JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I order $240 worth of heavy reloading components and a substitute USPS driver delivered it to the wrong complex. I am assuming sender sent it in flat rate box but shipping was free on my end. They said they will check the lock box of the other complex to see if package is still there. If it is they will transfer it to our complex's box. If not I am SOL and they said I will have to work it out with the sender and the sender can file a claim.

What is the likely scenario that will play out with the sender if I have to call them and say I didn't get my product even though tracking shows it was delivered to my box?

Did you use a credit card to pay for it?

If you can't work it out with sender, then you should be able to reverse the charges.
Yes I did use cc to pay for it. Do you think that is a valid chargeback request that will stick. That will suck if I have to do that as I have ordered a lot of stuff from this company and didn't want to burn the bridge but $240 is a lot of money to lose. I am very disappointed in the USPS response thus far.

Yes I did use cc to pay for it. Do you think that is a valid chargeback request that will stick. That will suck if I have to do that as I have ordered a lot of stuff from this company and didn't want to burn the bridge but $240 is a lot of money to lose. I am very disappointed in the USPS response thus far.

The product was not delivered to you. It was not your fault. A chargeback should stick.

But give the vendor and the shipper a chance to resolve the issue first.

I want to know where you found reloading components! Or was it just a single brick of primers?

Anyway, messed up deal for sure. :(

The product was not delivered to you. It was not your fault. A chargeback should stick.

My only concern is that the tracking info is showing the product delivered. If USPS can't track down the package and I have to claim a chargeback it will be my word against the tracking info status unless the cc company calls the post office to confirm what happened. I don't know if I can't get post office to change the status of the tracking info. What a mess thanks to the USPS.

My only concern is that the tracking info is showing the product delivered. If USPS can't track down the package and I have to claim a chargeback it will be my word against the tracking info status unless the cc company calls the post office to confirm what happened. I don't know if I can't get post office to change the status of the tracking info. What a mess thanks to the USPS.

You said wrong complex. These guys punch in GPS coordinates when they deliver. Is this complex' box so close to yours that GPS would appear it was left where it should have been? That could suck.

You said wrong complex. These guys punch in GPS coordinates when they deliver. Is this complex' box so close to yours that GPS would appear it was left where it should have been? That could suck.
Yes the complex is a different name but right next to ours. The manager at the post office was able to see that the substitute driver delivered to their set of boxes which are not near our boxes. The other complex's boxes are in their parking lot versus ours are on the street out front.

If the USPS driver doesn't recover it today, I think I will ask the wife to go over with a sob story and see if she has any luck. We have had packages go missing this way before so I don't think the people over there are terribly honest.

File an issue with the USPS. The sender needs to file also - it is the sender that will have the most impact with the USPS. The CC co usually sides with the consumer as they don't directly deal with the seller.

Tragedy averted. USPS recovered package and delivered to my box today.

20210416_183838.jpg

20210416_184755.jpg

While it sucks for the seller, you the buyer, will get all your money back if you file. On a Card Not Present sale, like this, the buyer has over the top protections. For the seller to beat it they would have to be able to show you signed for the item. The carrier saying they dropped it off does not save the seller.
This is what insurance is for. Seller can decide to risk it if they wish but, the seller is the one who takes the risk, not you.

Tragedy averted. USPS recovered package and delivered to my box today.

View attachment 863956

View attachment 863955
Glad it worked out. This is a great warning though to anyone who sells this way. If the buyer is paying by card, the seller is on the hook if something happens. You have to weigh the cost vs the risk. Then decide do you want to pay to make the buyer sign for and or add insurance. Back when I first found E-bay I used it to get rid of a LOT of "stuff". Couple times some small thing buyer claimed they never got even though tracking showed they did. I just refunded their money. If it was something pricey enough to worry me? I paid for them to have to sign for it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top