JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have waited for many many months for Starline to make another batch of 44-40 brass and it isn't happening and finding the brass locally is like finding hen's teeth. I am considering ordering some from a seller on Gunbroker. It seems like USPS money orders are the common method wanted for payment. I have not used USPS money orders before, what is the general process for purchasing and sending a USPS money order to a seller? Does it have to be snail mailed or can the post office send it electronically?

Last Edited:
Do it all at the Post Office.

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 7.05.38 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 7.06.17 AM.png
Quickest

Will work fine for what you are purchasing (1-3 days)

Do it all at the Post Office.

View attachment 1405166

View attachment 1405167
Quickest

Will work fine for what you are purchasing (1-3 days)
So snail mail is only option for sending it? I read the linked info earlier but it goes from step 5 of buying the money order to step 6 of tracking the money order?

It is a physical, paper document. If you don't want to send it via USPS "snail mail", you can pay extra for as fast as overnight delivery, via USPS or other common carrier (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.).

If you are looking for electronic payment, I'm not sure the USPS is able to help with that. Bank ACH/Wire transfer, other payment platforms that typically aren't firearms-related friendly. So being patient for the money order to arrive next day (or later, depending on how you want to send it) may be your best option.

Last Edited:
I have waited for many many months for Starline to make another batch of 44-40 brass and it isn't happening and finding the brass locally is like finding hen's teeth. I am considering ordering some from a seller on Gunbroker. It seems like USPS money orders are the common method wanted for payment. I have not used USPS money orders before, what is the general process for purchasing and sending a USPS money order to a seller? Does it have to be snail mailed or can the post office send it electronically?
MANY use this method BUT, remember, if the guy you send that MO to never sends what you paid for you are out. So be careful who you deal with and make sure you are willing to risk the amount you send.

Message the seller and ask. Some sellers select money order as preferred form of payment, but will also accept electronic payments like PayPal, venmo, cashapp and the sort. A moneygram or western union wired or otherwise may work out. Keep in mind, gunbroker does not guarantee your purchases with electronic payments like that, so you'd be at the mercy of your seller. Check their feedback and if you trust the situation, go for it. I've bought plenty that way before, but since those payment parties prohibit firearm transactions, gunbroker doesn't allow it. Brass shouldn't be an issue, especially if you can get the USPS to send a money order electronically. Just contact a few sellers and see what their options are.

Edit: after looking into USPS money orders specifically, no they don't send electronically. If that's the route you go, it's gotta be snail mail, and then track it electronically.

Last Edited:
I personally would never buy anything these days that requires me to mail a payment. There's a gazillion ways for funds to be exchanged digitally that also offer some level of protection against fraud for both parties.

Not to mention the PITA of the process in acquiring the money order. Nothing on this planet is worth all that nonsense.

I've always thought this would be the preferred way to go when buying firearms related items, just to avoid the credit card tracking. I haven't actually tried it, but I've kept it in the back of my mind in case I needed it for the future. To me it would be like buying a pistol with cash at Cabela's. There will be some paper trail, but maybe less. I hope.

I've always thought this would be the preferred way to go when buying firearms related items, just to avoid the credit card tracking. I haven't actually tried it, but I've kept it in the back of my mind in case I needed it for the future. To me it would be like buying a pistol with cash at Cabela's. There will be some paper trail, but maybe less. I hope.
Well no on the gun. Unless you live where you can buy the gun face to face with no dealer involved the sale its known and the info never goes away. Many still believe this info is magically erased. To really believe that they have to be willfully wanting to just not see the truth.
Now as for ordering stuff with a M/O if the paying that way it worth the risk? Hey great but, anyone who does this has to remember they are taking a risk of just flushing that cash down the crapper.

Last Edited:
I've used them for various things (especially if it's for something I don't like paying for in the first place)
Just sent one off in the snail mail to pay the "Portland Art tax" ).

PS...you do get a USPS stub which can be used to cancel the USPS MO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top