JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buyers beware, if buying a gun on line it's 50/50 if you receive it. Employees know what to look for, I have had 2 guns that had good tracking numbers then disappear and if the box does arrive the gun case is empty they re-seal the box.
That's why you put insurance on them. Ding ding...

I had a couple packages that were updated to
Alert
September 13, 2019 at 5:55 pm
Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location
SPRINGFIELD, OR 97478

Yet I was at the shop all day with the door wide open, obviously they didn't come by otherwise they would have left a slip in the box, no mail on Saturday either.
Yeah, UPS is even worse here. Same ol run around... Never had a bit of trouble with USPS though..

I've actually had pretty decent luck with USPS over the decades and have only had 1 package truly and somewhat comically disappear. Bought a fairly expensive, hard to get book (the seller only had 2 copies) as a Christmas gift for someone, only to have it "disappear" in the system somehow at the local post office branch (Hillsboro). I immediately went to the seller once I was fairly certain the USPS would do nothing about it (the seller amazingly sent me their remaining copy as a replacement at no additional charge and had it delivered in time for Christmas, too). The funny part comes several months later, when the original package shows up, with one side of the box completely torn away and the box is obviously entirely empty. There's also a sticker applied stating the package might have been damaged in shipping (yes, really).

It's actually quite puzzling for a few reasons: Why even bother delivering an obviously opened, empty box whose contents were clearly gone/stolen? There was nothing on the box to suggest the contents were valuable so why was it selected to steal from? The book itself doesn't appear to be valuable to an outside observer, it's just not in print in the US currently is all, but otherwise looks like an ordinary hardcover novel, so why not put it back after finding that it's worthless to you instead of keeping the contents or possibly throwing them out?

Our family has had a few problems with USPS but nothing like FedX or UPS. In the last couple of years we used the two latter services to over night fresh fish to family in New Mexico around Christmas. One package arrived 3 days later and was delivered to the wrong address. The other was delivered over a week late! Both instances the shipping cost was returned but, they won't cover the contents. Luckily the fish was still cold and good.

I mailed a package last wednesdsy
And as of Saturday still no tracking information on it.
Fortunately the postmaster of Lapine is my next door neighbor so I talked to her about it yesterday and she told me there have been a lot of issues lately but is going to look into my shipment.

UPDATE! - package delivered yesterday but no tracking history other than delivered.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top