JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I received an e-mail flyer from Sportsman's Warehouse advertising a Kahr CT40 for $198. I don't need it, I don't have a use for it but darn it is tempting at that price. I have a subcompact Kahr CM9 which is one of my favorite carry guns. The CT40 is a mid size 7 + 1 .40 S&W with the same design, action, and trigger pull of my subcompact CM9 (Which is probably my best striker fired trigger).

I own many .45acp's, 9mm's, .380's, 32acp's and even a 25 acp plus the odd 7.62×25mm Tokarev, 7.62x38 Nagant, 44mag and 50ae. I have always stayed away from .40's because they are a pain in the rear... a .40 case slips perfectly inside a .45acp case and a 9mm slips perfectly inside a .40 case... a major progressive press jammer and I always miss one or two 40's when sorting through a large lot of brass. But lets face is a .40 S&W IS a good defense round and $198 is cheap... it would be a good truck gun to keep locked in the gun vault I keep hidden and cabled to a strong point in the truck. I don't know where else you can get that much gun NEW for two C notes? Used guns come with that transfer fee which is $50 on top of the $10 background check here in Central Oregon which means most people are asking above retail for their used guns.

Trying to resist!

Last Edited:
Shoot....... No pun intended but at that price for a decent truck gun can't get no better! But if you're really on the fence you can never have enough ammo/reloading supplies

One factor I use to ''Just buy a gun''.
Is there any meat on the bone?

I will slap down $1500 in a hot minute for a nice 1911A1 worth $2200.
But a $200 handgun?

That's gona give you about the same return as my wife's shoes. :D

My own enthusiasm to buy such otherwise unwanted/unneeded models/calibers gradually shifted to the reality such detracted from acquiring higher priority stuff.

Good luck in any case :cool:

Higher priority than a new gun?

yes, there IS a happy-days-life after cutting 'lower priority' squandering of my limited (sorry to use the word) funds....

what other items do we follow the theory of 'it was a GOOD DEAL' purchase imperative, for items neither wanted nor needed?

The alteration of my own theory on such purchases resulted in far greater satisfaction over longer periods of time. Oddly enough, this was related to my purchase of a Kahr 40 some years ago. YMMV

EDIT TO ADD: similar to limiting choices to the instant potatoes & jello line at the 'eat all you want buffet' when prime rib & smoked brisket are right next door at another place .....:eek:

Last Edited:
EDIT TO ADD: similar to limiting choices to the instant potatoes & jello line at the 'eat all you want buffet' when prime rib & smoked brisket are right next door at another place .....:eek:

Now THERE'S an analogy I can wrap my mind around!

My own enthusiasm to buy such otherwise unwanted/unneeded models/calibers gradually shifted to the reality such detracted from acquiring higher priority stuff.

Good luck in any case :cool:

yes, there IS a happy-days-life after cutting 'lower priority' squandering of my limited (sorry to use the word) funds....

what other items do we follow the theory of 'it was a GOOD DEAL' purchase imperative, for items neither wanted nor needed?

The alteration of my own theory on such purchases resulted in far greater satisfaction over longer periods of time. Oddly enough, this was related to my purchase of a Kahr 40 some years ago. YMMV

Dayumm you talk pretty. I need to read it reeeaaal slow, but it is pretty!

Buy two, jack up the price on one of them and list it here for sale as special and rare.
And don't forget to shoot a couple of hundred rounds through it and claim it's as new in box.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWtoDnBOUihNrq3fuoFYaU1CnNx3VFUm7qFIe8Br3NGIKXxyRU.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads