JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
agreed, but you make it sound like innocent people do not get caught up in bad things. Remember that the next time someone runs into head on while driving to get your kids from school, remember that next time you are in Anaheim visiting Disneyland and some Psycho tries to rob you are your hotel with a gun and decides you are a witness.

If thats to me, I'm not sure what you mean. All I was saying is that despite its many good qualities, California is so screwed up legislatively that I avoid it like the plague. Seriously - I will ride around the whole state to get somewhere.

agreed, but you make it sound like innocent people do not get caught up in bad things. Remember that the next time someone runs into head on while driving to get your kids from school, remember that next time you are in Anaheim visiting Disneyland and some Psycho tries to rob you are your hotel with a gun and decides you are a witness.

I am not saying don't be prepared, I am saying part of being prepared is to avoid areas where the risk is greater, don't build in flood planes, don't put a nuclear plan on a fault line near the ocean, etc.....you do control a lot of what happens. Yes wear your seat belts, carry when you can, keep it close when you can not.

I'm not going to elaborate much on details unless specific questions are directed, but here are just a few of the times we had to draw down there in self defense, over the last 10 years we were there. I omit several other, less scary events

age 21.. sunbathing on remote river beach.. rape pack of 6 Central Americans tried swimming the river to get at my wife, yelling about what they would do once they got over. The Walther PP 32 I raised in the air comically ended the situation before they reached mid stream. I had my wife retreating to the car but we never would have escaped before they got over

Age 24 my wife had to pull same pistol in a parking lot to ward off a car prowler who was stealing a co-worker's stereo and got quite uppity at her, till he saw the gun. It was dark and no retreat was possible, and her co-worker was worse than useless

Age 25, a pair of illegal alien serial shooters/killers had been blasting cars with a sawed off 12 GA on a back HWY for months. We had the unpleasant distinction of getting to know them over a 10 mile stretch of "chicken" at the end of which I pulled a nickel M19 up high and they scrammed. They were caught 2 weeks later by the CHP and their pics were in the Sacramento Bee, that's how we found out who the scumbags were. It was obvious they were trying to run us off the road to get at my wife, but both of us were armed

Age 26 helping my sister move, a pack of 4 drunken, doped up meth head types threatened to pull my wife and sister out of her car and gang rape them in the parking lot. I got the girls out of there and had to confront the crazies point blank in the process.. long story but a .22 auto saved the day without being fired, only because one of them was not as crazy and pulled his insane buddy off of me. I had forgotten my M65 magnum in my sister's car in my backpack. The .22 was a BUG. I was able to finally get out of there in the moving van

Age 28. Gas station.. really crazy guy was threatening a woman (stranger to him) at the pump, and as she left his attention turned to me. I got in the car, started it as I drew my 9MM BHP, put the car in drive just as he rushed the driver's door. The look was priceless as he stared down at the 9MM pointed at him, we were able to drive away

Yeah, Cali is real safe :s0131:

Never said it was safe. But it is not as dangerous as many people seem to imply.
It also depends upon where you are. California is a big state, there are safe places and not so safe places. I just tend to stay away from the not so safe places.
And no offense, but the only reason you feel safer here is because you can legally carry and justifiably so. Do I feel safer here, not really. But I never really felt the danger there either.
And all of those instances, could have happened anywhere. But they are your experiences, not mine, so naturally my opinion is a little different than yours. Had they happened to me, I would most likely share your opinion.

now that is funny, because if you are talking about the boarder with California, that is what happens when you cross into Ca.

I just left CA after living there since 1992, and never had a reason to need a gun, never experience any violence or threats of any kind. It all depends on where you are and who you hang out with, remember the first rule of a gun fight, if you think you are going to one, don't go......

Sorry pal but this is delusional... you simply did not receive your turn (yet) on the Big Roulette Wheel, we did

Never said it was safe. But it is not as dangerous as many people seem to imply.
It also depends upon where you are. California is a big state, there are safe places and not so safe places. I just tend to stay away from the not so safe places.
And no offense, but the only reason you feel safer here is because you can legally carry and justifiably so. Do I feel safer here, not really. But I never really felt the danger there either.
And all of those instances, could have happened anywhere. But they are your experiences, not mine, so naturally my opinion is a little different than yours. Had they happened to me, I would most likely share your opinion.

Well since your experience in facing off genuine bad guys is admittedly quite limited I will take that commentary with some salt

Do you consider Sacramento County area safe? This all happened right there

I have seen the way bad guys generally act up here vs down there and it's a huge disparity. Up here they may get a nice metal enema and they know it. Down there if they see a clean and nice dressed guy or gal they see you as easy prey

I didn't mention the Hillside Stranglers who we believe were the ones who tried getting at my pretty little wife in her broken down car at age 19 on the I-5 Sacramento River bridge .. (1979) a CHP approached in the distance, they saw him coming and scrammed. He gave her a ride home. She was too young to have a gun but she did wave a big knife at them, that may have saved her life by slowing them down a bit. Cali is a madhouse

seems like trouble finds some people and not others, I am one who so far has managed to steer clear of dangerous situations, and I intend to keep my record that way if I can.

As for Sacramento County, no idea, never lived there, I can only speak to my experience, and I have managed to avoid dangerous situations, but I also do a lot to avoid them.

Because you don't know, and thinking you can predict when and where is delusion

read it carefully, If I told you at the local park was a guy looking for you and looking to kill you, then don't go to the park, you pretty much would have to be a fool to go to the park and actively engage in a gun fight.

seems like trouble finds some people and not others, I am one who so far has managed to steer clear of dangerous situations, and I intend to keep my record that way if I can.

As for Sacramento County, no idea, never lived there, I can only speak to my experience, and I have managed to avoid dangerous situations, but I also do a lot to avoid them.

Your implication that we deserved what happened to us because of some "choice" we made is not only delusional but extremely elitist. Your comment that you do not feel the need to carry a gun for defense said it all, however. There's not much more to say here

read it carefully, If I told you at the local park was a guy looking for you and looking to kill you, then don't go to the park, you pretty much would have to be a fool to go to the park and actively engage in a gun fight.

One would be a fool to assume that is what we ever did.. over and out

Your implication that we deserved what happened to us because of some "choice" we made is not only delusional but extremely elitist. Your comment that you do not feel the need to carry a gun for defense said it all, however. There's not much more to say here

never said any of that, all I said was they there are lots of risks in life that can be avoided, never said don't be prepared, but just because you are prepared does not mean you should take more risks. BTW in CA you can not carry a gun and to do so is taking risk of being caught and arrested, so you have to choose, which is more likely, given my lifestyle, carrying did not make sense, now that I can legally carry, I do every day, but just because I am carrying, I am not changing my lifestyle to put myself at greater risk, I avoid potentially dangerous places when ever how ever I can,

that is not delusional or elitist, it is prudent.

Well since your experience in facing off genuine bad guys is admittedly quite limited I will take that commentray with some salt

Do you consider Sacramento County area safe? This all happened right there

I have seen the way bad guys generally act up here vs down there and it's a huge disparity. Up here they may get a nice metal enema and they know it. Down there if they see a clean and nice dressed guy or gal they see you as easy prey

I didn't mention the Hillside Stranglers who we believe were the ones who tried getting at my pretty little wife in her broken down car at age 19 on the I-5 Sacramento River bridge .. (1979) a CHP approached in the distance, they saw him coming and scrammed. He gave her a ride home. She was too young to have a gun but she did wave a big knife at them, that may have saved her life by slowing them down a bit. Cali is a madhouse

I grew up in the Fresno area. There were parts of Fresno that I would never step foot in. The same with Sacramento. The same with San Jose, Oakland, San Fran, and the list goes on.
In general, no, I don't consider Sacramento safe. Just because it is the state capital does not mean it is safe. Nor do I consider some areas in LA to be safe. But just because I believe some parts of the state are not safe to be, does not mean the the whole state is that way. There are, according to some people here(on this forum), some rather unsafe places in Portland. Does that make the whole state unsafe? No, not at all. Now, admittedly, there seems to be more officer involved shootings up here, but that just makes me a little more leary of the police.

And I agree with you about the bad guys seeing their victims as easy prey down there, but that is why one takes steps not appear that way and is aware of the surroundings.

I am glad that your wife did not become a victim of the Hillside Stangler. I remember that case, although I was about 11 at the time. It held the state in a stage of fear. I had an uncle that was a Madera County Sherrif deputy, pretty much everyone in law enforcement was on this case.

I personally think y'all are just fools to even go to California and carry.Just plain stupid

Yes,I would protect my family,yes I believe in the right to bare arms

But yes I believe in following the law and NOT GOING TO PRISON AND LOSING MY GUN RIGHTS.

Why the he ll would you take your family into harms way? Make the people that live in California come to you.

You CAN NOT protect your family from prison.So you go to a place that you can not legaly carry,and you think is dangerous enough to commit a felony?

Did y'all pass second grade? This is about the stupidest thing I have read on any site.

(bubblegum will show up many times here)

KEEP THE bubblegum OUT OF CALIFORNIA.for gawd's sake.Don't go where you feel you need to carry if it is illegal. Again YOU CAN NOT PROTECT YOUR FAMILY FROM PRISON
Nor can you feed them or pay their rent

Just plain stupid

Say all you want about how you won't be afraid to go where ever the heck you want,and remember the story for your cell mate.

I personally think y'all are just fools to even go to California and carry.Just plain stupid

Yes,I would protect my family,yes I believe in the right to bare arms

But yes I believe in following the law and NOT GOING TO PRISON AND LOSING MY GUN RIGHTS.

Why the he ll would you take your family into harms way? Make the people that live in California come to you.

You CAN NOT protect your family from prison.So you go to a place that you can not legaly carry,and you think is dangerous enough to commit a felony?

Did y'all pass second grade? This is about the stupidest thing I have read on any site.

(bubblegum will show up many times here)

KEEP THE bubblegum OUT OF CALIFORNIA.for gawd's sake.Don't go where you feel you need to carry if it is illegal. Again YOU CAN NOT PROTECT YOUR FAMILY FROM PRISON
Nor can you feed them or pay their rent

Just plain stupid

Say all you want about how you won't be afraid to go where ever the heck you want,and remember the story for your cell mate.

Grow some balls and learn the law... it is not a Felony unless you are a fellon already. I take my family there to every few years to vacation, last time I check Disneyland is not in every state. I don't take my family to places to put them in harm, harm is everywhere.

Sorry pal but this is delusional... you simply did not receive your turn (yet) on the Big Roulette Wheel, we did

Actually,some people are seen as victims more than others,studies have shown.

And if you add into it the fact that you,(anyone) feels entitled to go where ever the heck they want,regardless of the crime rate, they do deserve what they get.

I live in Sequim.Little town of retired people.
I don't go to Seattle because I don't want to bother with the BS.I can buy anything I need from here.
I can see or be entertained however I want to be from here

Absolutely no need to put MYSELF,not any family,in more of harms way.

I know where I want to stop on the 5 going south.
I know when it is appropriate to have my gun with me and when not to carry.
I know where not to go.I don't need anything bad enough or need to see anything bad enough,or eat at any restaurant bad enough to put MYSELF in more of harms way .Let alone any family members.

I WILL NOT put myself in a position that would put me in prison,cause I,MYSELF, was stupid enough to go there knowing it was illegal to carry a gun.

So was that 2c or a little more?

Grow some balls and learn the law... it is not a Felony unless you are a fellon already. I take my family there to every few years to vacation, last time I check Disneyland is not in every state. I don't take my family to places to put them in harm, harm is everywhere.

HUH? Grow some balls? I travel in SoCal and don't EVER feel the need to carry. I need to grow some balls?

So it is more important to take the family some place that you feel the need to carry,ILLEGALLY, than to GROW SOME BALLS and tell them you don't feel that it is safe enough for them?

Yes danger is everywhere,why take them to a more dangerous spot?

BTW where did I say anything about a felony?

I did say "prison" but not felony.

Pull a gun for protection in California and see where they take you.
Then you can worry about who is guarding your family

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top