JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As for BGCs, some have said 'licenses' for purchase would be a good idea in lieu of BGCs, and in some ways I agree they would be better - not good, but better (lesser of two evils for those Trump supporters).

You aren't the firt person to dream this one up. The NAZIS did this long ago in the 1930s. Then, the Illinois State Rifle Association also dreamed it up in th 1960s and called it a "FOID" card, with the idea that with this marvelous invention, they would be able to stop gun prohibitionists from imposing further infringements.

As for BGCs, some have said 'licenses' for purchase would be a good idea in lieu of BGCs, and in some ways I agree they would be better - not good, but better (lesser of two evils for those Trump supporters).

You aren't the firt person to dream this one up. The NAZIS did this long ago in the 1930s. Then, the Illinois State Rifle Association also dreamed it up in th 1960s and called it a "FOID" card, with the idea that with this marvelous invention, they would be able to stop gun prohibitionists from imposing further infringements.

I didn't dream it up, just shared some thoughts on the idea.

Background checks are a joke. Say we buy a gun pass all the bull crap, and go home with a new Glock 17 9mm then we hone our shooting skills for a year, then bang, something happens and we have an issue with some one. now this easy going guy after another year of smooth sailing has a melt down and fly's off the handle because some moron on the road cut him off, and he is stopped for following to close , and is given a ticket, bam, now this great easy going guy is pissed because the court fined him big time . goes home , stews a bit a grabs his Glock and a hand full of mags, and goes out for revenge. OK we have a situation here that no back ground check could have prevented , or foreseen. so what good is it other then the govt charging 16 bucks for the check only money is gained here. I just don't see any good to come of more govt bull bubblegum . what's the answer ,??? hell I have no Idea but society is doing it's part to screw thing s up really bad. me , i'm lofting for a hole in the wall and avoid all the social crap I can. I hope it works . lol

OMG....then they'll need to fill in the loop holes.

So, that would mean......
Renewal lic. every year. Added: Physical, mental health, fingerprints, etc, etc.....
Higher fees for a renewal lic.
Arsenal and/or home checks, 24/7 without warrant.
Or, maybe you'll only be allowed to keep them at the club. Checked in and out, if you're headed out hunting or to the gunsmith.
Oh wait....ammo restrictions are need too.
Etc.....

The idea is to make gun ownership restrictive and with many hoops to jump through in order to participate. Rrrright......but, but, but, 2nd A. LOL. Don't you know, that the 2nd was re-wittten long ago? It currently says......

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

Aloha, Mark

I was disappointed to see Judge Jeanine Pirro jump on the UBC bandwagon. What bothered me was when she wouldn't admit that it wouldn't do anything to stop these kinds of mass shooters. She got downright angry about it. She's a gun owner... has she become part of the "we must do something" crowd???

I've heard the argument for licensing before.... it's not a good idea!!! I refuse to get a "license" to exercise my rights!! I refuse to trade those rights away for any reason!!!

If Trump goes with a "Universal Background Check" law like we have here in Washington State he will be remembered as the man who killed the Second Amendment, I do not see how we can have a Second Amendment with a national gun registration in place.
Remember all this started here in Washington State with I-594, making sure all handgun sales have a paper trail record stored in Olympia unless of course you have a C&R license. Now with I-1639 it's all semiautomatic rifle sales.
I would like to think Trump will be different by just doing a background check without registering our guns in the process but we already have a national background check law.

I'm sure i have said it before, but why not allow any law enforcement agency to do a background check for free or a small $20 processing fee? Both parties show up, check gets done, exchange happens. No serial numbers tracked or info written down. Just a quick check for a go/no go status. If its a no-go for being a criminal, maybe the felon gets arrested on the spot. No more secret registries or info being compiled. If a s/n is listed as stolen or crime involved, maybe a similar system that is web based and anonymous could be set up so buyers could protect themselves.

As long as who has what isnt being recorded I'm ok with making sure someone isnt a criminal or a gun isnt stolen before buying/selling.

Honestly, don't really care that much about a universal background check law, as long as it doesn't feed into a de facto gun registration database. If we're going to give though, I'd like to get something in return. CCW reciprocity seems an easy win.

I'm sure i have said it before, but why not allow any law enforcement agency to do a background check for free or a small $20 processing fee? Both parties show up, check gets done, exchange happens. No serial numbers tracked or info written down. Just a quick check for a go/no go status. If its a no-go for being a criminal, maybe the felon gets arrested on the spot. No more secret registries or info being compiled. If a s/n is listed as stolen or crime involved, maybe a similar system that is web based and anonymous could be set up so buyers could protect themselves.

As long as who has what isnt being recorded I'm ok with making sure someone isnt a criminal or a gun isnt stolen before buying/selling.

IMHO.....paying $ to exercise a RIGHT. Well then, it ain't a RIGHT anymore.*

Then, even if it starts out FREE (or at a small cost).....who's to say that later.....things won't change? Shall we raise it to $1000 per firearm?

Additionally......not all people live close to an FFL. And, consider that the FFL's time is worth something. Or is it OK, to REQUIRE their involvement without remuneration?

BTW......I don't know if you were aware of a certain gun shop in Tacoma that refuses to be involved in private sales/transfers between individuals. So....should the Govt also by law....make them?

What if, both the buyer and seller were just required to complete transfers at the nearby police station? Rrright…...anyone want to chime in?

*Not to mention....waiting periods, mental health backgound checks, family doctor's approval, fingerprints files, etc.....

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I was disappointed to see Judge Jeanine Pirro jump on the UBC bandwagon. What bothered me was when she wouldn't admit that it wouldn't do anything to stop these kinds of mass shooters. She got downright angry about it. She's a gun owner... has she become part of the "we must do something" crowd???
I think so. As I recall she used those exact words.

I'm hearing even Republicans using the phrase "a reasonable first step" with regard to UBCs. This implies there is a second and third step on the way.

We already have a federal license. 2, actually:

A US birth certificate or naturalized citizen certificate, and
A US constitution.

The presumption is supposed to be that an individual's rights are intact and the accusing party should have the burden to prove otherwise.

I'm hearing even Republicans using the phrase "a reasonable first step" with regard to UBCs. This implies there is a second and third step on the way.

This is the crux of the problem. I'm somewhat ambivalent about national UBC since we have it already in OR and WA... not that I wish the hassle of private sales under UBC on the rest of the US, but it's another chink in the wall. Are we going to lose "something" every time a big shooting happens.

The Judge also had a shouting match with Rep Gaetz. She vehemently said "Nobody is coming/going to take your guns!!!!!!!" Really? That was much after Joe Biden said he was coming to take our ARs..... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

How many gun laws have stopped criminals from using guns for nefarious action? Answer is ZERO

ANY gun law is and INFRINGEMENT and does NOTHING to stop a gun from being used for criminal purposes.

But but but.............................
We gotta do something, it's fer the little chillins and all.
Said by those who don't give a damn about the chillins or any one else but them selves!
The politicos in power do not care one bit about our rights or any language in the constitution stating it is by GOD's will that we have these rights, and No man can take them! Then they claim that the constitution is a living document subject to the needs of the day!

Were about to get a whole lot of Infringin in the near future, and POTUS is right on the edge of handing the White House to the nearest Demobot that runs against him! People are so frickin stupid, and the MSM needs the chit sued out of them ( and their masters) for spreading all this hate and false "News" and perpetuating it 24/7!
The world was a lot different before the interwebs and 42/7 MSM news cycle!

I watched that as well, with her [paraphrasing] 'As a judge, I signed off on pistol permits/whether a person should have a handgun...' So...not a 'shall issue' supporter I guess.:rolleyes:

She was talking out both sides of her mouth, and citing they don't have these problems in Australia (where she was speaking from), which is not a good path to take considering what they did to law abiding gun owners.

She got down right snippy with Congressmen Gaetz:

Boss

I watched that as well, with her [paraphrasing] 'As a judge, I signed off on pistol permits/whether a person should have a handgun...' So...not a 'shall issue' supporter I guess.:rolleyes:

She was talking out both sides of her mouth, and citing they don't have these problems in Australia (where she was speaking from), which is not a good path to take considering what they did to law abiding gun owners.

She got down right snippy with Congressmen Gaetz:

Boss

No they have a huge uptick in violence of kinds as well as knifings. They also had a few unsuccessful buybacks because compliance was low. Those guns are still out there.

I can't watch it again... i was fuming and spouting the first time. But thx for posting so that others can see what happened! She's lost to me now!!!!!

What if the presidency is more than T. Rump bargained for and he doesn't actually care to win 2020?

Checked that box and now back to the private sector....

Excuse my crazy ramblings.

The problem with a BGC law that doesn't involve recording the serial number/etc., is that the anti-gun people will say that it is un-eforceable; if I sell you a gun, what is to prevent me from selling it to you and just saying that we did the BGC on the sale? As a seller, do I need to keep some kind of record that the BGC was done? Where do I get that record? How long do I keep it? Do I rely on the gov agency to keep a record and what happens if there is a flaw in their system?

In fact, what happens right now if I sell a firearm in Oregon, do the BGC thru an FFL, the FFL takes the money and doesn't do the BGC, just pretends to. The FFL gives me a receipt, but I don't know of anything in the current law that says the seller or the buyer has to keep those records? Only that the FFL does. What if the FFL goes out of business and destroys their records?

Well, some people may have that understanding as to the records required to be kept and by whom, but they would be wrong:

In short, those records are kept for much longer and by a number of different people involved. The 5-10 day retention by the OSP is a policy not law. That policy can be changed at any time without notice. As I have pointed out before, it is very hard to ensure any computerized record is actually destroyed as most records for any transaction, or simply any data in most shared computer systems, are backed up daily - especially in large orgs. Once on multiple systems, there are multiple copies of the data with multiple backups and it becomes almost impossible to make sure all copies have been eliminated - certainly it is impractical to do so.

But to the core of the matter, people may think the law requires that the OSP and/or the state to destroy those records in a short period of time, but it does not:

(7)(a) The department may retain a record of the information obtained during a request for a criminal history record check for no more than five years.

Also, if you sell a gun at a gun show, you are the seller are required to keep records for that sale for five years.

FFLs are required to keep their records for 20 years. If they go out of business then they are required to give them to the ATF.

Background checks are a joke. Say we buy a gun pass all the bull crap, and go home with a new Glock 17 9mm then we hone our shooting skills for a year, then bang, something happens and we have an issue with some one. now this easy going guy after another year of smooth sailing has a melt down and fly's off the handle because some moron on the road cut him off, and he is stopped for following to close , and is given a ticket, bam, now this great easy going guy is pissed because the court fined him big time . goes home , stews a bit a grabs his Glock and a hand full of mags, and goes out for revenge. OK we have a situation here that no back ground check could have prevented , or foreseen. so what good is it other then the govt charging 16 bucks for the check only money is gained here. I just don't see any good to come of more govt bull bubblegum . what's the answer ,??? hell I have no Idea but society is doing it's part to screw thing s up really bad. me , i'm lofting for a hole in the wall and avoid all the social crap I can. I hope it works . lol
Gilroy, El Paso and Dayton ALL passed background checks
Somebody tell me again how a background check will stop massacres...

Gilroy, El Paso and Dayton ALL passed background checks
Somebody tell me again how a background check will stop massacres...

Because right now, BGCs aren't 'smart' enough....just supply all your former employers contact info, all social media and email passwords, meet with their shrink, hand over all your medical history...you get the idea...

Boss

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top