JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How many other cases has this dude treated people like that ?? How many times has he violated somebody's rights and got a conviction on it ?? If he gets fired and charged, every case that dude has touched in the last 10 years is going to get reviewed.

I have been in ER's for hundreds of blood draws. That nurse was completely in the right, and that azzhole won't be able to write a parking ticket after that. What is most interesting is that the patrol officers there are not jumping to help him hook her up and want nothing to do with it since they want their jobs. The one even mentions it to the jacked up baldy and the guy keeps going for it.

Don't know where the ER physician was at, he /she should have dropped the hammer and ejected that guy right away. I am assuming she was the charge nurse, so she was a fairly high level supervisory position. You try that sh*t in some of the ER's I was in and you would get entire nursing staff and doctors down on you, nobody does that to one of the team.

How many other cases has this dude treated people like that ?? How many times has he violated somebody's rights and got a conviction on it ?? If he gets fired and charged, every case that dude has touched in the last 10 years is going to get reviewed.

I have been in ER's for hundreds of blood draws. That nurse was completely in the right, and that azzhole won't be able to write a parking ticket after that. What is most interesting is that the patrol officers there are not jumping to help him hook her up and want nothing to do with it since they want their jobs. The one even mentions it to the jacked up baldy and the guy keeps going for it.

Don't know where the ER physician was at, he /she should have dropped the hammer and ejected that guy right away. I am assuming she was the charge nurse, so she was a fairly high level supervisory position. You try that sh*t in some of the ER's I was in and you would get entire nursing staff and doctors down on you, nobody does that to one of the team.
Darn right, the E.R. my wife works at won't even allow the cops in while patients are being worked on! They have signs up on every entry stating this and the cops know it's pointless to try! IF one were to try, they would get in a ton of trouble not only with the hospital but the sheriff's office would be hunting the offending cop down!!! This particular E.R. has had several issues with cops in the past and so they got the county to enforce the policies after much legal wrangling, and the city relented and pulled their coppers back. There is a small waiting area for them to wait until the patient is stable (and has an attorney present ) then the cops can come in and do cop stuff under supervision!

Well one factor here that may have not been mentioned is that when a suspect or person is brought into the ER, they usually are not in custody at the time. If they were in police custody, then the police would be responsible for the cost of the care provided if they had no insurance. By virtue of him demanding a blood draw, then that is basically indicating they are a suspect, and if the suspect is unresponsive then they are not capable of giving consent or being advised of their Miranda rights, both of which would render the evidence being inadmissable in court. @NoRegerts correct ??

Even in felony cases, police seldom take a suspect into custody if they are headed to the ER, they wait until they are released to take them into custody.

I know in our E.R. that they cannot accept patients brought in by the cops, with the notable exception of a D.U.I. suspect!!! All patients that show up in custody are considered non emergency and they go to general adm, for any care needed. I just asked the Wife about a suspect situation, she quoted that even a suspect has equal rights until they leave her E.R.

Issue Spotter: How Many Cops Need To Be Fired Based On These Facts?

If you answer 'one,' you fail. YOU are part of the problem.
I could only get through a couple paragraphs of that rant. When he started making statements about { as Payne did what cops do when they don't get their way.} and
{Please. Payne may have acted a bit aggressively, but he was well within the bounds of normal terrorist behavior.}
This is the kind of garbage you hear from the Obama / BLM morons all the time. I would love to set aside a couple cities for just them. Tell they they can live there with NO POLICE. See how long any of them want to stay there after a matter of days with rule of survival of the fittest ruining things.

Well one factor here that may have not been mentioned is that when a suspect or person is brought into the ER, they usually are not in custody at the time. If they were in police custody, then the police would be responsible for the cost of the care provided if they had no insurance. By virtue of him demanding a blood draw, then that is basically indicating they are a suspect, and if the suspect is unresponsive then they are not capable of giving consent or being advised of their Miranda rights, both of which would render the evidence being inadmissable in court. @NoRegerts correct ??

Even in felony cases, police seldom take a suspect into custody if they are headed to the ER, they wait until they are released to take them into custody.

This may be a state by state or even county by county thing then. I see people brought in, cuffs, in custody all the time. The jails here will not take a prisoner if there is even a slight problem. They need to be cleared by a Doc, which here means into the ER. This started here long ago when they arrested someone who was high and he died in the drunk tank. People sued and won. So now jails do some basic exam and if there is anything they are not sure of it's off to the ER they go to get a sign off from a Doc. Often once they are there the Doc will not give the sign off for hours. So then it depends on how much the LEO's want the guy. If bad enough they pay for one to sit there in the room guarding the prisoner. If not they will leave after telling prisoner you are in custody. If you try to leave the staff will try to stop you. If you assault any of the staff you gain another felony charge for that and escape. I have seen a few run off. They are of course then chased back down again and more charges added.

I see your points and they are actually very true. Thanks for opening my mind. I think the only difference is, cops deal with bad nasty people all day. They write tickets to folks like us. But they put most of there energy into losers. Especially detectives. They are human. Not a excuse. I can see myself thinking this lady is a hurdle. I need to run this blood. But the world is full of stupid rules. Run the blood in my world.
They make that choice, and no one forced them. They get paid well and should conduct themselves professionally, period. If they cannot handle the expectations that come with that choice, then they should get into another line of work. I've never heard any service members complain as much as I've heard cops and their apologists attempt, on the grounds of how difficult the job is, to justify unbecoming conduct. And service members make only a fraction of what cops make, and they do a more dangerous job. If they think its tough, they can just tell it to the Marines.

Driver needs to agree to a sample or the cop needs to arrest the driver or there needs to be a warrant. This is not rocket science. The cop should be fired and criminally prosecuted.

Exactly. This was decided by the Supreme Court with a 7-1 ruling in 2016. BIRCHFIELD v. NORTH DAKOTA

Look I don't want to "pile on" this guy, and I am overly supportive of Cops, BUT, I have to say I liked reading this. As I have said often, LEO's have a job I don't want. Yet it of course needs to be done. Kind of like the RN's I know who work children's hospital. I could NOT do that job, but it has to be done. So when a Cop screws up this bad I do want to see it cost him. His age to me makes it worse. I would be more forgiving of a "youngster"who had just not fully matured yet. I expect more from someone like this guy who looks to be about my age. Wisdom is supposed to come with age.

Did anyone ever figure out why he wanted to draw blood in the first place?

The victim wasn't a suspect, there was no reason to even consider placing him under arrest, and no judge was ever going to grant a warrant.

So why was this detective so hell bent to get a sample? ?????

E

An update on this: Detective Payne has been fired, though he is appealing. His supervisor, Lt. Tracy, has been demoted to the rank of Officer. The police chief apologized to Wubbels and the nurse is receiving $500K in a settlement. Story here.

An update on this: Detective Payne has been fired, though he is appealing. His supervisor, Lt. Tracy, has been demoted to the rank of Officer. The police chief apologized to Wubbels and the nurse is receiving $500K in a settlement. Story here.

Nice when public officials make the right decisions. Hopefully Payne appeal gets laughed out.

Hot DAM.... would some policeperson PLEASE rough me up because "they can"?! Mama needs new shoes!! :eek:

Yes the nurse is receiving money from the working class tax payers because of a detectives choices. The detective should be paying this payout not John Q public

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top