JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a new Sig P938 for cc; I am consistently off my mark at the range...to the left. I don't have strong hands and I think my marksmanship is challenged by the trigger pull weight, 7.5 - 8.5 per the factory. I am looking into attaining a reduction to about 4 pounds, if possible. I talked to a local gun store and they said,'send it to Sig.' Is it possible to find a gunsmith that can do this or is it necessary to send it to Sig.
I feel that a cc 'need to shoot' scenario would probably be very close and happen very fast without much sighting, but if I needed to put a shot on target at distance, I am concerned. Thanks All, you comments are appreciated.
Joly

Two years ago, this month, I bought a S&W Shield. Small, light. Trigger not real heavy, but stiffer than I was used to. I had problems shooting left. Seems a common issue with small pistols. I worked through it. Changed how trigger finger contacts trigger. Practiced a lot. I started to shoot much better after about two months. Now, I have every confidence in my shooting with the Shield.

For me, moving my trigger contact towards the joint and not the middle of my finger pad pulled mine back to center. I usually shot to the left before the change. Good luck !

Try several different ways/styles of holding your pistol. I have a few different pistols ranging in size and learned I need to grip one differently for best results. Also, the trigger should lighten up over time. I used to hate my CZ P01 trigger. Now it's pretty smooth (after 300 or so rounds).

Work the hello out of the trigger to break it in ( wear polishing ) After the newness wears off the trigger press will smooth out a lot and make the pull seem lighter.

Dry fire and shoot the pistol, my Sigs all had to wear the triggers in, but they are smooth as silk now. Especially my P250, .45, a remarkable trigger!

Doing squeeze the grips hand exercises, strengthen you're hands up! A cheap, field expedient, tool is a tennis ball.

Hammer spring replacement that might lower the pull to the 5lbs range:
Hammer Spring for Sig P938/P238 pistols

otherwise a gunsmith that works on them. It will probably void your warranty though.

Thanks for your functional fix response; I may go that way. I am 67 and increasing my hand strength or gripping a pistol differently is probably not going to work; I have learned about using the pad of my finger for more accuracy and less pull off of center, but still a lighter trigger pull is what I want. How did you ever know about Sig's hammer spring. Perhaps Sig can install the spring and maintain the warranty. Thank You, Joly

Nobody has listened to what the guy says
He. Doesn't. Have. The. Strength. For. The. Trigger. Pull.
ANYMORE
So that makes his options how is the best way to
LIGHTEN THE TRIGGER PULL?
Not ..should I bubblegum WITH IT A BIT? Should I MAN UP?
But,how should I lighten the trigger pull?
Not really that hard if you just read his question,huh?

Nobody has listened to what the guy says
He. Doesn't. Have. The. Strength. For. The. Trigger. Pull.
ANYMORE
So that makes his options how is the best way to
LIGHTEN THE TRIGGER PULL?
Not ..should I bubblegum WITH IT A BIT? Should I MAN UP?
But,how should I lighten the trigger pull?
Not really that hard if you just read his question,huh?

I am compelled to tell you one of the replies:

bolus said:
Hammer spring replacement that might lower the pull to the 5lbs range:
Hammer Spring for Sig P938/P238 pistols

otherwise a gunsmith that works on them. It will probably void your warranty though.

While other comments were perhaps not what I was looking for, they were offerings to be helpful to me...good intent, as is yours.
Thank You,
Joly

Thanks for your functional fix response; I may go that way. I am 67 and increasing my hand strength or gripping a pistol differently is probably not going to work; I have learned about using the pad of my finger for more accuracy and less pull off of center, but still a lighter trigger pull is what I want. How did you ever know about Sig's hammer spring. Perhaps Sig can install the spring and maintain the warranty. Thank You, Joly

I found a video on the installation as well if you wanted to attempt it yourself. (instructions start at 1:30) looks pretty easy, only needs one tool. Hope that helps

Wolff Springs has a reduced power spring pak for only $9.00

Hammer Spring Pak - Reduced power - This pak contains 1 each of 12, 14 and 16 pound reduced power hammer springs, allowing adjustment of the firearm to individual requirements.

How well are you handling the recoil after you manage to get the trigger pulled? I found that after I had a stroke in July I have managed to get my grip back enough to pull the trigger but the recoil initially was problematic enough to effect my aim due to anticipating recoil as much as trigger pull.
I switched to my Browning 1911-22 Blacklabel for carry due to low recoil easy trigger and easy slide. I'm working back to a Berreta Cheetah 86 (tip barrel is godsend) but my stainless doublestack Cheetah former carry may be permanently relegated to nitestand duty because of it's fatter grips and stiff racking.
Oddly, my Beretta Bobcat has a very, very, stiff trigger and your question has got me wondering if a lighter trigger spring would be available for it...I hafta look around, anyone got some insight they'd like to pass along?

If you get the trigger on that 938 to your liking keep us informed....I may sell the doublestack stainless Cheetah and get a 938.

I like Wolff Spring Pak's because it allows you to try and find the right spring that allows for a lighter pull and still have enough force to ignite the primer.

I wouldn't use the Dawson Precision spring. Ive had some problems with them lately. Feels good for about 50-75 rounds then click, click, maybe a boom. Hmmm try another click click. They have had a slew of springs lately that are a little to light.

I vote for Wolff!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top