JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any time a CDL driver is involved in an accident that someone is hurt in they have to by law have their blood tested. That said they still have the rights the law afford them. In this case one of the three conditions had to be met in order for the nurse to secure the test sample.

COP was wrong simple as that

I can see myself thinking this lady is a hurdle. I need to run this blood. But the world is full of stupid rules. Run the blood in my world.

Yes and no. To a degree; but as the victim there is no reason legit enough than I can imagine.

I am all about equality which is why it pisses me off to no end that as soon as I get custody of one of my boys his mother gets on SSI and by default is exempt from child support.

Equality right? Same situation/principle as the thread, unequal treatment by two different people.

Btw:
I ain't mad, I'm not frustrated. We could still be shooting buddies some day. ;)

This video really pizzed me off. I worked with LE and hospital staff for over 20 years. This nurse was used as a pawn in a bigger issue that she, nor the arresting officer, could easily solve at that point in time. If a sample is required from a CDL operator involved in a MVA, then the hospital should have a clear policy to provide access to it (beyond the stated conditions). IMO the hospital left their employees hanging out in the wind. As for the arresting LEO, WTF? It's a nurse dumbazz! Call your supervisor and work the issue upstream with the hospital PTB! Couldn't take that long to work out. Arresting her showed a personal weakness.

This is just a case of a cop who got pissed when someone dared defy his authority. Yes he went overboard but he didn't taze or body slam her. Demote him a pay grade or two, and cut her a check and call it even.

So Cops chase car in high speed chase car crashes and truck driver crashed and they want to drug test him well the post above is right a CDL license holder will be drug tested no matter what but sense the cops and there chase caused the wreck shouldn't they all be drug tested also the nurse should have drew there blood also

I can't see how losing his pension is right. That guy had a bad day maybe. If this is a string of many many issues, then sure garnish a % of it. But at his age, taking his pension is a bad idea.
If they did take pensions the "I'm having a bad day" would all but stop. This will cost the tax payers HUGE money. He will walk away and not care. I have a lot of bad days and can manage to not be stupid like this.

Last Edited:
If I have a bad day my house can be taken from me by somebody suing, my accounts can be drained and my life can be ruined

How the hell is he more special than I am?

One bad decision or hell even a false allegation can cost us thousands...

Equality... justice should be blind right and not care who you are or what you are backed by..
Exactly. That is why the "rest of us" can manage to have a bad day and not act like this fool.

If the police want people to support them and get behind them they better stop doing STUPID $#!+ like this everyday another video comes out showing a cop doing stupid $#!+ WTF they haven't figured out there are cameras everywhere now come on man

I don't know if anyone remember 's but a year or so ago two Spokane cops crashed there patrol cars into each other and a building lol they said they where chasing a car but turned out after a investigation they were racing each other LOL in the middle of the night no radio calls no bad guy no chase just a couple of board cops HEHEH totalled two cars and crash into store front lol I want to see those dash camera video 's

If the police want people to support them and get behind them they better stop doing STUPID $#!+ like this everyday another video comes out showing a cop doing stupid $#!+ WTF they haven't figured out there are cameras everywhere now come on man

I hope, and I truly do hope this is true, that this is weeding them out. I have long suspected this is not on the increase. Just that more get caught now since almost every human is walking around with a video camera in their pocket. There has always been a VERY small percentage of LEO's who make it through the screening and end up hired who should not have been. More of them get caught now. This is a good thing that they get weeded out. What often leaves me shaking my head more is ones that do stupid stuff where they know full well it's on camera. Again though those who can't control themselves need to be fired.

Personal Rant ... Emotional ...

I am a retired Registered Nurse. Still have active licenses. Retired. Like all hospital RN personal, I have had to rotate through the Emergency Room. Also I am a former Firefighter Paramedic. Used to drive a fire engine before becoming an RN.

Also had to work as an Arson Investigator as a Firefighter. Common. Peace Officer Standard Training. Required. Legal search and seizure and arrest powers. No big deal. Lots of old coots like me. Sosss ... this is based upon my personal opinion.

The cop gets fired. He gets 6 months in the county jail. He loses his pension. He is forbidden from taking future civil service employment. The ER RN legally sues, wins and gets BIG bucks from HIM personally. He really really screwed up.

Respectfully.

my wife is a nurse, and this could have been her. the nurse printed and showed him the AGREEMENT the hospitable and the police have, he knew that the supervisor was on their way down, it was obvious that she was just following the rules nothing more. So ask yourselves this, if your wife was treated like this just for doing her job would you be ok with this? I don't know about you all but i would be madder than hell.

So Cops chase car in high speed chase car crashes and truck driver crashed and they want to drug test him well the post above is right a CDL license holder will be drug tested no matter what but sense the cops and there chase caused the wreck shouldn't they all be drug tested also the nurse should have drew there blood also

The cops didnt initiate the chase, the dead guy did. The cops didn't cause the wreck. Why? Because at any time the dead guy could have and should have pulled over. Its their job to enforce the law. They have to react to what others do. Sometimes it doesn't end very pretty.

The cops didnt initiate the chase, the dead guy did. The cops didn't cause the wreck. Why? Because at any time the dead guy could have and should have pulled over. Its their job to enforce the law. They have to react to what others do. Sometimes it doesn't end very pretty.
That's true but they also have the choice to continue the chase I agree with you they have to enforce the laws but sometimes continuing to chase someone put more people in danger but it's a tough decision to make

That's true but they also have the choice to continue the chase I agree with you they have to enforce the laws but sometimes continuing to chase someone put more people in danger but it's a tough decision to make

Some city PDs have no-chase policies. They will contain, but not chase due to danger of collateral damage.

What sucks is when one agency is pursuing and another agency is containing and no one is talking and somehow everyone gets spike stripped.

Sounds to me like a clear case of illegal search and seizure on the unconscious dude, unlawfully arrest/detainment of the e.r nurse! Detective needs to be fired, needs to loose full pension, spend a few months in the pokey, and then a few months doing public restitution to include learning and teaching constitutional law to other public employees!
This was an abuse of power plain and simple!!! What really bothers me about the videos, not ONE single officer stepped in to defuse this dective, and separate him from the seen! They need to do a serious investigation of All Leo present and at the least, so do some retraining!!!

I like how everybody's panties are getting in a bunch because ONE cop of out how many hundreds or thousands screws up. Or, call it like it is...any reason at all for the cop haters to make an appearance. I'm not sticking up for what the cop did. It will be reviewed and he will be dealt with to whatever extent is appropriate.
First of all, walk a mile in a cops shoes. Then get back to us. these people volunteer to deal with scummy people all day and yet other scummy people demand almost impossible standards for the cops to meet.
To the cops credit though, 99.9% of them go above and beyond on a daily basis. Considering the daily backlash the cops get from all of the armchair quarterbacks, I'm surprised that they all don't take a month off and let the know-it-all idiots fend for themselves.
When there is no longer a review process or laws to hold cops accountable for misbehavior, then things will change. Until then, people will want to bash cops just for the sake of bashing cops. Take a break from the internet, please.
I will agree with walking a mile in the cops shoes when the police officer pays off the lawsuit for the officers actions instead of the taxpayer. When police officers screw up john q public pays for that screw up.

""I'll bring them all the transients and take good patients elsewhere," Payne says."
detective-jeff-payne__83678.jpg

[Updated and Bumped] OUTRAGE OF THE DAY: This is the sort of thing that puts America's law enforcement officers at risk - American Digest

My take away is similar to what I ahve thought about other cases.
Why the rush?

The cops have time on their side. The "victim" or "perp" wasn't going anywhere. If they had enough at the time they would have placed him under arrest. Clearly they didn't - because they didn't.
If they had some - but were not sure - then they would have got a warrant.
The medical tests would have revealed what ever they would and time can be factored in for measurements (under influence)

We have seen this in other cases, where a cop just has to arrest someone at that instant. Rather than waiting the situation out.
ie waiting for backup, a supervisor, medical, etc.

I read a follow up article today that assert the LEO called his supervisor and the supervisor told him to arrest the nurse. I think they are both wrong and they should have thought it over again and again and realized that this was just plain wrong. I can't imagine how any LEO at any level would think it was right to arrest the nurse for refusing to take a blood sample. Just what did they think they were going to charge her with? Did they think this would fly in any way?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top