JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its really only a good deal if you have a use for it.
That said...
I have a case full of knives that were bought 'cause the price was too good to pass up and I really didn't have a use for 'em.

If the money spent isn't going to cause a household budget concern...and the pistol appeals to you...then why not buy it...If nothing else it might make good trade bait someday.
Andy

Its really only a good deal if you have a use for it.
That said...
I have a case full of knives that were bought 'cause the price was too good to pass up and I really didn't have a use for 'em.

If the money spent isn't going to cause a household budget concern...and the pistol appeals to you...then why not buy it...If nothing else it might make good trade bait someday.
Andy
Exactly. Low priced items later on can make for great barter fodder but a use for said item makes it more tangible in the long run.

Through trial and error, my observation is that having actual hard cash at the time you reallyReallyREALLY want/need it, results in a better deal than dragging moraines of trade debris around hoping to find a way to get my nickle back out of it.

I grabbed a PM40 from buds a while back. It's a real nice shooting gun. The recoils is a little stiff for some, but I enjoy it. Not sure what the difference is between the two models are.

I predict that in a 100 years, the gun will be worth at least double what it is now, maybe more if you keep the box and paperwork... will the money you spend on it buy double what it can today? ;)

Mike

be worth at least double what it is now,

conjecture & inaccurate
In 1890 a Colt SSA 45 would cost a wrangler a full month or 2 pay....total under $100. In 1990 that same Colt could be purchased for under $2000---still about a months pay. New Colt SAA are on line for $1500 and up; how many will work a month for those wages?

Another in that line of 'worth': In 1968 I bought a brand new Beetle with all the options, sticker price from dealer was "$1989"; gasoline was 25-30 cents a gallon; hamburger was 3#/$1.00; round steak was 49 cents/#; that same Bug model now 50 years later can be found now & then for $4000 on up. Inflation confuses the issue of 'worth'.

It's harder to store, transport, or trade bulky items compared to cash.

None of this is intended as 'argument', simply alternate way of keeping track of whether I'm willing to spend hard cash on something of low priority. Good luck.

Regarding the idea of value / worth....
What value or worth something might have , may not be much in dollars , but could be priceless in :
Use..
Enjoyment...
Sentimental...

With that said...
If you try to sell or trade such an item...it is important to remember that other folks , may not feel the same way about the item as you do.
Andy

You came HERE for help to resist buying a gun you don't need?
!!!!!
This x1000

Seriously wrong place buddy!

Hell, I walked into Bimart on Black Friday with zero intentions of buying a gun.

Oh, look a $96 gun.

"Just give me the freaking 4473!"

If the price is so good you cant pass it up but you don't need it you could give it to me:s0060:. But seriously, I saw a Ruger 22/45 Target with a Bull barrel on sale a few years back for $199 didn't need it but couldn't pass it up. after about 50 rounds I decided It didn't work for me because it had the skinny permanent grips so a safe queen it became for a couple of years. I am one that HATES to sale my guns but decided Id sell this one. Sold it for $300 with no effort and the buyer was very happy to get it.

I grabbed a PM40 from buds a while back. It's a real nice shooting gun. The recoils is a little stiff for some, but I enjoy it. Not sure what the difference is between the two models are.

The CT40 is a bigger version of your PM40. The handle is longer and the slide is longer. The trigger pull is very comparable.

Screenshot_2018-12-18-20-28-40.jpg

I believe you PM40 has a target barrel, some of the parts (slide release) are a little nicer and a dovetailed front site instead of a pinned front site. I have a CM9 which I really like... it is the lower line of Kahr firearms comparable to the CT40... I think it is an excellent gun!

Last Edited:
Well my plan didn't work... I figured (hoped) that everyone on the board would beat me to it and buy one themselves... then out of stock... problem solved! Unfortunately they are still in stock.

I had a Curio and Relics license in the 90's and bought a good fair bit of surplus (Young, single, no kids)... I haven't made a penny on a single one of them! I can't bare to part with any of them. It is pretty amazing to see what some people are selling (or how much they are asking at least) the surplus firearms I paid sub $100 for back in the day! I don't think the CT40 will go up in value quite as well as the surplus military arms.

I am still resisting the purchase so far... although it is in my electronic shopping cart which is on the check out screen. :)

I have a really hard time paying for ammo... so I would have to buy dies, powder measure and conversion kit for my 650xl. That gets expensive and takes a lot of shooting to justify the expense. And, yes, I would have to get at least one extra mag.

I do have a couple firearms on my want list... and I think I have decided to save the cash for something I will get more use/enjoyment out of... like a nice 357 or 44 revolver (I am a semi auto guy and have never owned a nice revolver) or a double stack 9mm 1911 (RIA 9mm/ 22tcm). Or the $200 would pay for a "Form 1" to build a silencer... I even have the Form 1 and finger print cards straight from th ATF laying on my desk.

I appreciate all the replies! They have been a nice diversion! :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR