JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon already did a lot of damage to big game hunting in NE Oregon, first in the mid 1990s with the banning of hound hunting for predators, then later by not doing anything with all the wolves. That's probably why in part ODFW has to come up with "premium hunts" for people to apply for (throw money at) -- to offset a drop in tag and perhaps license revenue.
That was promoted and finacially supported by an animal rights group, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). The HSUS put millions of dollars into horrific videos in TV adds, none of which were shot in Oregon! The HSUS is the same animal rights group that puts the heart wrenching adds on TV of poor abused dogs and cats and asks for $19.00 a month -- and less than 1% actually goes to any hands-on animal care! It' an anti-hunting group that also seeks to end all animal and pet ownership in America! The HSUS is NOT an "animal protection" group as they market themselves -- but is primarily a group of lobbyists which writes and lobby's for animal rights legislation which has the agenda of ending all animal ownership and all human/animal contact -- including ending all hunting.
Support for the HSUS primarily comes from urban dwellers which means Democrats! I've followed and opposed every piece of legislation written and promoted by the HSUS in
Oregon and our Democrat majority has supported their legislation by a percentage of 100%! The Oregon Humane Society in Portland sits side by side with the HSUS in committee hearings and it is the Oregon Humane Society which introduces the animal rights and anti-hunting legislation written by the HSUS!

It's too bad Oregon is so politically screwed up. I really loved living there until the last few years. Once they allowed antifa and the homeless run amock the state really took a nosedive. If Oregon goes conservative down the road, I'd be ok moving back....and if they strike down 114....still unsure how it's constitutional for people to vote away other's rights.

From the link:

"PORTLAND, Ore.— Wildlife conservation groups today announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction for the illegal killing of a collared male wolf in Klamath County late last fall.

The illegal killing of wolf OR-103 near Klamath Falls in October 2022"....

So. It's illegal to kill a wolf, and a reward is being offered to whoever rats out the wolf-killer.

But THIS is legal and acceptable:

A6FAD134-6367-4DFB-AA50-14C5809DA64D.jpeg

What. A. Freak. Show.

Wildlife conservation groups today announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction for the illegal killing of a collared male wolf in Klamath County late last fall.
"Wildlife conservation groups" is usually code for extremist animal rights groups! The Center for Biological Diversity, Predator Defense, the HSUS -- and many more are all left wing extremist groups!

I read this yesterday and thought, "Good luck getting anyone involved with livestock or any hunters to supply a tip." The people offering the reward have nothing to lose by having the wrong wolf back in this state. The rest of us do.

Albeit not in Oregon.
I read / heard recently it was now possible fine / jail time, in England,, to give the wolf whistle to the opposite sex. (I have a more specific picture worth whistling for in mind, but I'm not going there)
Not that it has anything to do with the price of fish, it is a "wolf situation) per thread title and goes to show Wolf situations throughout the world, are controversial. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top