded in the vehicle.
Also pay attention ever two years and vote well.

I'm in the same boat, got my first form 1 approved but still waiting on my AR9, which I think may go through even after the ban, because it has already been manufactured in that form. Now my MP5 that I bought last month, probably has no chance of going through because it is a traditional form 1 and not an a brace one.

I'm hoping this get overturned and I can get it into the 'legal' form that I want it to be.

F'ing with lawful purchases and applications that are planned or "already in the que" is the (unstated but obvious) intent of enacting the "emergency" provision. ATF will not approve anything that is unlawful in the state where the applicant resides.
No, it is not. It is to stop sales as soon as possible. They likely have not even thought through the purchase process. It's not like they have filled out 4473s before.

The more we try to play the victim card baselessly the less legit we seem.

Cut and paste from 1240 (link: HB1240 pdf):

"24 NEW SECTION. Sec. 6. This act is necessary for the immediate 25 preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of 26 the state government and its existing public institutions, and takes 27 effect immediately. "

There are no provisions in the bill concerning anything in the que or pending BATFE approval. No where in the bill does it state "stop sales as soon as possible", and anyone stating such should provide evidence or be considered suspect. They could, however, pass another bill to address these issues, but the legislative term ends on the 23rd, so that is unlikely. Besides, this bill was written and passed exactly as intended by the Marxists. Lawsuit and injunction (hopefully) is the next step.

Hi I'm from the govt and here to help keep you safe.. unless your black, pregnant, holding a baby, a child, a dog, or a straight white male.

branch-davidian-fire-01-gty-jc-180103_16x9_992.jpg

Hmmm they are grandfathered so ok that way, however does form1 = new firearm under state guidelines?

At the mercy at ATF's interpretation on this one. Which probably means it will change 180 degrees 3 times in the next month! :p

Imo anyone who says they know one way or the other and it's not coming directly from ATF doesn't know. Well see if approvals or denials come in from now on.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews