JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd be concerned that the serial numbers would be reported as stolen by the sellers in order to make a loss claim with their carrier. While I'm not sure if businesses that are run so poorly would do that, I'd not take the risk.

I have dealt with this scenario a dozen times (from the other side) when I was working for a bank and someone ran the file twice to pay customer bills. There was no way I was going to make that a customer issue, so when it happened the bank ate it and could try to collect back from the payees if they wanted to explain how dumb a mistake was made.

My advice is stop, do nothing more and wait for them to figure out what they want to do and contact you. All the laws are in your favor and the seller needs to get it straight and make contact.

A concern may be did you get the right serial# firearm? If all their stuff is screwy I would be concerned I got someone else's firearm and they got mine.

I would send a notarized registered mail to then sharing the #serial they have on record for you and asking them to respond in writing what their records are.

The way things are getting stupid now days I would want to know 100% what gun was mine
after that you could begin rectifying the cost. I think more important is establishing ownership right away and I would not remove these from the safe until resolved. My opinion, not legal advice.

IMO get ahold of the dealer and find out whats going on. Ultimately I think you should return hem unless already transferred to your name. Then something would need to be worked out with the seller. But I really think you should get a hold of them.

At this point I would only communicate by email so that you have a saved record of your efforts to resolve this issue. You should document in your first email your efforts to reach each party by phone so at least there is some written record of it.

E

Last Edited:
While I love the idea of getting a gun for nothing or next to nothing (something I have yet to experience :() I have to agree with those that urge you to continue to make contact with the seller to get this straightened out. While this was obviously some kind of error on their part (stock folks doing one thing, accounting doing another), it really is the right thing to do to pursue them on this, and keep pursuing them occasionally until you have a response from them that basically says "we're done, you're good, now leave us alone". Until I get a "we're good" message from them, or get the request to send the remaining balance, I wouldn't sleep well. And, as others have mentioned, this is a controlled inventory item - if at some point, their computer says that gun is in their inventory, and it's not, they likely would mark it as stolen, which could be really bad news for you down the road.

Document every attempt to reach them. If a phone call, record the date, time and whether or not you spoke to someone. If you don't and leave a message, note that. Emails are great because you can demonstrate a trail of good faith efforts to work things out with them.

And if it's not too late, reject the 2nd gun at the FFL, cancel the order and get a refund from #2. Whatever you do, hold on to the $$ for retailer #1 - I think it's likely you'll have to pay them, even if it's 6 months down the road.

I can add that If it was me? I would now put it in writing to them and send it. Keep copies of course and wait. They will pull their head out and make it right. One will want paid, the other will pay for the return. While back I ordered one of those ETS Glock mags. Tracking showed it was delivered. Was not delivered here. I wrote them. They wrote back, said they would "take care of it. After over a week I write again. This time get no response. So next week I do a charge back. Week later a replacement mag shows up. They had sent it but never bothered to tell me or send tracking. That same day Wife is on street above us and sees package of ours at the house. Owner comes to door and hands her another he has had all this time. Guess what it was? The first mag. So now I have 2 of them. I now e-mail ETS again. Tell them what happened. Said I would be glad to pay for one mag and if he would send a label I would send one back. This time I got a response. Said they were sorry for the mix up and to just keep both mags. I was less than impressed with the way they worked and ended up giving the mags away here. Company was great though. The way Credit Card rules work in the US make them VERY safe to use to buy stuff on line or mail order. No doubt some take advantage of this and do burn companies.

I received an order from Amazon a few years back - had several items I didn't order. Turns out they shipped me someone else's package - somehow the shipping label ended up on the wrong box. I contacted Amazon to get a return label/authorization to return the items. Surprisingly, it was incredibly difficult to do. Since I hadn't ordered those items, the system wouldn't let me create a return - there was no order to return from. On the packing label, I knew who was supposed to get the box, and shared that with Amazon. I made multiple calls and emails and they never managed to let me return the stuff. So, eventually I wrote them and gave them a deadline to resolve this or I'd throw the stuff away (none of it was anything I wanted). They never responded and I tossed it.

Next time Amazon messed up, they shipped me someone else's order again. Same thing, wrong label on the wrong box. I contacted them and this time they apologized and told me to keep it (it was some candy from England) and they shipped me the items I had originally ordered. Then, like 4 weeks later, I got the same thing, again, and I hadn't even placed an order. I contacted them and they apologized again, once again telling me to keep the British candy. Oh well, at least it was a tasty mistake ;)

If you did the 4473 and took possession of ether I would say you own it.
Buying firearms is not the same as buying a video game at best buy

I received an order from Amazon a few years back - had several items I didn't order. Turns out they shipped me someone else's package - somehow the shipping label ended up on the wrong box. I contacted Amazon to get a return label/authorization to return the items. Surprisingly, it was incredibly difficult to do. Since I hadn't ordered those items, the system wouldn't let me create a return - there was no order to return from. On the packing label, I knew who was supposed to get the box, and shared that with Amazon. I made multiple calls and emails and they never managed to let me return the stuff. So, eventually I wrote them and gave them a deadline to resolve this or I'd throw the stuff away (none of it was anything I wanted). They never responded and I tossed it.

Next time Amazon messed up, they shipped me someone else's order again. Same thing, wrong label on the wrong box. I contacted them and this time they apologized and told me to keep it (it was some candy from England) and they shipped me the items I had originally ordered. Then, like 4 weeks later, I got the same thing, again, and I hadn't even placed an order. I contacted them and they apologized again, once again telling me to keep the British candy. Oh well, at least it was a tasty mistake ;)

Must be something they do allot happened to me a few months ago, It took some doing to get it done but it went back and he was credited. Seems like online retailers are only setup to deal with Ok and failed payments anything else and it falls apart. With all the modern programming no doubt this is a glitch and hopefully not others were effected.

LOL, feel sorry for the poor guy who's orders keep going to you instead of him.

I have dealt with this scenario a dozen times (from the other side) when I was working for a bank and someone ran the file twice to pay customer bills. There was no way I was going to make that a customer issue, so when it happened the bank ate it and could try to collect back from the payees if they wanted to explain how dumb a mistake was made.

My advice is stop, do nothing more and wait for them to figure out what they want to do and contact you. All the laws are in your favor and the seller needs to get it straight and make contact.
Couldnt agree more :cool:.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top