JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally think y'all are just fools to even go to California and carry.Just plain stupid

Yes,I would protect my family,yes I believe in the right to bare arms

But yes I believe in following the law and NOT GOING TO PRISON AND LOSING MY GUN RIGHTS.

Why the he ll would you take your family into harms way? Make the people that live in California come to you.

You CAN NOT protect your family from prison.So you go to a place that you can not legaly carry,and you think is dangerous enough to commit a felony?

Did y'all pass second grade? This is about the stupidest thing I have read on any site.

(bubblegum will show up many times here)

KEEP THE bubblegum OUT OF CALIFORNIA.for gawd's sake.Don't go where you feel you need to carry if it is illegal. Again YOU CAN NOT PROTECT YOUR FAMILY FROM PRISON
Nor can you feed them or pay their rent

Just plain stupid

Say all you want about how you won't be afraid to go where ever the heck you want,and remember the story for your cell mate.

Maybe you should read what you wrote again? Your statements just don't make sense or add up. Again, if I pull a gun to save my life, I could care less about Cali's laws at that point...

Well chap my hide! I did say felony and was felonious in my reponse.

Still think you are a fool to CC in So Cal and risk your freedom.

Just say NO to CC and California...mostly to California,not CC

Just to clear up the felony issue, direct from the California Firearms Laws 2007 (yeah I know it is 2011 but it has not changed since then)
Here is the link for it: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2007.pdf
But here are a few tidbits from it.
California Firearms Laws 2007
Carrying Unregistered Loaded Handguns
Any person who commits the crime of carrying a concealed handgun and ammunition for that
handgun on his/her person or in his/her vehicle may be subject to a felony enhancement if the
handgun is not on file (registered) in the Department of Justice's Automated Firearms System.
(Penal Code § 12025.)
Any person who commits the crime of carrying a loaded (not necessarily concealed)
handgun on his/her person in a prohibited place may be guilty of a felony if the handgun is not on
file (registered) in the Department of Justice's Automated Firearms System. (Penal Code § 12031.)
Forfeiture for Violation of the Penal Code
Penal Code section 12028 requires forfeiture of (a) any weapon illegally carried upon the person or
within any vehicle and (b) any firearm illegally owned, possessed, or used in the commission or
attempted commission of any felony or specified misdemeanor. Penal Code section 12029 requires
forfeiture of any short-barreled shotgun, short-barreled rifle, cane gun, wallet gun, plastic firearm,
firearm not immediately recognizable as a firearm, zip gun or unconventional pistol as specified in
Penal Code section 12020. Penal Code section 12251 requires forfeiture of any machinegun
possessed in violation of the permit and/or license provisions of Penal Code sections 12230 through

Another link of interest: California Concealed Weapons Lawyers - Orange County Possession of Firearms Defense Attorneys - San Diego Criminal Lawyers | Wallin & Klarich

Brandishing a Weapon (PC – 417) – which is defined as drawing a firearm or other weapon, and waving it in a threatening or rude manner. This is punishable with a minimum of 30 days in jail, but that punishment goes up if the firearm is brandished in public; if the firearm is concealable or if the brandishing took place in front of a police officer.
Carrying a concealed weapon (PC – 12025), which can be a misdemeanor or felony, depending on the circumstances. California allows local law enforcement agencies to issue concealed weapons permits to people who qualify and have completed safety training. If you don't have such a permit, carrying a loaded, concealed weapon in public is a serious felony.
Possession of firearms (PC – 12280-12282), which can include firearms that are illegal in California, or firearms that are legal but that you do not have permission to own. Many laws fall under this description, and carry felony or, more rarely, misdemeanor penalties.
And here is another one: Carrying a concealed weapon charges, carrying a concealed firearm in Los Angeles, Glendale, Van Nuys, Burbank, Pasadena or anywhere in Southern California. | SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS
Carrying a Concealed Weapon can be charged as a MISDEMEANOR or a FELONY. Generally, a misdemeanor conviction can carry a jail sentence of up to 1 year in county jail. Carrying a concealed weapon allegation is generally charged as a felony if the person accused has a prior felony charge on his/her record, if he/she knew or had reason to know that the weapon was stolen, or he/she is an active participant in a criminal street gang as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 186.22, under the Street Terrorism Enforcement and Prevention Act (Chapter 11(commencing with Section 186.20) of Title 7 of Part 1). A felony charge carries a potential sentence of up the 3 years in State Prison.

Actually,some people are seen as victims more than others,studies have shown.

And if you add into it the fact that you,(anyone) feels entitled to go where ever the heck they want,regardless of the crime rate, they do deserve what they get.

I live in Sequim.Little town of retired people.
I don't go to Seattle because I don't want to bother with the BS.I can buy anything I need from here.
I can see or be entertained however I want to be from here

Absolutely no need to put MYSELF,not any family,in more of harms way.

I know where I want to stop on the 5 going south.
I know when it is appropriate to have my gun with me and when not to carry.
I know where not to go.I don't need anything bad enough or need to see anything bad enough,or eat at any restaurant bad enough to put MYSELF in more of harms way .Let alone any family members.

I WILL NOT put myself in a position that would put me in prison,cause I,MYSELF, was stupid enough to go there knowing it was illegal to carry a gun.

So was that 2c or a little more?

So pal, the following places are us just going where ever we want and "putting ourselves in danger"??

Sacramento River beach out in the middle of no where, far from civilization

My sister's apartment complex on a major street in Sacramento county?

Your average Sacramento parking lot?

A back rural agricultural highway?

An average gas station?

Who is the delusional person here? Your roulette wheel experience may come up next week, anywhere, and your attitude will change fast if you have a brain

Enjoy Sequim, where you are temporarily hiding from the reality of every day life in the USA

Even though it looks like all the points have already been covered, including the "grow some balls" argument, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

If you are going to CC and knowingly break the law, why not consult a lawyer first. I'm sure it's easy to find a lawyer that specializes in 2 Amendment rights that has a practice in Cali. An hour long conversation would cost you no more than a couple hundred dollars and in that time I'm sure you could cover most of the laws concerning CC without a permit in Cali.

I for one would want to know what the consequences would be for me to shoot someone in self defense if I was CC without a permit, before I went down there with a gun.

I agree with knowing the potential legal ramifications beforehand. Finding out when you're answering to defendant is the wrong time.

Like I said in the first post, I know what I am going to do. Just asking others what they might due in the same circumstances.
I didn't say anything about going to Southern California. We're between San Fransisco and Sacremento.
Also, it wasn't possible to have my relatives come to me, especially when it concerned burying my uncle next to my aunt.
By the way, my uncle was a WWII veteran and a Purple Heart recepient. He earned that at the Battle of the Bulge. No WAY I wasn't taking this trip!:s0160:

I will amend my statement to this: Down I-5 to the I-505 and then to the I-80, (Vacaville, Fairfield, Suisun City) if I took a weapon I would follow the laws of CA. Head into the Oakland area, my view point might change. Or into the Sacramento area. Location means everything when trying to make this decision. Other than that, would not take the chance on getting pulled over by a LEO. However, if I was to break down, I would make sure I had something readily accessible.

Keep in mind that not everyone that travels to another state know that state or the local scene. A few years ago I drove down to LA with my cousin. Neither one of us knows LA. We got lost and just drove around until we found a McDonald's where we figured would be a good place to ask for directions. My cousin went in, and after a couple of minutes came back to the car and told me that they had no idea how to get us to wherever we were trying to go. What he said next made my eyes pop - there was bullet-proof glass between the cashier/server and customer area. My thought was Oh S**t, let get out of here and fast.
It does show how you can find yourself in danger.

Like I said in the first post, I know what I am going to do. Just asking others what they might due in the same circumstances.
I didn't say anything about going to Southern California. We're between San Fransisco and Sacremento.
Also, it wasn't possible to have my relatives come to me, especially when it concerned burying my uncle next to my aunt.
By the way, my uncle was a WWII veteran and a Purple Heart recepient. He earned that at the Battle of the Bulge. No WAY I wasn't taking this trip!:s0160:
Orygun, I too was a member of the 101st. I share my lineage with your Uncle. I am sorry for your loss.

You know that eventually this should also make its way to the Supreme Court and maybe they will re-affirm that all of the constitution applies to all the states, and not just the parts that they like at the moment.
Not, that I would hold my breath for the black robbed jackals to make a decision that is strictly constitutional and not influenced by their own politics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top