JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Dale Fricke Zach, it has its uses but carrying AIWB with it isn't an option IMO. I want better firearm retention and placement than possible even with loop versions like the Raven Vanguard 2 and the lack of ability to reholster alone kills it for me. But yeah, they have a niche, for tossing in back packs, bags, RV sock drawers, etc.

Ironbar, interesting take. Care to elaborate on the entire trigger guard concept being worthy of ridicule? Have a bad experience or equipment failure with them?

I'm fond of this one for when I'm keeping things light.
It's a trigger cover and iwb belt clip.

Ironbar, interesting take. Care to elaborate on the entire trigger guard concept being worthy of ridicule? Have a bad experience or equipment failure with them?
FYI, if you want someone to know you are asking them a question you should quote them or put "@" symbol in front of their name, like @Ironbar, that way they will receive a PM in their inbox to let them know. ;)

I used to carry a LCP in the pocket with one. I looped the paracord around a belt loop right above the pocket. I got good at drawing it from the pocket and letting the belt loop do it's thing and pull the holster off the trigger area.

Wife also used on in her corset holster for a bit.

I'm not sold on these for larger guns.

I used to carry a LCP in the pocket with one. I looped the paracord around a belt loop right above the pocket. I got good at drawing it from the pocket and letting the belt loop do it's thing and pull the holster off the trigger area.

Wife also used on in her corset holster for a bit.

I'm not sold on these for larger guns.
I use them on full size Glocks. But only during longer road trips. It's nice to attach to the trigger guard and I would run paracord from the holster to under the seat. Allowing me to sandwich the gun between the cushion and center console. Easy access while driving and still insuring safety in regards to the trigger. On the draw the gun in released from the holster due to tension.

The ridiculousness is 100% my personal opinion. If other people like it, more power to 'ya. I prefer a holster that's an actual holster.

I always thought this would be a great 'purse' holster. Or pocket holster maybe, put the lanyard on your beltloop or on a purse and when you yank the gun out quick id hope the holster would come off

I'd call it a "trigger cover" more than anything else, but it definitely has its uses. Aside from keeping things out of the trigger loop when tossing a gun in a bag or case, these can be helpful for reminding new shooters to index instead of putting their finger on the trigger, or as an added safety precaution if you have children in the home.

I would never use these models with the string, but I've been using a variation of this "trigger guard holster" for years and it is absolutely the best option I've found for carrying AIWB. When Ping Ping Tactical was around, he would make it for any platform you desired. As far as I'm aware, I'm the only one to have had made one for the P938. These days I am using the advanced vanguard 2 from Raven Concealment with a P365. I can't recommend it highly enough.

20220619_155342.jpg

these can be helpful for reminding new shooters to index instead of putting their finger on the trigger,
Absolutely a great point! One thing that makes me cringe in my shorts is when a non-experienced individual picks up a firearm and puts his/her finger in the trigger guard!:mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top