JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been living at the same address for 12 years now. We have community mail boxes. 3-4 times every year, USPS messes up our parcel locker deliveries.

We have 6 parcel lockers for 24 addresses. What happens is USPS FREQUENTLY gets the keys messed up.

This time, I had 12 packages, totaling several hundred dollars with one item being one-of-kind being reported as "delivered" by USPS. I was expecting these items so I could begin a project this weekend.

I use the key left in my mailbox, and open the parcel locker to find a TEMU package for my neighbor. A neighbor that I beef with. Damn. Does he now have my expensive stuff? And I have $7 worth of TEMU garbage??

USPS makes me so mad, I didn't receive my items, but it is marked as successfully delivered.

I find it interesting that mail theft is a Federal offense, but it's OK for USPS to mis-deliver, possibly restricted items (prescription meds) or very personal, rare items, to random people.

I went back later tonight, found most parcel lockers open, but with the items still inside. It seems the USPS person really boogered everything up. I took everything from those lockers, and I will be taking them to the main office. If they want those items back, they better give me mine.

When they note it as successfully delivered, you have no recourse if the items are stolen. Because to whoever the vendor or insurance is, they see it was successfully delivered.

USPS is full of useless meatbags.

Been living at the same address for 12 years now. We have community mail boxes. 3-4 times every year, USPS messes up our parcel locker deliveries.

We have 6 parcel lockers for 24 addresses. What happens is USPS FREQUENTLY gets the keys messed up.

This time, I had 12 packages, totaling several hundred dollars with one item being one-of-kind being reported as "delivered" by USPS. I was expecting these items so I could begin a project this weekend.

I use the key left in my mailbox, and open the parcel locker to find a TEMU package for my neighbor. A neighbor that I beef with. Damn. Does he now have my expensive stuff? And I have $7 worth of TEMU garbage??

USPS makes me so mad, I didn't receive my items, but it is marked as successfully delivered.

I find it interesting that mail theft is a Federal offense, but it's OK for USPS to mis-deliver, possibly restricted items (prescription meds) or very personal, rare items, to random people.

I went back later tonight, found most parcel lockers open, but with the items still inside. It seems the USPS person really boogered everything up. I took everything from those lockers, and I will be taking them to the main office. If they want those items back, they better give me mine.

When they note it as successfully delivered, you have no recourse if the items are stolen. Because to whoever the vendor or insurance is, they see it was successfully delivered.

Yeah, I sent three checks to the same FFL within a week of each other (auction stuff, you know?). Two of them showed up in a timely manner, the third is MIA to this day. I finally payed with the card (and incurred the fees thereof), and now I have to keep an eye out in case the check inadvertently gets cashed so I can work with the vendor for a refund (we already worked out a plan together, but they did warn me they process a lot of transactions and most checks just get cashed immediately, with the order number being sent on to the relevant department). This was a simple letter, and we have no idea where it has gotten to. No tracking, no record, nothing.

Honestly I have had some success contesting "successful delivery" notifications, but I also have a camera system. I have asked them for exact delivery times (I know they have them because they scan everything now) so I can cross reference that with my camera system. This has gotten them to change the status form "successfully delivered" to "lost" (or whatever current BS status they are using to mitigate their responsibility).

If you get the wrong key again take a picture, especially of the package address in "your" locker and use that to get them to change the status of your package. At least that way you can work with the vendor to replace the item. If they refuse to work with you you can take your complaint up the chain of command, an eventually to legal entities. They have an entire government department to deal with mail fraud and misdelivery, but you do have to go through all the steps to get there.

All the mail carriers are garbage, now. I had to personally sign for a muzzle device from UPS a few weeks ago. I just happened to be sick the day it was delivered at NOON so I was home anyway. On a Monday. If I wasn't home, what was the plan? Try again on Tuesday and Wednesday at noon, then send it back because I have a job? Why on earth was a muzzle device restricted in such a way to require a 21+ signature with matching ID...

We have been round and round with this very issue for several years now with my father's meds, some of which are just in time mail, as in, if they are late or miss delivered, or worse, Dad dosnt have needed meds! I have spoken to the local post master, to no avail, so I escalated to the state attorney generals office, also to no avail, so I filed suit against the USPS, and boy howdy did they respond! The next week, there was a new post master and several delivery people, though they still phuck it all up, at least the new master listens now when I chew his head off!

Yeah, I sent three checks to the same FFL within a week of each other (auction stuff, you know?). Two of them showed up in a timely manner, the third is MIA to this day. I finally payed with the card (and incurred the fees thereof), and now I have to keep an eye out in case the check inadvertently gets cashed so I can work with the vendor for a refund (we already worked out a plan together, but they did warn me they process a lot of transactions and most checks just get cashed immediately, with the order number being sent on to the relevant department). This was a simple letter, and we have no idea where it has gotten to. No tracking, no record, nothing.

Honestly I have had some success contesting "successful delivery" notifications, but I also have a camera system. I have asked them for exact delivery times (I know they have them because they scan everything now) so I can cross reference that with my camera system. This has gotten them to change the status form "successfully delivered" to "lost" (or whatever current BS status they are using to mitigate their responsibility).

If you get the wrong key again take a picture, especially of the package address in "your" locker and use that to get them to change the status of your package. At least that way you can work with the vendor to replace the item. If they refuse to work with you you can take your complaint up the chain of command, an eventually to legal entities. They have an entire government department to deal with mail fraud and misdelivery, but you do have to go through all the steps to get there.
That's one reason I just eat the credit card fee by default. Plus I get about 2% back on all purchases anyway so it's often very close to a moot point and I know for a fact my payment was received and processed with recourse to dispute if needed. Checks suck.

Be careful we don't want the postal workers going postal.

I have pics of the key and corresponding opened locker. Plus, I took the contents of the locker and will show the post master in person, if I never receive my items, having the status changed to failed delivery will help invoke the protection policies of the vendors.

We have been round and round with this very issue for several years now with my father's meds, some of which are just in time mail, as in, if they are late or miss delivered, or worse, Dad dosnt have needed meds! I have spoken to the local post master, to no avail, so I escalated to the state attorney generals office, also to no avail, so I filed suit against the USPS, and boy howdy did they respond! The next week, there was a new post master and several delivery people, though they still phuck it all up, at least the new master listens now when I chew his head off!
I've been receiving prescriptions by mail for a while. My meds are not critical, and can't get anyone high. But... if they were critical or could be abused, how does USPS not take these issues seriously? If my neighbor is an addict, they may get my package, hear it is pills, open it and discover it's nothing fun. Now that they've opened them, obviously I'll never see them after that.... freaking irresponsible!

I feel your pain. Mia used to be our mail carrier. Mia was an absolute angel and did her job VERY well. Everybody LOVED Mia. Because Mia was awesome! But then Mia relocated to a route that was closer to her home. Great for Mia. But no more Mia for us. We are all very sad. Sigh.

Godspeed Mia!

Anyway, can you dumb it down for your postal carrier? Like maybe spray paint each of the six parcel doors a clearly different and bright color...and then spray paint each key to match?

Or can you ship to your work or friend or family's address that doesn't have the communal mail box mess?

I feel your pain. Mia used to be our mail carrier. Mia was an absolute angel and did her job VERY well. Everybody LOVED Mia. Because Mia was awesome! But then Mia relocated to a route that was closer to her home. Great for Mia. But no more Mia for us. We are all very sad. Sigh.

Godspeed Mia!

Anyway, can you dumb it down for your postal carrier? Like maybe spray paint each of the six parcel doors a clearly different and bright color...and then spray paint each key to match?

Or can you ship to your work or friend or family's address that doesn't have the communal mail box mess?
I volunteer my house as a drop location. The only tax is a box of ammo from every ammo shipment and I get to open all the boxes to see what cool toys you got :s0140:

We live in a condo complex (no waterbeds here). We have a different condo complex next to our complex. Each complex has it's own set of mailboxes & parcel boxes. Occasionally a package meant for our unit ends up in the same numbered unit's parcel box at the other complex. It's happened a handful of times and fortunately the USPS has been able to fix it each time. It did involve trip to the post office each time and a short wait for our package to be recovered.

Maybe the post office needs to start taking pictures of the mail/parcel box or drop off location at delivery like Amazon does.

You should realize that they have a hard job to do and things are not always going to happen the way you want them to. Maybe you should move to Portland or New York city or Mexico and see how that works out for you and then you will change your opinion. Maybe not. Have a snickers and don't forget to set your clock. Livin the dream

Yeah USPS sucks here too. I'm tired of getting my neighbor's mail in my mail box, and they get mine as well.
I guess it's because they are, or think they are, goverment employees therefore don't have to GAF.

What did you guys do before indoor plumbing? Did you guys just start whining or have you had this problem for quite some time. I'm laughing this morning thanks. Did you wake up grumpy or did you let her sleep.

What did you guys do before indoor plumbing? Did you guys just start whining or have you had this problem for quite some time. I'm laughing this morning thanks. Did you wake up grumpy or did you let her sleep.
Back then, I didn't get my neighbor's mail, didn't have Comcast, and my wife was younger, so it was better times for all.

United States Postal Service. The only "business" that doesn't make profits and still charge ridiculous prices for mail, and still stay in business :rolleyes:

Edit. Honestly though.. were it run by competent people, we wouldn't be complaining about misplaced packages, package thefts, lazy delivery drivers, high parcel post costs or lack of services...

Postal workers are some of the laziest and rude clowns I've ever had to deal with. It is a weekly occurrence where I or the neighbors on my block are having to go to each other's houses to rectify the mail idiots mess ups.

I have sent and received packages which were mailed Priority mail recently where they either sit at the local post office for a day or two before moving on to the next location to sit a day or two before moving on. It isn't worth spending the extra money to try and get quicker delivery.

I received a package after watching it literally go all over the country before coming back to and leaving Oregon twice before being delivered to me.

I say privatize it or let all the other parcel carriers take a shot at doing the job right.

Last Edited:
Maybe you shouldn't believe everything the whistledicks tell you on your transistor radio. Maybe you could get on your pony and go fetch your own mail. Better yet train the cat to do it. Problem solved. Let's go Brandon FJB

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything the whistledicks tell you on your transistor radio. Maybe you could get on your pony and go fetch your own mail. Better yet train the cat to do it. Problem solved. Let's go Brandon FJB
Am deaf, radios practically useless. Losses of revenue reported directly by Postmaster General DeJoy for 2023.

Tell me... if FedEx, DHS, UPS reported the same massive loss.. would they remain in business anymore?

Edit. On some packages, UPS is actually cheaper than USPS :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads