JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dry fire and shoot the pistol, my Sigs all had to wear the triggers in, but they are smooth as silk now. Especially my P250, .45, a remarkable trigger!

Doing squeeze the grips hand exercises, strengthen you're hands up! A cheap, field expedient, tool is a tennis ball.

I concur with @Sgt Nambu

Lots of professional shooters strengthen their hands and forearms to improve pistol shooting. I employ an old school grip tension trainer.

HTB1eUJaKVXXXXXUXFXXq6xXFXXX1.jpg

You can flip it upside down and attempt to squeeze it with just your trigger finger as well

I am compelled to tell you one of the replies:

bolus said:
Hammer spring replacement that might lower the pull to the 5lbs range:
Hammer Spring for Sig P938/P238 pistols

otherwise a gunsmith that works on them. It will probably void your warranty though.

While other comments were perhaps not what I was looking for, they were offerings to be helpful to me...good intent, as is yours.
Thank You,
Joly
Hey sometimes folks just don't read what the real problem is and the TS is stupid,just not thinking
In your case you are thinking about your real needs;)

Nobody has listened to what the guy says
He. Doesn't. Have. The. Strength. For. The. Trigger. Pull.
ANYMORE
So that makes his options how is the best way to
LIGHTEN THE TRIGGER PULL?
Not ..should I bubblegum WITH IT A BIT? Should I MAN UP?
But,how should I lighten the trigger pull?
Not really that hard if you just read his question,huh?
No one has the "strength" to shoot a DA revolver DA like a rifle.. unless they practice.
sheesh

Check out Grayguns. They are in OR. They are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. They specialize in Sig and HK trigger and action work. I have a few HK's they worked on and it is well worth the price. I don't want to take short cuts to save a few $ when dealing with my carry guns.
Grayguns Home - Grayguns

Isn't this normal for a carry gun?
You don't want a 1lb trigger.
That's why they make the NY trigger springs for glocks.

I would agree with breaking it in and good cleaning/lube.

It will help, but only do so much. I would try to lighter spring and lots of practice.

I just did my S&W SD 40. Kit was 19.95 plus shipping from Midway. Pretty simple installation, great video on the manufactuers web site. My son who was armorer in the Marine Corps did the change over in about an hour and half including a trip to the hardware store for a 1/16 punch.

It brought the trigger pull down about 2 pounds, better but I would like it lighter still.

I found a video on the installation as well if you wanted to attempt it yourself. (instructions start at 1:30) looks pretty easy, only needs one tool. Hope that helps

Thanks again for you gifts...
Today, before reading your post, I located a local gunsmith, ordered the part, and emailed the manufacturer if they had completed the video as of yet. Well, seems you have set me up very well, my friend, thank you very much.
Joly

I was going to say change your finger on trigger but like 5 others have already said it OR JUST AIM TO THR RIGHT LOL just kidding I don't know bout sigs but I changed the trigger system on my glock and the sights made a huge difference

Brand spanking new single action only super compact semi-auto 9mm?
Sounds like a tough pistol to get a consistent group out of no matter what you do to it.

Practice, practice, practice is what I'd do.
Put a 1,000 rounds of cheap Lake City reload down the pipe and report back.
Gun should soften up, your grip should toughen up.

How well are you handling the recoil after you manage to get the trigger pulled? I found that after I had a stroke in July I have managed to get my grip back enough to pull the trigger but the recoil initially was problematic enough to effect my aim due to anticipating recoil as much as trigger pull.
I switched to my Browning 1911-22 Blacklabel for carry due to low recoil easy trigger and easy slide. I'm working back to a Berreta Cheetah 86 (tip barrel is godsend) but my stainless doublestack Cheetah former carry may be permanently relegated to nitestand duty because of it's fatter grips and stiff racking.
Oddly, my Beretta Bobcat has a very, very, stiff trigger and your question has got me wondering if a lighter trigger spring would be available for it...I hafta look around, anyone got some insight they'd like to pass along?

If you get the trigger on that 938 to your liking keep us informed....I may sell the doublestack stainless Cheetah and get a 938.

I did get the spring replaced and it seems slightly better, so maybe some 'break-in' time will help too. I'll stick with it; the pistol seems to run without fail and since I did the work to replace the spring that is really good news although it was quite easy with a video on YouTube and the support and knowledge of members of this site...that made it all happen. It is quite a good size for cc for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top