JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally some good news - tonight Val Hoyle LOST THE PRIMARY for Secretary of State - she will not be running against Dennis Richardson in November. And while the fight is not over, Val Hoyle has LOST!!! Walking over Oregon gun owners by ramming SB941 down our throats didn't save her. Bloomberg's $250,000 admitted payoff for SB941 didn't save her.

Time to celebrate a political victory of sorts - and considering the Secretary of State's office failed to allow a re-count of the attempted recall of Hoyle last year, this seems to be poetic justice.

This news makes me very happy :):):p:p

everyone i know whether R or D hates her and would never vote for her. she should be in prison.

Most of my family and my wife's family are die-hard Democrats. And for the first time I've ever seen, none of them will vote for Hillary Clinton in November - they all hate her - and that's putting it mildly. My step father said he would vote for Trump long before he would vote for Hillary. That's something I thought I would never hear from any of them. My wife's parents will not be voting D this November, which will be the first time for them in over 50 years of voting. Hillary is a detriment to her own party to be sure.

Bud Pierce is our Republican candidate.

For Governor, yes. Dennis Richardson is the Republican candidate for Secretary of State.

As for Mr. Pierce, I don't know how I feel about him really standing up for our 2A rights. I know he would certainly be a better choice than Gov. Kate, but I was hoping for someone a bit more actively pro-2A. I don't know if Pierce is that person.

why does it feel bittersweet? Like cutting off the head of a hydra only to have two grow in its place?

Im curious to what happens to Bloomberg's money. I guess we will see what she does with it here
https://secure.sos.state.or.us/ores...rchFilerCommitteeId=13967&?sort=asc&by=AMOUNT

It is indeed a bittersweet victory, but in a sense, it's somewhat a kind of justice for the Secretary of State's office not allowing a proper re-count of the attempted recall of Hoyle last year. I still think that was a bogus move on their part, so this, to me, is more sweet than bitter, at least at this time.

That said, expect her to be back. I seriously doubt she's done with Oregon politics.

I know Secretary of State is not a legislative office, but although I celebrate Val Hoyle getting what she had coming to her, the guy that beat her, Brad Avakian, is also no friend of firearms owners.

So...Portland and Eugene will vote for Brad Avakian in the General election. Maybe if the whole rest of the state bands together, they can elect Dennis Richardson, and help take Oregon back from Portland.

Same goes for Bud Pierce for Governor. Maybe he only rates a "B" with O.F.F. at this time, but that's sure better than Kate Brown's "F".

WAYNO.

I know Secretary of State is not a legislative office, but although I celebrate Val Hoyle getting what she had coming to her, the guy that beat her, Brad Avakian, is also no friend of firearms owners.

So...Portland and Eugene will vote for Brad Avakian in the General election. Maybe if the whole rest of the state bands together, they can elect Dennis Richardson, and help take Oregon back from Portland.

Same goes for Bud Pierce for Governor. Maybe he only rates a "B" with O.F.F. at this time, but that's sure better than Kate Brown's "F".

WAYNO.

You're right, it's very likely Avakian will pursue similar courses of action as Hoyle. But Richardson came very close to beating Kitzhaber last time - I think he is well liked and respected, even across party lines. If anyone has a chance to unseat the last 30-years of single-party control in Oregon, I think he is one of them. And if there is a chance to be sure elections and attempted recalls can go through, legitimately, I think he is a much better choice than Avakian, by a long shot.

It is indeed a bittersweet victory, but in a sense, it's somewhat a kind of justice for the Secretary of State's office not allowing a proper re-count of the attempted recall of Hoyle last year. I still think that was a bogus move on their part, so this, to me, is more sweet than bitter, at least at this time.

That said, expect her to be back. I seriously doubt she's done with Oregon politics.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought the recall against Hoyle was dropped when she said she was not going to persue re-election and go for SOS instead and that it was the recount for Prozanski that was the complete and utter failure of current SOS elected officials. Great news she got beat out either way.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought the recall against Hoyle was dropped when she said she was not going to persue re-election and go for SOS instead and that it was the recount for Prozanski that was the complete and utter failure of current SOS elected officials. Great news she got beat out either way.

You could be right, I thought it was the Hoyle recall. So many crappy anti-gun politicians in this state, it's easy to get them confused. Either way, any time one of these morons gets dumped on publicly, I'm a happy camper.

If you look at the numbers, at least 100,000 more Democrats voted than Republicans in the Primary. I'm not sure if this was due to only having one Republican left in the Presidential race, voter apathy, or if the numbers are that far out of balance.

Independents don't have the numbers to bridge that gap, even if all voted Pierce and Richardson. The only way to get a gun friendly Governor and Secretary of State (potential replacement Gov as we have seen) is to either sway some Democrats or get more Republicans to vote.

I just added up the numbers of votes for all Republican and Demonkrat candidates for Oregon governor and the Demonkrats cast 171,361 more votes than the Republicans:mad:! Tough road to hoe for Bud.:eek: Can't say what I'm thinking in polite company here! :D

I dont know why I bother but why would Jack Quigley give Van Holye's campaign a contribution after she paid his company $181,000 for 2 weeks of campaigning that failed a week after Bloomberg gives her $250,000. Its like he is paying himself? weird crap.

https://secure.sos.state.or.us/ores...ype=C&cneSearchContributorType=&search=Search

I noticed her campaign balance is $3700 in the hole meaning she spent that money already (mostly on Quikgley's out of state company)

Too bad we dont have actual investigating journalists anymore.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/south...box-stolen-votes-thrown-in-dumpster/199225307

I wonder if such crap happened in other Red Counties......... might that be an example of the discrepancy of the ballot counts? Also, noticed one of my rather liberal acquaintances mentioned that she dropped off FOUR ballots yesterday..... Granted, it might be 3 from her co-workers or family, but............. the trend of voting multiple times to pad the numbers....:mad:

For Governor, yes. Dennis Richardson is the Republican candidate for Secretary of State.

As for Mr. Pierce, I don't know how I feel about him really standing up for our 2A rights. I know he would certainly be a better choice than Gov. Kate, but I was hoping for someone a bit more actively pro-2A. I don't know if Pierce is that person.
From what I've read on their websites (Republican Governor Candidates) he seems the best choice, and the most electable. I detest the 'lesser of evils' condition of our elections and candidates, national, state, and local, but if there is any chance of keeping Brown from staying in office, I think there has to be a concerted effort to get behind one candidate; but then again, I also value voting one's conscience, and don't want to be a cheerleader or any other kind of annoying person that pushes for a certain candidate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top