JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Heretic has it right, they should have taken the time to review things, and to act in accordance with the LAW, not violating it and opening them selves up to a serious criminal invistagation! Now we get to see just how deep that rabbit hole goes!

I will agree with walking a mile in the cops shoes when the police officer pays off the lawsuit for the officers actions instead of the taxpayer. When police officers screw up john q public pays for that screw up.
You live in America, the greatest nation ever to grace this planet. While not everything is perfect here, all it takes to change things would be if all the arm chair quarterbacks and second guessers get out from behind their keyboards and get involved.
There you go.

I will agree with walking a mile in the cops shoes when the police officer pays off the lawsuit for the officers actions instead of the taxpayer. When police officers screw up john q public pays for that screw up.

The agency's insurance policy will pay for it. Yeah, JQP paysbthe premium, but its not like theybwill have to pass a levy to fund the settlement.

You live in America, the greatest nation ever to grace this planet. While not everything is perfect here, all it takes to change things would be if all the arm chair quarterbacks and second guessers get out from behind their keyboards and get involved.
There you go.

I was involved - for four years - at the "front lines" so to speak.

I think speaking up is an important way of getting involved. Public opinion has always been an strong way of changing government policy and actions.

The agency's insurance policy will pay for it. Yeah, JQP paysbthe premium, but its not like theybwill have to pass a levy to fund the settlement.
The point being is that rarely does the Leo pay the cost of screwing up it's always passed on to others to pay the price.

There you go.
Leo are paid to do a job if they don't want to fulfill the duties of the position may be they need a new occupation where they dont expect others to do their job for them. Kind of like most carreers

The point being is that rarely does the Leo pay the cost of screwing up it's always passed on to others to pay the price.

It depends. The state agencies review the actions if a suit is brought forward. If the review finds the officer at fault, the officer is not awarded legal counsel and is subject to action. If found to be within policy, the AGs office provides representation and the suit is aimed at the policy itself. Like in Tennessee v. Garner, a teenager was shot in the back of the head while fleeing a burglary. In TN, that was a lawful shoot. The family brought suit, but the state had to eat it. The officer promoted up the ranks and retired as a Captain.

Not all that long ago, the Supreme Court affirmed that nonconsensual, warrantless drawing of blood is a violation of the Fourth Amendment. A couple relevant cases are Missouri v. McNeely in 2013 and Birchfield v. North Dakota in 2016. From I have seen on the articles, the crash victim was not suspected of a crime, was not under arrest, was is no condition to give consent, and there was no search warrant issued. The hospital's policy is correct and the detective's action was not.

Not all that long ago, the Supreme Court affirmed that nonconsensual, warrantless drawing of blood is a violation of the Fourth Amendment. A couple relevant cases are Missouri v. McNeely in 2013 and Birchfield v. North Dakota in 2016. From I have seen on the articles, the crash victim was not suspected of a crime, was not under arrest, was is no condition to give consent, and there was no search warrant issued. The hospital's policy is correct and the detective's action was not.

It depends if the state of Utah has conditions for CDL holders to agree to for the license. Much like having a fishing license pretty much waives your 4th Amendment rights when you are fishing.

"First of all, walk a mile in a cops shoes. Then get back to us. these people volunteer to deal with scummy people all day and yet other scummy people demand almost impossible standards for the cops to meet."
Many people have walked in cop's shoes and would never treat a nurse that way. Nurses and law enforcement have a long history of working together and have something of a un spoken pact to treat each other well. He violated that. Simple as that.

Many people have walked in cop's shoes and would never treat a nurse that way. Nurses and law enforcement have a long history of working together and have something of a un spoken pact to treat each other well. He violated that. Simple as that.

There is an ER I use often to get medical clearances and one of the RNs makes sure I always have a sammich and soda ready for me. I'd marry the dude if I swung that way.

Leo are paid to do a job if they don't want to fulfill the duties of the position may be they need a new occupation where they dont expect others to do their job for them. Kind of like most carreers
So we're talking about maybe 1-2%, right? About the same percentage that would apply to most other jobs and professions. Like I said Some people just like bashing cops for the sake of bashing cops.

The cops didnt initiate the chase, the dead guy did. The cops didn't cause the wreck. Why? Because at any time the dead guy could have and should have pulled over. Its their job to enforce the law. They have to react to what others do. Sometimes it doesn't end very pretty.

The high speed chase thing is a mixed bag with me. I hate seeing dobads just drive off laughing. I also HATE to see the results of some moron wiping out some poor person just driving to work. The City Police here long ago made them stop. Unless they are chasing a known dangerous felon as soon as the chase gets "dangerous" a supervisor will shut it down. Some of the surrounding departments are a mixed bag. Years ago I listened one night as Lakewood wrecked 5 patrol cars chasing a stolen car. At the end of it I had to wonder if they would all be using their POV's the next day. After all how many damn cars could the department have. One thing about this that bothers me more than anything else is the repeat offenders. To me there is just no excuse for this. Many of these clowns think this is a big joke now. To me run from the law and it should be loss of driving for life. Get caught again it should be just the same as if you were a felon caught with a gun. Liberals love to freak about criminals with guns but seem to care less about a car. To me the car is just as dangerous if not more so. Make getting caught running like this painful enough that some will not want to keep doing it.

That dude is fired! Hopefully he doesn't get paid in the mean time. Hope there is a way he can get charged with a felony. Hate people like that, especially when they wear a badge.

No but that money could sure find better uses. What bothers me more that the money is the way stuff like this feeds the Obama types. The ones who have a hate on going for all Cops. They love it when one gives them a gift like this. They will share this video for years to come while trying to pretend this is the norm rather than one jerkoff. Every good Cop now has to deal with people in the public using this video as an excuse to act like an asshat to them. Damn job is hard enough as it is without this crap.

It also bothers me that so many Cops who do stuff like this just get to walk away. If I did something like this at work? I would be unemployed the next day.

At least that cop that told that lady "We only shoot black people" got himself fired! Just because you wear a badge, dosnt exempt you from acting like a human, and certainly dosnt give you a pass from punishment for wrong doing! I agree, LEO need/should be held Roto a higher standard. You take the job knowing full well that you are responsible for allpying and enforcing law, you automatically are held to a higher standard as you should know better!

Okay, this may be a slight tangent but it speaks to consent and to motivation in a case like this; Many years ago I was involved in an accident on my way home from work. Short version is that a 19 year old girl made a left turn across 3 lanes of traffic and I didn't have enough room to stop hitting her broadside. I was driving an old "hotrod" with no seatbelts and was thrown from the vehicle. I wasn't speeding or breaking any other laws. When I came to in the middle of the street, 2 cops were screaming at me not to move while shining their Maglites In my face. In the official report that was referred to as administering first aid. Once I got to the hospital they (he) insisted on taking a statement from me as the ER doctor was stitching up the back of my scalp directly over the skull fracture that i had acquired. My memory of that evening is pretty spotty but I clearly recall him asking the same questions over and over while slightly rephrasing in an effort to get whatever answer he was fishing for. Although I don't remember giving permission, I apparently submitted to a "voluntary" blood draw. I had a pretty significant head injury FFS! I was in tghe hospital for several days and off work for a couple months. Even now, almost 20 years later i still have lingering issues.
There was shotty, no it was downright B.S. "investigating". Outright lies! WCSO was bound and determined to make a case. When the dust settled there were no charges that they could make stick. I even beat the careless driving charge in spite of the officer lying on the stand to coroberate his laughable official report. I did nothing wrong. I was the victim! In the end his/their lying CYA cost me over $60k out of pocket in medical, legal, and property damage. Why they decided I was going to be their special example I'll never know. My point is, a cop's "bad day" can have very real consequences for the people they come in contact with.

At least that cop that told that lady "We only shoot black people" got himself fired! Just because you wear a badge, dosnt exempt you from acting like a human, and certainly dosnt give you a pass from punishment for wrong doing! I agree, LEO need/should be held Roto a higher standard. You take the job knowing full well that you are responsible for allpying and enforcing law, you automatically are held to a higher standard as you should know better!

I had forgotten about that one. When I read it I thought "you idiot". I suspect he was frustrated and venting but damn dude. Another example of put your foot, really both feet in your mouth while you know you are on tape? There was another one a while back here. Trooper who got canned over dating some woman he had pulled over for a drunk driving. He was weeping after it was over about how he screwed up his dream job blah blah blah. Well idiot. Think with the wrong head and yes that happens. While it looked like nothing really wrong was done it was how it looked and the woman took advantage of it. There is all kinds of "badge bunnies" out there so it's not like the damn kid could not get a date without doing this stupid stunt. Saw a nice kid who worked with me lose his job this same way. Because we see some VERY personal information on the public he used it to send a social media request to some cute girl he dealt with. The girl had no problem with it and she was an adult. Her mother got wind of it and raised hell. He even offered to resign and they said NO, you are FIRED.

Last Edited:
For now, Wubbels is not taking any legal action against police. But she's not ruling it out. "I want to see people do the right thing first and I want to see this be a civil discourse," she said Thursday, according to the Deseret News. "If that's not something that's going to happen and there is refusal to acknowledge the need for growth and the need for re-education, then we will likely be forced to take that type of step. But people need to know that this is out there."

'This is crazy,' sobs Utah hospital nurse as cop roughs her up, arrests her for doing her job

The high speed chase thing is a mixed bag with me. I hate seeing dobads just drive off laughing. I also HATE to see the results of some moron wiping out some poor person just driving to work. The City Police here long ago made them stop. Unless they are chasing a known dangerous felon as soon as the chase gets "dangerous" a supervisor will shut it down. Some of the surrounding departments are a mixed bag. Years ago I listened one night as Lakewood wrecked 5 patrol cars chasing a stolen car. At the end of it I had to wonder if they would all be using their POV's the next day. After all how many damn cars could the department have. One thing about this that bothers me more than anything else is the repeat offenders. To me there is just no excuse for this. Many of these clowns think this is a big joke now. To me run from the law and it should be loss of driving for life. Get caught again it should be just the same as if you were a felon caught with a gun. Liberals love to freak about criminals with guns but seem to care less about a car. To me the car is just as dangerous if not more so. Make getting caught running like this painful enough that some will not want to keep doing it.

Yup - cars are much more dangerous than guns - I see bad drivers endanger others all the time. Had a guy try to run me off the road on 217 a couple of months ago because he did not like the fact that I was following at a safe distance.

Here's the thing - unless a bad driver hurts or kills someone through negligence, they will most likely keep their license. When I went to court to pay my ticket for speeding on my bike in Seattle, I sat through traffic court for about 20 minutes watching quite a number of people get a break for no insurance and no/expired license - mostly hispanic individuals. They were told if they came back with proof of insurance and license in 90 days then they would get a deferred penalty or nothing at all if they kept clean.

You just know that as soon as they were ok with the court, they would drop their insurance.

When I went up, the judge asked me what I did for work. I said I was unemployed at the time. He asked me my profession and I told him software engineer. What does that have to do with the fact that I was speeding? He cut my amount down a little and I paid it. I got the feeling that if I told him I pushed a broom around a warehouse he would have let me go with little or no fine like he did everybody else. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top