JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few of my packages started to move from where they were parked for days. Maybe 9/11 security like was suggested earlier. Others still nothing. And they are not skipping states / distribution centers. So it appears that they really were being held.

They are government employees with absolutely no way to get fired and most don't care or are covered up by the others. A guy at my shooting club who's father worked for the PO as a carrier would tell tales that would curl your hair about screw ups, stealing mail. just dumping it when they didn't feel like delivering it, etc. Why should they care? They can't get fired, have an international union that covers for them even if they tried to burn the PO down, etc.

This is, unfortunately, true. My brother-in-law is a letter carrier in Portland. He told me that this summer, one of the letter carriers he works with got caught shooting up heroin on the job. At most places of employment something like that might get you fired. But at USPS it gets you several weeks of paid disability leave. And of course, your job remains secure when you get back from rehab. Regardless of the fact that almost 90% of people who go to rehab for opiate addiction wind up relapsing within 30 days. :confused:

Aren't you so glad that guy is out there delivering mail?!? One can only guess how much mail he has probably stolen over the months and years. It is not an exaggeration that getting fired from the USPS is damn near impossible. Their union will protect EVERYONE.

My brother-in-law has also confirmed that many USPS employees are the most lazy people you will ever meet in your life. When he first started with USPS a few years ago, he was finishing his routes quickly. He got angrily confronted by some of the more senior letter carriers who told him he had better slow down because he would otherwise make everyone else look bad. And when I say "angrily confronted", I mean that he felt like he was physically in danger. Like they were going to physically assault him if he didn't start being more of a slacker.

He absolutely hates working there. The only reason he stays is because he needs the health insurance. That, and he understandably enjoys the job security.

I just bought 2 Rugers from gunbroker and they arrived in Mason County (at the FFL's location) in 2 days, no problem.
USPS Priority Mail is usually airmailed
Yes, I did not say never. The Big boys , dealers like Bud's, Midway, Brownells, along with Davidson's, Lipsey's and other major distributors usually use FedEx or UPS. Smaller dealers do sometimes throw USPS into the mix.

NEVER ship high dollar items USPS, Use FedEx or UPS or one of the courier services like DHL!
I got my $2200 Shipment via truck ground in 6 days at the height of the storm right from Houston, not a second later then what they quoted me!
The packaging was seriously over kill, but I was happy to see the effort made!

NEVER ship high dollar items USPS, Use FedEx or UPS or one of the courier services like DHL!
I got my $2200 Shipment via truck ground in 6 days at the height of the storm right from Houston, not a second later then what they quoted me!
The Gunga Din excerpt brings back memories

UPS are crooks too. A buddy of mine who does high end restoration work (by high end I mean he has lots of guns coming through that start at $10,000 and go up from there) had a Henry barrel he redid for a guy. It was only about 60 miles away, but he didn't feel like driving it up, so he took it to UPS. Insured it for $50,000, 2nd day. The guy calls up, "Hey, I got a empty box! Where's my barrel?!" So Steve goes down to UPS with his packing slip and all that. Seems the UPS slip they had was "all messed up" and barely readable, so they claimed he only insured for $500.00! "Well since MY packing slip shows $50,000 and shows I PAID EXTRA for $50,000, I want the barrel back or the money!" They literally threw him out, like that Ron White joke, "I don't know how many it would take, but I know how many they used!" (I've had that happen to me too, literally picked up and thrown out, just not at UPS). When he went back to find out where lost shipments end up to see if he could get the barrel back, (who would know what a 36" iron bar is, was or for?!) they called the cops on him! Now Steve is the calmest, most soft spoken guy you have ever seen and not all that tall so he isn't some hulking football player who scares the fools, but he does not take BS, just politely asks questions until he finds out what he wants to know. Since many of his clients are rick and or famous, plus many lawyers, he reached out to them. They ALL said "forget it! UPS keeps an army of lawyers for just this sort of thing. You will die of old age before getting any where!" He finally did $50,000 worth of free work for the guy (probably a lot more just to keep the guy happy, but "charged" $50 grand) to keep everyone happy.

I have had friends that worked for UPS and they had to wear special shoes because so many shoes were stolen out of there, no jewelry (same reason), no this, no that, any purses, bags, etc. searched when they left every day, etc. Pissed them off! Like the PO they hire dredges and they get what they pay for and the rest of us pay for that too.

Last Edited:

Is DHL still delivering in the usa

If this delivery snafu continues it may get to the point that special deliveries, and I do mean special, would be accompanied by a guard, dare I say armed guard? Reminds me of the ole stage coach days! When you get to the point that you have to insure an item for $50,000 you would think that there might be a business opportunity for guarded package personal delivery from point A to point B! That could even be by private plane. I remember 30 years ago talking nice to a private pilot who was flying bank checks to Portland from Klamath Falls. He wasn't supposed to carry passengers but I convinced him with a crisp new $100 bill! The alternative was for me to spend the weekend in K-Falls. Yahoo, that sounded like fun, NOT! Seems that time is money wasted as far as the banks were concerned. He said on average he carried at least the equivalent of $500,000 every time he flew.

A few of my packages started to move from where they were parked for days. Maybe 9/11 security like was suggested earlier. Others still nothing. And they are not skipping states / distribution centers. So it appears that they really were being held.

I got mine today, it has been buzzing around since the 5th, sent priority mail with original estimate of 2 days.

I have two PO Boxes; one personal, one business. Both were empty today. Bizarre, because I normally have a crap ton of mail everyday. Maybe there is something going on. :confused:

Received one of my packages today. NOT!
Bits and pieces of the bag used to ship my package in! No contents of course. Grrr
They were nice enough to put the bits in a sealed baggy, and deliver them, so I would have an impossible time putting in a claim and/or getting a refund for non-delivery.

3FFA2D99-1693-4889-A337-F6F283126A5D.jpeg 72AC2D92-5012-4B4E-8A8A-AEC45A26CF25.jpeg

Oh, you think THAT's bad? How about my Amazon purchase of a watch band $4.95 that came to PDX distribution then got sent to BUMF#@k Texas and is now making it's way back to PDX again! $4.95, now THAT really hurts! ;-P (all in good fun)

That's just terrible, my 600 dollar package is for a customer so he pays the tab in the end, I'm out nothing but tracking time.... LOL Plus I bought it from a wisconsin company, but I found out the shipment came from Canada, so the US tracking don't work....

Received one of my packages today. NOT!
Bits and pieces of the bag used to ship my package in! No contents of course. Grrr
They were nice enough to put the bits in a sealed baggy, and deliver them, so I would have an impossible time putting in a claim and/or getting a refund for non-delivery.

View attachment 616795 View attachment 616796

That reminds me of one time I ordered a part for a Webley revolver. Took weeks rather than days to arrive. When it did it had a tire track down it. No, I'm not joking, an actually tire track. I'm guessing USPS handling is something like this:

ColdDazzlingBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

I just received a package via USPS I had ordered on Saturday. Odd thing was that it came by 2 day air, which I didn't request and tracking never showed up which I did ask for.

Eh, oh well. Let's see how the other 2 packages en route fare.

I had a couple packages that were updated to
Alert
September 13, 2019 at 5:55 pm
Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location
SPRINGFIELD, OR 97478

Yet I was at the shop all day with the door wide open, obviously they didn't come by otherwise they would have left a slip in the box, no mail on Saturday either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top