JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bob Ferguson cost the State of Wash. $4.3 million dollars. He went after Value Village in a bogus case against their business status, as he has been going after the SAF. The issue was, Ferguson's contention was that VV was misrepresenting the organization's status to consumers. Meaning, they "looked like" a charity but were in fact a for-profit organization. Ferguson said consumers were harmed by this situation. I'm thinking, "How can consumers be harmed, they don't care where stuff comes from so long as they can buy it at reduced price." Apparently the Wash. State Supreme Court agreed with me; they found for VV and against the state AG. An award of VV's court costs plus damages was determined to be $4.2 million.

This relates to the situation with the AG's office going after the Second Amendment Foundation in a similar way. SAF recently had the lawsuit against the AG moved to state court, hoping it will be resolved in their favor and more speedily. Who would've guessed the Wash. State Supreme Court would've sided against the state establishment??

Bob Ferguson cost the State of Wash. $4.3 million dollars. He went after Value Village in a bogus case against their business status, as he has been going after the SAF. The issue was, Ferguson's contention was that VV was misrepresenting the organization's status to consumers. Meaning, they "looked like" a charity but were in fact a for-profit organization. Ferguson said consumers were harmed by this situation. I'm thinking, "How can consumers be harmed, they don't care where stuff comes from so long as they can buy it at reduced price." Apparently the Wash. State Supreme Court agreed with me; they found for VV and against the state AG. An award of VV's court costs plus damages was determined to be $4.2 million.

This relates to the situation with the AG's office going after the Second Amendment Foundation in a similar way. SAF recently had the lawsuit against the AG moved to state court, hoping it will be resolved in their favor and more speedily. Who would've guessed the Wash. State Supreme Court would've sided against the state establishment??
The attorney general and his henchmen should be arrested and charged with extortion. They basically threatened VV with the lawsuit unless they agreed to "settle" for a million dollar payoff to the state. (Basically saying we will force you to spend more on attorneys and we have unlimited resources from the taxpayers). If BF gets elected governor and the Dems control both state houses, I will be looking to relocate.

The attorney general and his henchmen should be arrested and charged with extortion. They basically threatened VV with the lawsuit unless they agreed to "settle" for a million dollar payoff to the state. (Basically saying we will force you to spend more on attorneys and we have unlimited resources from the taxpayers). If BF gets elected governor and the Dems control both state houses, I will be looking to relocate.
Wait until you see the gun laws they pass next year.

Wait until you see the gun laws they pass next year.
Now you see why I've been buying single shot long guns. Already we have that new bunch of stuff coming 1-1-24, passed last year, requiring a new $18 transfer fee to the state, mandatory safety class, etc.

Well hearing that Turd Ferguson got bubblegum-slapped by the courts brought a smile to my face though I still wish those millions came out of the turd's pocket instead of mine.

Well hearing that Turd Ferguson got bubblegum-slapped by the courts brought a smile to my face though I still wish those millions came out of the turd's pocket instead of mine.
I too had to laugh at this but sadly its the tax payers who of course get the shaft here. I too am really afraid the morons will vote sideshow into the Gov spot. We just have not felt enough pain yet sadly. :(

True that! I'm a huge proponent of financial penalties for government entities coming out of the agencies retirement fund instead of being paid for by taxpayers

Now you see why I've been buying single shot long guns. Already we have that new bunch of stuff coming 1-1-24, passed last year, requiring a new $18 transfer fee to the state, mandatory safety class, etc.
Yeah that reminds me I wanted to order another Zermatt action before I have to curtsy like a tard before the state to buy one.

Yeah that reminds me I wanted to order another Zermatt action before I have to curtsy like a tard before the state to buy one.
At some point, I decided that I wasn't going to allow the state to spoil my hobby, I figured there were plenty of things left for me to have fun with and I've embraced that idea.

Awwww.....Come On Man
If an individual Police Officer can be held responsible for their actions. Then.....
WAIT, Wait, wait.....I take that back.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

So Washington tax payers get to pay VV 4.2 million while Bob continues to be a pathetic phallus and skirts that bill that he is the sole cause of.

That guy… I have nothing nice to say about him.

Ironically, Value Village actually helps charities. Cannot say the same for Goodwill - which is run like a for-profit business.
If the AG of Oregon or WA investigated what shell company owns the properties which Goodwill leases, and who the end owner is, I think they might have interesting findings.

Ironically, Value Village actually helps charities. Cannot say the same for Goodwill - which is run like a for-profit business.
If the AG of Oregon or WA investigated what shell company owns the properties which Goodwill leases, and who the end owner is, I think they might have interesting findings.
Chances are someone is donating enough to the correct party then. That will keep the wolf from the door. The thing with VV started out as any shakedown. The "fund" that the money is coming out of comes from these shakedowns. This is how sideshow is with strait face telling anyone who will listen that this is NOT being paid for by tax payers. Easy to see this "fund" is a slush fund that it spread around. VV just stood firm and refused to pay and sideshow was sure he would win since the courts here are so heavily one sided.

Speaking of Goodwill; I think that there was a scandal of sorts a while back about them not paying fair wages to certain disabled people for working there because of the workers' disabilities.

I've stopped going to Salvation Army thrift stores after finding out that so many of them have been involved with literally selling items taken from people who stayed in their shelters for whatever reasons.. claiming the items as donations when they told the rightful owners that they would store them for the owners... and telling owners that they broke contracts/agreements and therefore kept the items as "compensation/donations"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top