JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to the USPS main hub for my neighborhood today, they said there's nothing they can do. I requested my delivered status to be changed to lost, can't do it. I brought proof, but their hands are tied.
I was very respectful to the staff, they are the face of the incompetence of the system. I'm sure people verbally abuse them all the time.

I delivered one of the packages to my neighbor, interesting conversation.
She said we have a new delivery guy. She also received the wrong parcel locker keys, and had someone else's items (wasn't mine unfortunately) not only that, in her regular mailbox she had 2 other addresses from the neighboring street mixed in with her mail.
Unbelievable.

Went to the USPS main hub for my neighborhood today, they said there's nothing they can do. I requested my delivered status to be changed to lost, can't do it. I brought proof, but their hands are tied.
I was very respectful to the staff, they are the face of the incompetence of the system. I'm sure people verbally abuse them all the time.

I delivered one of the packages to my neighbor, interesting conversation.
She said we have a new delivery guy. She also received the wrong parcel locker keys, and had someone else's items (wasn't mine unfortunately) not only that, in her regular mailbox she had 2 other addresses from the neighboring street mixed in with her mail.
Unbelievable.
Escalate it. Take that same proof up to the regional postmaster. The local staff probably do not want to admit fault because they have targets to hit and lost packages make those metrics look bad. If you go away they get away with it. They are trying to make it hard on you, and honestly they need to be beaten for it. So take it up to the next level an make sure they know you were denied in your initial claim (and preferably who did it if you can) despite the evidence you presented. Go high enough and eventually someone will care, but it is going to take a lot of grit on your part to get there; the lower down the totem pole you are the more incentive they have to make you go away, the higher up you go the more incentive they have to listen (especially if they fear you taking legal action on this, because they may not have as much legal cover as they claim, at least as an institution).

We have been round and round with this very issue for several years now with my father's meds, some of which are just in time mail, as in, if they are late or miss delivered, or worse, Dad dosnt have needed meds! I have spoken to the local post master, to no avail, so I escalated to the state attorney generals office, also to no avail, so I filed suit against the USPS, and boy howdy did they respond! The next week, there was a new post master and several delivery people, though they still phuck it all up, at least the new master listens now when I chew his head off!
This is one of the reasons I haven't switched my meds to delivery. I just stop by the pharmacy while i'm out doing other stuff. The poor CS there is still better than not getting them at all and having to deal with more idiots. Whoever mentioned it earlier (maybe in another thread?), we are slowly working our way toward Idiocracy.

United States Postal Service. The only "business" that doesn't make profits and still charge ridiculous prices for mail, and still stay in business :rolleyes:

Edit. Honestly though.. were it run by competent people, we wouldn't be complaining about misplaced packages, package thefts, lazy delivery drivers, high parcel post costs or lack of services...
I've shipped over 3,000 packages since 2010 according to my USPS home page... and yet I've never had sticker shock with the post office. All things considered, it's ridiculously inexpensive to ship (especially with Ground Advantage).

Contract carriers are the real nightmare.

All the mail carriers are garbage, now.
Sadly, that is the case, as they're all some degree of garbage. UPS is, easily, the worst in these parts. I can't believe I'm saying this, but USPS is likely the best. With Fedex in the middle. I haven't used DHL recently enough to real gauge it.

In my experience here in the PNW UPS has been the absolute worse. Every single package has arrived late or shipping info not getting updated when tracking packages.

I get informed delivery emails from usps. On a regular basis, priority mail packages, due on said date, will show being delivery the day they are due. Then they arrive 2-10 days later. Charge extra for priority mail, show delivery, then deliver the package whenever. Hard to get good help these days I guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top