JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We weren't talking about selling completed firearms. We were talking about 80% receivers.

As for selling a DIY firearm, that too is not technically illegal under WA law (I don't know about Federal law though). You simply can't have intended to sell it when you built it: RCW 9.41.190: Unlawful firearms—Exceptions.

That said -- is it a good idea to sell a firearm you made without such intent? No. How exactly are you going to prove what was in your head and even if you sucede, it is going to cost you a bundle in lawyer fees. This is the same foundation for companies like Midway not selling 80% receivers -- they don't want to spend the 5 to 6 figures it takes to go to court on the issue (and maybe lose), and so it's more economical to just blacklist WA state.

As for the Federal law on the topic, I don't have any good references. Even if it was similar to WA's law, it would still be a terrible idea to sell a DIY firearm.

You specifically said that it isn't illegal to sell them....then posted the wrong RCW, and are now only posting the correct RCW that I already posted above to correct your incorrect post....:rolleyes:

Here is you below saying that it isn't illegal to sell them, I just posted above the correct RCW that said it is...to sell them....and that you can still buy non serialized lowers as long as they have enough metal and you don't try to sell it...so you are here now trying to say you weren't talking about selling them...regardless of whether you were talking about completed firearms or 80% lowers, it IS illegal to sell them so regardless of what you were talking about you were WRONG, man up and admit it...:rolleyes:

The Polymer 80 lowers were illegal to sell under federal law without a serial number to begin with. They are still legal to buy and own here IF they have 3.7 oz of metal, but you can't sell them....

Let's review, in post 6 you said it's not illegal to sell them and posted the wrong RCW.

In post 9 I corrected you and posted the right RCW.

Then here you are in post 14 reposting the RCW I posted in post 9 correcting you, and you're now backtracking trying to claim that you weren't talking about selling completed firearms, that you were talking about 80% lowers. Regardless of which you were talking about, as I pointed out in the CORRECT RCW no thanks to you in my post 9, the non serialized polymer 80's are illegal to own, sell or possess in WA now...as are undetectable firearms. The Polymer 80 lowers just don't have enough metal in them to meet the requirement not to be considered undetectable. They would be legal with enough metal...

It isn't that it is illegal to sell them, it is that if a person sells them without doing a BGC on the buyer, and the buyer turns out to be a prohibited person, the seller has committed a crime (it is no leap to think that selling an 80% is an aid to the manufacture of a firearm): RCW 9.41.325: Undetectable or untraceable firearms—Penalties.

Last Edited:
Ummmm....you're apparently incapable of admitting you were wrong and I was right. You are the one who assumed he posted the correct information. I just proved to you that he was wrong and I was right and here you are attacking ME instead of saying, hey, I was wrong. LIKE I SAID FROM THE BEGINNING, IT IS ILLEGAL NOW IN WA...POLYMER 80'S ARE ONLY ILLEGAL DUE TO THEIR LACK OF METAL CONTENT OF 3.7 OZ. BUT BARRING THAT IF IT HAS ENOUGH METAL YOU CAN STILL BUY, OWN AND BUILD THEM HERE AS LONG AS YOU DON'T SELL THEM TO ANYONE...THE DIFFERENCE FOR THE HARD OF THINKING BETWEEN GLOCKS AND POLYMER 80'S IS THAT THE GLOCK HAS A SERIAL NUMBER AND HAS TO BE BOUGHT THROUGH AN FFL ALREADY HERE...AND IT HAS ENOUGH METAL, THE RAILS AND EJECTOR, LOCKING BLOCK, SERIAL NUMBER IN THE METAL INSERT OF THE FRAME, ETC. ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH METAL....JESUS, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT....

You seem quite uneducated on both state and federal law. I would normally take the time to help someone who in good faith had questions or misconceptions, but frankly, you only seem to show up to start bubblegum and brag about how rich and smart you are, so good luck.:s0155:

Ummmm....you're apparently incapable of admitting you were wrong and I was right. You are the one who assumed he posted the correct information. I just proved to you that he was wrong and I was right and here you are attacking ME instead of saying, hey, I was wrong. LIKE I SAID FROM THE BEGINNING, IT IS ILLEGAL NOW IN WA...POLYMER 80'S ARE ONLY ILLEGAL DUE TO THEIR LACK OF METAL CONTENT OF 3.7 OZ. BUT BARRING THAT IF IT HAS ENOUGH METAL YOU CAN STILL BUY, OWN AND BUILD THEM HERE AS LONG AS YOU DON'T SELL THEM TO ANYONE...THE DIFFERENCE FOR THE HARD OF THINKING BETWEEN GLOCKS AND POLYMER 80'S IS THAT THE GLOCK HAS A SERIAL NUMBER AND HAS TO BE BOUGHT THROUGH AN FFL ALREADY HERE...AND IT HAS ENOUGH METAL, THE RAILS AND EJECTOR, LOCKING BLOCK, SERIAL NUMBER IN THE METAL INSERT OF THE FRAME, ETC. ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH METAL....JESUS, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT....
Stop yelling!

Quite simply I will leave these definitions as defined by the above laws in question so as others may come to their own conclusions. First the definition of a firearm as per the state of Washington.

(11) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder. "Firearm" does not include a flare gun or other pyrotechnic visual distress signaling device, or a powder-actuated tool or other device designed solely to be used for construction purposes

Next I will post the verbatim definition of an undetectable firearm

(33) "Undetectable firearm" means any firearm that is not as detectable as 3.7 ounces of 17-4 PH stainless steel by walk-through metal detectors or magnetometers commonly used at airports or any firearm where the barrel, the slide or cylinder, or the frame or receiver of the firearm would not generate an image that accurately depicts the shape of the part when examined by the types of X-ray machines commonly used at airports.

You will notice that the in state of Washington the term Firearm also constitutes the slide and cylinder.

You will also note that it only has to be as detectable as 3.5oz of stainless doesn't actually have to have that physical amount (however we are way over the limit when the slide is also included :rolleyes:)

And lastly simply because I detest being called a liar by any definition of the word, here is also the law regarding undetectable firearms. (Which if @Bushman was correct also counts Glocks)

(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to:
(a) Manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, bump-fire stock, undetectable firearm, short-barreled shotgun, or short- barreled rifle

This is considered contraband and would otherwise be confiscated regardless of its origin or FFL transfer...once again a blatant copy of Federal law.

So this big long post is essentially stating the same thing that @awshoot said. It is the law regarding liability of potentially selling to a "prohibited persons" that has made certain businesses withdraw shipping to WA

At the end of the day you can go on believing what you will, but please don't mislead others on already complex laws or otherwise call me out personally...believe it or not some of us take our integrity very seriously and would prefer it doesn't get called into question without good reason.

Have a good evening

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top