JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what do we do about the LGS's that hold 4473's on file for 20 years per ATF requirements? They told me its law or they suffer the wrath of the fed.

Isn't that a form of registry? I know when I fill one out I watch them write down make model and serial so........They've also got my name social and prints in addition.

What if the presidency is more than T. Rump bargained for and he doesn't actually care to win 2020?

Checked that box and now back to the private sector....

Excuse my crazy ramblings.

That particular item was bandied about in 2016. Did it turn out to be true???

Gilroy, El Paso and Dayton ALL passed background checks
Somebody tell me again how a background check will stop massacres...

But but but "We must DO something"! /sarc

Because right now, BGCs aren't 'smart' enough....just supply all your former employers contact info, all social media and email passwords, meet with their shrink, hand over all your medical history...you get the idea...

Boss
Gee, That sounds like I-1639!!

Let's face it - NONE us want true evil psychopaths bent on harming innocents to get their hands on anything to carry out murderous acts. It's horrifying. Contrary to what our opponents try to project, we absolutely do not rejoice in such incidents. We're NOT monsters, we ARE good people, and when innocent men, women, children are victimized, it saddens us. Trying to shield your child with your body as a last resort is an absolute nightmare for parents.

If someone could come up with a solution that prevented any further incidents that did NOT infringe on the rights of the law abiding and/or wasn't ripe for abuse, we'd be all for it.

But as realists, we know that world doesn't exist, and laws don't/won't cause evil to just vaporize and disappear. And most of us have to live in the real world, without the benefits of gated communities and armed security details.

As said before, people ought to be careful for what they wish for...removing law abiding citizen's right/ability to defend themselves, essentially handing the tactical advantage completely to criminals, is not going to reduce crime/make folks safer. Do you think criminals will go 'Oh...we're the only ones with guns now, so better stop my life of crime and start the 9-5, 7 days a week, for $8/hr?' Get real. :confused:

And under the Trojan Horse of 'safety'? Again, they ought to careful what you wish for. That slope gets real slippery, real fast. Mandatory curfews, electronic monitoring for all, restricting private vehicle ownership (especially 'performance' vehicles...no one needs a V8 in a car or a street bike...those 'weapons of speed' are only for those who wish to violate traffic laws!), prohibition, suspension of the 4th Amendment, and so on all could make society so-called safer.

Of course the 'more equals' would be able to circumvent such pesky 'restrictions,' cause they're better than us, and they know it.

But most of us support the concept that those who would trade liberty for safety deserve neither.

$02 worth.

One of the only times I've seen an actual attempted response on why the rich deserve armed security which of course falls flat on its face (towards the end):

Boss

So what do we do about the LGS's that hold 4473's on file for 20 years per ATF requirements? They told me its law or they suffer the wrath of the fed.

Isn't that a form of registry? I know when I fill one out I watch them write down make model and serial so........They've also got my name social and prints in addition.
Only Thumbprints, you can cut off your thumbs at the first joint.

Only Thumbprints, you can cut off your thumbs at the first joint.
Ok I cut my thumbs off which makes doing a lot of things more complicated but the paper still sits and I would be denied if I cannot fill it out. Lest a LGS clerk wish to help me fill it out but wait.....thats called coaching and is illegal. So the paper still stands but now im thumbless. Wat do?

On second thought, is there a provision in place that can help someone whose physically challenged and cannot sign a form properly but in all other regards is capable of operating a firearm and showing competency? Example would be the reason the SB tac braces were made to help a disfigured from service member (i believe iirc?) stabilize a weapon to fire from a damaged limb.

Does kind of crimp your hitchhiking, but I agree they already have a registry of sorts. The ATF can determine by SN who the FLL was that transferred the gun to a individual, probably computerized and easy to find. They have to go to the FFL physically and review the paper logs to get the name, then paw thru the 4473's, a laborious process. Now if you buy two or more guns the same day at the same FFL., it has to be reported to the Local Police, so then you are on another possible list.

Does kind of crimp your hitchhiking, but I agree they already have a registry of sorts. The ATF can determine by SN who the FLL was that transferred the gun to a individual, they have to go to the FFL physically and review the paper logs to get the name, a laborious process. Now if you buy two or more guns the same day at the same FFL., it has to be reported to the Local Police, so then you are on another possible list.

Are there any common knowledge practices or videos that explain this whole step that could be put out to the masses so people would stop shouting for more control witnessing full hand the amount of paperwork and process required to go in and purchase.

This way you can stop the memers who think buying a gun is like buying a gallon of milk. Especially detailed for a politician so they'll stop trying to 1up one another with reforms - this is a loaded question since its highly unlikely a politician has a reading comprehension or the ability to know what they are signing into law.

I only found out because I buy thru a "Mom & Pop" and bought two once and he told me that. Later I bought two more from the LGS and I mentioned that rule and they confirmed it. I don't know of a video.

Any weapon available to the police, should be available to the public. if you ban one gun then what , ban another and another , and another . society needs to stay out of raising our children it's the parents job. not one of my guns have ever killed anyone ever . it's not a gun issue, never has , never will be . it's an unstable generation issue.
yes and most any military weapon as well. IE: Machine guns IED's? not sure on how that's spelled or abbreviated.
I would say tanks and jets as well but let us not be too greedy.:D

Does kind of crimp your hitchhiking, but I agree they already have a registry of sorts? The ATF can determine by SN who the FLL was that transferred the gun to an individual, probably computerized and easy to find. They have to go to the FFL physically and review the paper logs to get the name, then paw thru the 4473's, a laborious process. Now if you buy two or more guns the same day at the same FFL., it has to be reported to the Local Police, so then you are on another possible list.
I heard or read from a liberal on another site that yes they do in fact. He said while working in a gun shop for a while he'd seen wide sweeps of the 4473's by the ATF at several intervals.
Plus I know of a supreme court case where a cop bought a gun for his uncle and years later it got stolen and used in a crime. They'd traced it back to him, he was retired at the time, but they prosecuted him for his answer on the 4473. Where it asked if he was the sole purchaser of the gun. Since he'd basically lied on the form, for he'd gave it to his uncle he's now a felon. He/ the cop appealed and lost his first appeal, but later he tried again and used a common-law defense; of where he said the Govt doesn't actually care who is the actual purchaser and some other language I don't' remember. But he'd lost that one too so is still a felon. And can own firearms unless his state allows for him being able to get his rights back. Which I feel all states should, for being a felon shouldn't be a life long prohibition. And before someone jumps in saying even when states give a person their rights back doesn't negate the federal law. Yes, it does for in my research in the Language on the ATF site or federal sites, it states IE: THe federal ban on felons owning guns does not supersede a stated right to give them back. so if a state does the federal govt won't interfere. Not word for word but that's the gist. I got into an argument over this issue and basically won because I could point that out to him. Since Repubs feel it necessary to defund the ATF's ability to allow for a process to regain your' rights federally they have that language in their rules. Repubs who espouse freedom might want to rethink their opinion on that and allow them to do that? eh?:rolleyes: and fund them as they are supposed to.
But yes they do have a registry already which is why these red flag laws are dangerous and more background checks and any other laws that may come later on.

Plus I know of a supreme court case where a cop bought a gun for his uncle and years later it got stolen and used in a crime. They'd traced it back to him, he was retired at the time, but they prosecuted him for his answer on the 4473. Where it asked if he was the sole purchaser of the gun. Since he'd basically lied on the form, for he'd gave it to his uncle he's now a felon. He/ the cop appealed and lost his first appeal, but later he tried again and used a common-law defense; of where he said the Govt doesn't actually care who is the actual purchaser and some other language I don't' remember. But he'd lost that one too so is still a felon.
He had a poor lawyer. I buy the gun for me, if I decide the next day to give or sell it that is my business . Now in the Coastal states we have to 'transfer supposedly thru a FFL, but for relatives there are loopholes.

that wont stop these, they will become more and more due to the media making them stars. kids nowadays strive on social media attention
As long as the media sensationalize them we will have clusters of shootings like these, sadly media knows this and doesn't care.

As long as the media sensationalize them we will have clusters of shootings like these, sadly media knows this and doesn't care.
Oh they care greatly
"If it bleeds, it leads" and they get all sorts of commercial money. Bloodbaths are great for libtards and the media.

I'd recommend following HR 838 the "TAPS" bill. for assessing online threats

I think if that passes I will permanently end any online presence. It would not take much to view guns owners who are disgruntled as threats. Combine that with a red flag law and you got police kicking down your doors. I dont know how many amendments that will violate, 3-4, I think but who cares right?

He had a poor lawyer. I buy the gun for me, if I decide the next day to give or sell it that is my business . Now in the Coastal states we have to 'transfer supposedly thru a FFL, but for relatives there are loopholes.
So sure? it's on a federal supreme court case, not just the state. if I could remember the case id link it here, but I know at the supreme court site if you feel like wading through them all you can look them up.

I'd recommend following HR 838 the "TAPS" bill. for assessing online threats

I think if that passes I will permanently end any online presence. It would not take much to view guns owners who are disgruntled as threats. Combine that with a red flag law and you got police kicking down your doors. I dont know how many amendments that will violate, 3-4, I think but who cares right?
wow yikes :mad:
and (D) an elementary school or secondary school;
taken two ways they will target elementary school kids or they will investigate a person back that far or both?
:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads