JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/south...box-stolen-votes-thrown-in-dumpster/199225307

I wonder if such crap happened in other Red Counties......... might that be an example of the discrepancy of the ballot counts? Also, noticed one of my rather liberal acquaintances mentioned that she dropped off FOUR ballots yesterday..... Granted, it might be 3 from her co-workers or family, but............. the trend of voting multiple times to pad the numbers....:mad:

I know mine didn't get counted even though I put it in a drop box last week - one person I voted for got zero votes... Tootie Smith Clackamas County Comissioner Position 3...

EDIT: The source I accessed for this information, KGW, had Tootie listed in the wrong position in the results. Tootie won Position 4.

Last Edited:
I've heard speculation that millennials will show up to vote for something, but not necessarily against something. That means that if Bernie isn't in the picture, there will be fewer of them voting. Given the numbers we're up against, that may be our only hope for the top races in the state. Just as important are the state senate and house races. I've never volunteered to assist a campaign but seriously thinking about it now. There were a couple phone solicitors calling our house that were obviously going off a script and they didn't sound happy to be doing it. Maybe that's one area we can help out.

Here is the breakdown in Oregon:
upload_2016-5-18_20-13-47.png
http://oregonvotes.gov/results/2016P/index.html

It's going to be tough - not only do Democrats outnumber Republicans by 50%, a greater percentage turned out to vote. We may need to clone Betsy Johnson...

This election is entirely in the hands of Nonpartisan voters, and that's where we need to get the message.

I know mine didn't get counted even though I put it in a drop box last week - one person I voted for got zero votes... Tootie Smith Clackamas County Comissioner Position 3...

EDIT: The source I accessed for this information, KGW, had Tootie listed in the wrong position in the results. Tootie won Position 4.

That's good to know, we voted for her too.

Here is the breakdown in Oregon:
View attachment 293504
http://oregonvotes.gov/results/2016P/index.html

It's going to be tough - not only do Democrats outnumber Republicans by 50%, a greater percentage turned out to vote. We may need to clone Betsy Johnson...

This election is entirely in the hands of Nonpartisan voters, and that's where we need to get the message.

I think not only the non-partisans, but the independents and the libertarians, which they didn't list. It's a very tough thing to pull off, but considering how many folks from all walks are not exactly happy with the status-quo in Oregon, I think it could happen.

That, and if the damn Republican voters in Oregon would actually fricking vote!!! :mad:

And for those who thought that Van Hoyle was already a dishonest politician, it appears she can go even lower.

Oregon Sec. of State Candidate Caught Using Students for Political Gain on Camera

Last Edited:
Most of my family and my wife's family are die-hard Democrats. And for the first time I've ever seen, none of them will vote for Hillary Clinton in November - they all hate her - and that's putting it mildly. My step father said he would vote for Trump long before he would vote for Hillary. That's something I thought I would never hear from any of them. My wife's parents will not be voting D this November, which will be the first time for them in over 50 years of voting. Hillary is a detriment to her own party to be sure.
Good for them!

I know Secretary of State is not a legislative office, but although I celebrate Val Hoyle getting what she had coming to her, the guy that beat her, Brad Avakian, is also no friend of firearms owners.

So...Portland and Eugene will vote for Brad Avakian in the General election. Maybe if the whole rest of the state bands together, they can elect Dennis Richardson, and help take Oregon back from Portland.

Same goes for Bud Pierce for Governor. Maybe he only rates a "B" with O.F.F. at this time, but that's sure better than Kate Brown's "F".

WAYNO.

You go after Avakian for his $135k fine on the Christian bakery last year. Compare it to anti-free speech issues and the transexuals in bathrooms/locker rooms stuff like the fines for "misgendering" someone that is floating around in some places like NYC now.

Bud Pierce is not my favorite, less for guns than for healthcare. Too soft on the healthcare industry and gov involvement for my taste, but then he's a part of it. That expertise/experience will help him I think though with those fed up with Dem mismanagement more than any other GOP candidate that was running.

I've heard speculation that millennials will show up to vote for something, but not necessarily against something. That means that if Bernie isn't in the picture, there will be fewer of them voting. Given the numbers we're up against, that may be our only hope for the top races in the state. Just as important are the state senate and house races. I've never volunteered to assist a campaign but seriously thinking about it now. There were a couple phone solicitors calling our house that were obviously going off a script and they didn't sound happy to be doing it. Maybe that's one area we can help out.
I am pretty sure the larger turnout of Democrats was because of Sanders.

If the dems keep playing their shenanagins with delegates/etc., and he isn't the nominee - they probably will and he probably won't - then there are probably a lot of democrats that will not vote in the general election because they won't vote for Clinton as they will be pissed at her and they won't vote for Trump. If they do vote, Sanders supporters may be so pissed at Clinton that they vote for Trump just to spite her, or vote Libertarian.

Either way, I would expect a smaller turnout of democrats for the general election.

You may be right. Spent some time on the coast this week and didn't see a single Clinton sign or sticker. But Bernie signs and stickers are all over the place. Walked into a coffee shop and found a group of Bernie workers having a meeting about the next day's election - big group of very enthusiastic septuagenarians all ready to 'feel the Bern'!!! :confused:

Wife and I didn't drop primary ballots.

Rest assured, leanings toward R there will be no mistake in November. Day after receiving ballots they are dropped in boxes.

We vote like Democrats; early and often.

Wife and I didn't drop primary ballots.

Rest assured, leanings toward R there will be no mistake in November. Day after receiving ballots they are dropped in boxes.

We vote like Democrats; early and often.

We made sure to vote in the primary, for one big reason, an acquaintance of ours is running for the House in Clackamas County - she is the only Republican running for Brent Barton's seat and we wanted to help show she has some numbers behind her. She and her husband are both pro-gun, so anyone reading this is in Clackamas County, House District 40, vote for Evon Tekorious this November - it will be one more pro-gun vote in Salem!!

This is great news. Hoyle and others will now have to consider the consequences of thumbing their noses at the voters. At least the appearance of fairness will matter a bit more going forward.

The other interesting tidbit is that the only county in OR where Hillary won was in Gilliam County. That vote was 100 Sanders, 101 Clinton.

If the dems keep playing their shenanagins with delegates/etc., and he isn't the nominee - they probably will and he probably won't - then there are probably a lot of democrats that will not vote in the general election because they won't vote for Clinton as they will be pissed at her and they won't vote for Trump. If they do vote, Sanders supporters may be so pissed at Clinton that they vote for Trump just to spite her, or vote Libertarian.

Either way, I would expect a smaller turnout of democrats for the general election.

Correct. Last count, roughly 43% of Sanders' supporters have pledged never to vote for Hillary, for anything, ever. That's roughly 25% of all registered Democrats. Many are set to leave the party after the convention if Hillary is the candidate. The video from the NV convention has gone viral and it shows how ugly the Hillary machine is. It has been the last straw for many.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top