JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every single one of us will
So why worry :cool:

Yup. Death is just part of living. Worrying about it seems almost bizarre. Personally, I couldn't care less, but I strive to be the strongest link I can in the family chain. And enjoying the ride is an extra blessing.

Concerning Ehrlich's thoroughly discredited, pseudoscientific bullplop, this short video may be of interest:

The Weekly Standard, rightly, blasted his "work" a few years back — Paul Ehrlich: Even Worse than the New York Times Says He Is.

Paul Ehrlich should have Sara McLoughlin following him around singing sad music every time he opens his mouth.

Uh, maybe Sarah McLachlan? Singing "Angel" to her lesbian lovers???

Every single one of us will
So why worry :cool:

h38BF025C.jpg

The Mayans, the Olmec, the Sumerians, the people of Easter Island (an excellent example) are all examples of humans exceeding the carrying capacity of their environment and then having a severe reduction of their populations - and/or moving away from a region.

I would have put a like on your post except for your repeating this, again. I don't know about the Sumerians, but it's mere theory and conjecture as to why the Mayans, etc, disappeared (yes, I've read the books, articles, seen the TV shows)... NOBODY knows!!! Proof of nothing!! Easter Island... your kidding, right? Might as well include CROATOAN... How about the desertification of the Sahara? Did the people there overuse the water and screw themselves?

Die off is fine with me... in fact, I'm kinda looking forward to it!!! I'm disgusted with the world and the humans in it... "Change is gonna come".

Go ahead and prep... but I wish that the "Sky is falling" people would please stop the fearmongering and leave the rest of us to our pleasant somnambulism.

It seems like most of these end times crybabies mainly think the only solution is a global government to do what's best for us.

Beware of government agents trying to do you some good...

U.N. Agenda 21, then becomes U.N. Agenda 2030, then renamed U.N. Goals for Sustainability. If you read it, the plan is world domination by the U.N., putting 1st world countries money and productivity to work for the 3rd world countries. Because, fairness and worldwide economic justice, right? Shouldn't we all suffer together???

Don't worry - Be happy works for me and has for many, many years. Annoys the hell out of the terminally pessimistic.

But, yes some rather enjoy 'the world is coming to an end' scenarios, in ah, lets see ten years? Hhmm, not in ten it turns out.

Do I hear another number?

That renowned expert known as aoc says twelve years, 'we's all gonna die hideously' (if we fail to regress back 200 hundreds years) then says, only kidding...what a card.

At least she doesn't want regression back to the stone age, like one group I can think of...

The wars over natural resources will remove enough people so that the survivors wont worry about shortages.

According to Sir John Glubb(The Fate of Empires), western governments have a habit of turning liberal and self destructing every 250 years.

I count it as a good thing that I'll be long dead before I have to seriously worry about it.

Over-population is here, for sure, just look at Snohomish County. But there are worse places, like Tokyo where people live like ants. For the time being, enough supplies are brought into congested areas to sustain such density. So we talk about this problem assuming that mankind must have everything as they have it at present, but that's a mighty big assumption. Mankind can exist without all kinds of civilized goodies. It wouldn't be comfortable but it would be an existence. We get in a jet now and fly thousands of miles away for a vacation. In future, could be humans would be living in holes in the ground, never venturing more than a few hundred yards away, subsisting on cannibalism which would surely cure at least some of the over-population problem. Nothing guarantees an upward trajectory.

Pretty pessimistic, huh? How about this, then? Mankind so far has shown itself to be pretty adaptable, surviving ice ages and other assorted calamities down through the times.

Best sentence in the history of the internet.
No, the history of the world...............the universe even.
You are my hero.............:rolleyes:

Cracked me up!!! :D

Truth is... if SHTF, some gotta live, some gotta go. I won't survive very long due to inability to relocate, and lack of vigor to defend my castle and stores. So I'm not gonna worry about it. But the subject is future overpopulation, pressure on resources, and resultant shortages. If regional shortage hits, IMO the best response is to move where there is plenty. If there is regional overpopulation, move to where there are less people (I moved from San Diego to La Grande to get away from the maddening crowds!) If global shortage hits, well... short of an asteroid I don't believe that is going to happen. Global overpopulation (Also not going to happen)... logically at some point wars, famine, and disease will thin us out for sure, just like always, unless human ingenuity saves the day, just like it always has... But there won't be anything prepping can do to prevent it. Problem solved... we can all move on now!! ;):D

"Don't worry, be happy!"

Back to my regularly scheduled dose of Soma...

Cracked me up!!! :D

Truth is... if SHTF, some gotta live, some gotta go. I won't survive very long due to inability to relocate, and lack of vigor to defend my castle and stores. So I'm not gonna worry about it.

"Don't worry, be happy!"

Back to my regularly scheduled dose of Soma...

I look at these "We are all going to die" scenarios as a means of attention seeking, attempting to gain control,
monetary gain and just flat out personal gratification.
We have had "end-of-the-worlders" since the world began. Some have even convinced large
groups of followers to commit suicide.
What better way to get folks top buy stuff they don't need? Just tell them you are all going to die if you
don't buy my magical doohickey that can squeeze water from a rock or a tent that can fit in your wallet.
Common sense dictates how prepared to be. We always have a months supply of food on hand. 60 gallons of fuel,
emergency generator, ammo, moderate amount of medical supplies and firearms and 3 slingshots.
If I need anything else we will all be dead before you can say "boo".
I am too old to play the testosterone games. Too old to run and too tired to care.
I think if some folks turned off their tv's and quit reading survival magazines things would calm down a bit.
The above is all just my opinion and not intended to promote any particular brand of breakfast cereal.

Oh look......................................squirrel.......................... 6835.gif

I look at these "We are all going to die" scenarios as a means of attention seeking, attempting to gain control,
monetary gain and just flat out personal gratification.
We have had "end-of-the-worlders" since the world began. Some have even convinced large
groups of followers to commit suicide.
What better way to get folks top buy stuff they don't need? Just tell them you are all going to die if you
don't buy my magical doohickey that can squeeze water from a rock or a tent that can fit in your wallet.
Common sense dictates how prepared to be. We always have a months supply of food on hand. 60 gallons of fuel,
emergency generator, ammo, moderate amount of medical supplies and firearms and 3 slingshots.
If I need anything else we will all be dead before you can say "boo".
I am too old to play the testosterone games. Too old to run and too tired to care.
I think if some folks turned off their tv's and quit reading survival magazines things would calm down a bit.
The above is all just my opinion and not intended to promote any particular brand of breakfast cereal.

Oh look......................................squirrel..........................View attachment 589580

Where?????

Seeeeeee, I ignored all the sensible stuff you said and got focused on the provided distraction... hey that sch!t works!!!

I'm 100% agreeing with what you wrote. Come to think of it, I need to stock some medical supplies beyond our personal meds and the triage kits I have that have large bandages, etc. Could probably use some gunshot clot, and some additional meds... I'm reminded of Forstchen's book series on an EMP strike where they ran out of simple antibiotics, pain killers, etc.

Thomas Malthus peddled this claptrap in 1798, it wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

The entire population of the world could fit into Texas with every individual man, woman, and child having their own 1,130 sq ft domicile.

...don't tell the 'over-preppers', who in their heart of hearts not so secretly pine for the world as we know it to come to an end.

Then, they can say see, we toad ya so...then realize they forgot some vital something and go belly up too.

...don't tell the 'over-preppers', who in their heart of hearts not so secretly pine for the world as we know it to come to an end.

Then, they can say see, we toad ya so...then realize they forgot some vital something and go belly up too.

Prepping to a degree makes sense, here's some mathematical support of it.

The Surprisingly Solid Mathematical Case of the Tin Foil Hat Gun Prepper

I do laugh at the analogies though. Like the drought in parts of California are going to turn the people into the Mayans, starving to death when they could, you know, move, is laughable.

Dwesson,

We agree prepping to a degree makes sense.

Prepping as a lifestyle is ludicrous.

Living one's life as it is makes sense.

Living one's life as it may possibly, could be, who knows I'm far too anxious to tell, the sky could soon be falling, is nuts...

I would have put a like on your post except for your repeating this, again. I don't know about the Sumerians, but it's mere theory and conjecture as to why the Mayans, etc, disappeared (yes, I've read the books, articles, seen the TV shows)... NOBODY knows!!! Proof of nothing!! Easter Island... your kidding, right? Might as well include CROATOAN... How about the desertification of the Sahara? Did the people there overuse the water and screw themselves?

100%

Even if you accepted as FACT that the single largest contributor to the Mayan or Olmec decline (Sumerians were conquered by the Assyrians and the folks on Easter Island was a really unique situation that most recently seems to indicate rats were the biggest factor along with European disease) what's the difference between the Mayans and the Irish that most recently were afflicted by a terrible blight. Oh that's right, mobility.

It's kind of ludicrous to make some assumption that an entire society would simply die out from drought or starvation vs picking up and moving to a more hospitable location when humans are literally the most mobile than they have ever been.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews