JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
shooting them might not be stupid but hunting them is .
Anyone who thinks they are going to stroll out and successfully hunt down a wolf might not be stupid but they are delusional .......chance killings are more like it.

Anyone who thinks they are going to stroll out and successfully hunt down a wolf might not be stupid but they are delusional .......chance killings are more like it.
Lots of truth here.
Some guys k ow how to get them. Not me yet.
We've got lots of those POS animals over here.

The biggest issues that I have with the re-introduction of wolves to a given area are :

Often the folks who make these decisions , do not live or work in the area where the wolves are to be
re-introduced...these folks do not have to live with the consequences of their decision making.

Also it seems that in some cases the wolves "re-introduced" are not of the same sub-species that was historically in the area....that can change things drastically.
Andy

You trap wolves

5199.jpeg

The biggest issues that I have with the re-introduction of wolves to a given area are :

Often the folks who make these decisions , do not live or work in the area where the wolves are to be
re-introduced...these folks do not have to live with the consequences of their decision making.

Also it seems that in some cases the wolves "re-introduced" are not of the same sub-species that was historically in the area....that can change things drastically.
Andy
There not the same species.
We had timber wolves back in the day in the lower 48.
They didn't reintroduce timberwolves. They. Introduced the grey wolf.
About twice as big.
And back in the day elk loved on the low lands and prairie.
We killed off the Timberwolf and then the elk got pushed up to the mountains.
And there lies the issues.
Wolves live up there.

There not the same species.
We had timber wolves back in the day in the lower 48.
They didn't reintroduce timberwolves. They. Introduced the grey wolf.
About twice as big.
And back in the day elk loved on the low lands and prairie.
We killed off the Timberwolf and then the elk got pushed up to the mountains.
And there lies the issues.
Wolves live up there.

That's not entirely correct. A Timberwolf, was a Grey Wolf. Yes, current Grey wolves are slightly bigger, but we're talking minuscule amounts. We have skeletal remains of early wolves to prove that. That's misinformation that continually spreads. The reason for the size difference isnt the sub species, but area they are from. Our current wolves were pulled from Canada, and the closer to the equator you go the smaller the critters get.
Either way, I'm glad to see them pulled. For multiple reasons.

Lots of truth here.
Some guys k ow how to get them. Not me yet.
We've got lots of those POS animals over here.
Poison was the only way they could do it in the past really
Talk to anyone with real life experience trying to trap or set off on foot to stock and hunt a wolf pack. And doing it with dogs of your own really isn't in the cards .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top