JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to say, the Oregon Republican party makes it difficult to find information. Their web site and Facebook page do absolutely nothing to help out when it comes to house and senate races. In fact, their web site is STILL having problems with receiving email.

No wonder the Dems have a super majority!

I have to say, the Oregon Republican party makes it difficult to find information. Their web site and Facebook page do absolutely nothing to help out when it comes to house and senate races. In fact, their web site is STILL having problems with receiving email.

It's almost like they don't want to win.

The people running the Oregon Republican party are scum. They not only did not help our recall efforts last year but went out of their way to hurt our efforts. They specifically told one of our supporters who wanted to volunteer for us that if he helped they would black list him for future work. They were part of the effort to make sure signature gathering companies did not work with us.

They have their own little agenda at their little thiefdom and Im not surprised at all that republican candidates continue to fail every election.

Was able to get hold of someone on the phone. Seems that the Republican Party really has little to do with local politics. It's up to the individual House and Senate caucuses to put out the information as to which races they think are important. That won't happen for at least a month and only when the election results become official. I had no idea that what we're seeing now are actually projections. Some precincts have yet to report write-ins, and some need to be audited.

Very frustrating that you have to jump through hoops to get any answers.

Well with that (above) understanding of the Oregon Republican establishment, combined with the NRA's all but complete disengagement from the 2A struggle here, leaves one thinking that, at the least, some people don't think the 'fight' is worth it or maybe even already lost. The more conspiratorial minded may speculate that Oregon has been conceded or sacrificed as part of the larger picture. None of this, of course, is acceptable regardless of why or how this happening. The only heartening aspect I see is the grass roots type response to the anti gun onslaught we saw in the last legislative session. I'm pretty confident in saying the next one will be equally malevolent to our civil rights, with an proportional absence of outside support.

"Are they gonna make us outlaws, again? . . . " Hazel Dickens song/lyric

Knowing where we might gain an advantage, or reduce numbers in the majority, is the point of the exercise. If we can vote a few of the D's out, the uphill battle won't be as bad.

Doesn't mean that it's not a battle, just that there might be a better chance of blocking some of the crap coming our way.

I think the only chance Clinton has is if she elects to run with Sanders as VP - if Sanders accepts. In which case, some percentage of Sanders supporters will vote for her as a proxy for Sanders, although I am sure Clinton would make sure Sanders was powerless as VP.

Here's the analysis:

25% of the electorate are Republicans. Hillary -25%

40% of the electorate are independents. 75% of them support Trump. Hillary -30%

35% of the electorate are Democrats. Roughly 50% of those are Bernie supporters. 40% of that 50% have pledged never to vote for Hillary for anything. Hillary -20%

The total percentage of the electorate who will not be voting for Hillary is about 75%. In a two way race, even if we allow a fudge factor of 15%, the best Hillary does is 40%. If Sanders runs as an independent it's an even larger disaster for her.

I'm a registered non-affiliate and my primary ballot only consisted of unopposed, incumbent OR Supreme & District Court Judges... oh yeah, and a 3-way race for Marion County clerk consisting of the incumbent (Burgess), and two challengers one of which couldn't be bothered to put any info in the voter pamphlet... so I voted for the challenger who put his info in the voter pamphlet in the hopes to shake out the "incumbent tree".

Gratifying stuff right there.... LOL! :s0112:

Same here, I switched to D (from I) so I could feel the Bern, but I also had a blast voting against Hoyle. I'm going to change back to I now.

Not me. I'm staying "D" simply because they need some more pro-gun, pro business members in the ranks.

The problem is (IMO) that we separate ourselves into like minded groups and then "group think" mentality takes over.

I seek to unbalance the "group think" trend, at least among Democrats.

E

My email to Hoyle:
Under the Subject Line "Too Bad . . . So Sad"
"SO, You stood up to the NRA! You forgot one thing.
You forgot that you were slapping those who believe in the 2nd Amendment in the face.
AND we have a loooooong memory!!!!

How did that work out for you???????

Sheldon R Strand
La Grande Oregon, That's in Northeast Oregon in case you didn't know
."

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show