JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the warning article:

The flier encourages people to back away slowly while facing the wolf and to fight back if attacked.

I'm sure their and my idea of 'fighting back' differs somewhat.....SSS

Last Edited:
I don't think much about them at all. From what I understand, which isn't much, there are very few wolves in the state in the first place. They're listed as endangered in all but the most eastern reaches of the state, so hunting them isn't a concern I have. Frankly, I don't have a desire to hunt wolves or coyotes or anything that I won't eat for that matter. Leave them alone, and they'll leave you alone.
The deer, elk, and other prey animals are more rightfully the wolves' than ours to harvest. As to them being a nuisance to ranchers, I say that's part of the assumption of risk when you're in that business.
Just for fun explain to me how something that has never been here can be endangered when it was reintroduced from another range where t is not endangered?

"Their area of known activity is generally west of Diamond Lake and east of Glide."

That covers a lot of territory.

"We are confident in the continued health of the state's wolf population as they expand in distribution across the state and continue to show an upward population trend."

Isn't that just dandy?

Need to get real and re-introduce the jack rabbits so everyone has something to eat! Who or what did ALL the predation on them?
We've got the Eastern cottontail around here writ large now. I've lived here for 36 years, only in the last three have the rabbits turned up. This year, they are quite abundant. Since I'm in a no shooting zone now, I guess I will be saving on 3 inch .410 shells. Which are unavailable these days anyway.

We have managed to eliminate smallpox viruses from the wild. And most of the mosquitoes that transmit malaria from most of the US.
Well, there seems to be this liberal reversal going on of turning back the clock on progress. The thing with the wolves, knocking down dams that store water and generate power, etc. I suppose reintroduction of virus and other germs would go along with this train of thought.

We've got them in So Or. They hang out between Pilot rock on the Or/Cal border and range up to Crater lake. They follow the Elk and deer down out of the cascades in the winter and have killed some stock over near Grizzly peak in the last half dozen years.

We've got them in So Or. They hang out between Pilot rock on the Or/Cal border and range up to Crater lake. They follow the Elk and deer down out of the cascades in the winter and have killed some stock over near Grizzly peak in the last half dozen years.
Last year they where killing 3 calves a night for weeks in the klamath basin......the killing isn't even the worst part, the calves that are suppose to be gaining wait everyday are loosing weight from being chased all night. Do the math on 1000 head....the losses are astronomical

Pretty tough to have a happy medium with apex predators in direct competition with people back in the mix. Our great grandparents may have been wrong about a few things, I don't know that they were wrong to eradicate the Wolf from areas of open range. I know that the wolves do a good job of weeding out the weak from the strong, but there may only be room for one tiger in the cage, not two.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top