JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get an AR15 and all that sticks in my mind is one name. I'm not a liberal so I'll be spending my own money, but I wanna get one asap. If you were going to go buy a AR tomorrow, what would you consider the top 3 brands to look at.

Thanks

Bravo company, noveske, Daniel defense, colt, and palmetto state armory. Pretty much any that follows mil-specs. But, bravo company is at the top of my list. Oh, and get a mid-length gas system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Get the cheapest mil spec rifle with the best barrel. Flat tops are nice. Nothing else matters. It's nice but it doesn't matter. Decide your barrels rate of twist and length before you start looking. A 24" barrel has good enough ballistics to shoot 1000yds. A 14.5" barrel with permanently attached flash hider does not, but it does feel a lot better in a house or in a car. A 16" you can thread a silencer onto or easily change your flash hider to a different style.

I think Noveske barrels are the best you can buy.

This really depends on what you want to do with the gun and what features you want. If I was looking for a basic carbine I would probably just grab one of Colt's M4 type rifles - solid/proven gun, not super expensive and great resale value.

Colt LE6920 - Why? Because it is the best rifle for the money or was a couple months ago at $995. Bravo Co., Daniel Defense, Noveske are all great rifles, but to say they are better I have yet to see it. When the run on guns was at it's peak. Everyone remembers Colt LE6920, and at the peak you could easily double your $ if you wanted to sell. Show me a DD, Noveske, or Bravo Company rifle that you could double your $, besides a signature series rifle like Haley or Costa.

During the peak Colt 6920's were selling 2k-2.5k while the more expensive guns may jump 40%. Are the more expensive rifles going to last longer? Better materials? No. Fit and Finish may be slightly better and marketing, that's it. Most are safe queens anyway.

I rarely see guns posted here that are complete factory rifles, either they are parts guns, or mix match of no name lower / upper. Not sure why that is on this board. :confused:

Would I rather have a Bravo, DD or Noveske? Only to sell them and buy more Colts.

If you were going to go buy a AR tomorrow

It would be a Noveske. Hands down the finest machines made at this point in time. I touched and used a lot of rifles in the service: Colt, FN, LMT, DD, Rock River, and Remington. Some of the most inaccurate turds I ever laid hands on were Colts. Sloppy fit, thrown together cheap feeling rifles. They are in fact becoming fairly scarce these days and you are seeing the other brands more often than not, with FN really taking the lead.

John Noveske was an Oregonian, and a helluva patriot. And his rifles are built with the most amazing fit and finish. If I had the money, that's where it would go. For now, I'm building myself a new one...much better for my budget.

Colt platforms ARE NOT mil spec, different pin sizes and patterns. fire control group retaining pins are slightly larger than mil spec pins (on civilian Colts, not Colt M16s). The trigger and hammer pins are slightly larger than mil spec (select fire weapons)(mil spec sized pins are used by almost every other AR-15 manufacturer, Colt is the exception).

Colt used a larger pivot pin with the screw pin affair that was .305" or .325"??? along with standard fire control pins of .154". For a very short time Colt AR's had the smaller .25" pivot screw pin and standard fire control pins of .154". Later and current Colt pins are .25" pivot pins (screw type or push-pin) with fire control pins of .170"

These are the specs that Colt uses that may differ from parts that some may think are interchangeable, just so you know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top