JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I were in Philly and they let me use the Glock 35, that'd be my pick. That 5.3" barrel can really get a bullet moving.

They sure do have a lot of choices, though. May be better to slim down the inventory?

I would have to wonder if it was someone who was normally riding a desk? I know a lot of LEO's who work in an office all day will carry stuff like that since they are never out on calls or patrols. If it was one that was on patrol or taking calls that seems like a really strange choice.
Yeah, it almost looked comical, especially in a holster. I stopped myself just short of walking up to him and saying "oh you gun is so cute!"

If I were in Philly and they let me use the Glock 35, that'd be my pick. That 5.3" barrel can really get a bullet moving.

They sure do have a lot of choices, though. May be better to slim down the inventory?
And require all candidates for LE to be the exact same size, shape, height, and strength, with that size etc being based upon which single gun has been picked. If a Glock with a 5.3" barrel, no short candidates, as they wouldn't be able to sit down with a long barrelled pistol on their belt. So elimate most females, Japanese, Mexicans, and lots of other ethnic groups that average on the short side from the candidate pool for LE. Actually, if we eliminated one sex it would be easier to produce uniforms. Presumably we should eliminate female candidates as their chests are more variable than those of males, thus their shirt sizes more difficult to standardize. Allowing only male candidates of only a single height would greatly minimize the range of sizes of uniforms required. There is the remaining problem that as male LE personnel age the abdomens of many become rotund, which also affects needed gun and uniform fit and sizes. To eliminate this increase in abdominal girth, LEs need to be prevented from eating donuts. Forbidding LE entry to donut shops would not be sufficient as others may buy the donuts and deliver them to the LEs. And LE access to donuts needs to be prevented round the clock, not just on duty. It is clear that all LEs should be jailed 24/7 with visits by family and friends and other potential donut runners strictly monitored.

Last Edited:
And require all candidates for LE to be the exact same size, shape, height, and strength, with that size etc being based upon which single gun has been picked. If a Glock with a 5.3" barrel, no short candidates, as they wouldn't be able to sit down with a long barrelled pistol on their belt. So elimate most females, Japanese, Mexicans, and lots of other ethnic groups that average on the short side from the candidate pool for LE. Actually, if we eliminated one sex it would be easier to produce uniforms. Presumably we should eliminate female candidates as their chests are more variable than those of males, thus their shirt sizes more difficult to standardize. Allowing only male candidates of only a single height would greatly minimize the range of sizes of uniforms required. There is the remaining problem that as male LE personnel age the abdomens of many become rotund, which also affects needed gun and uniform fit and sizes. To eliminate this increase in abdominal girth, LEs need to be prevented from eating donuts. Forbidding LE entry to donut shops would not be sufficient as others may buy the donuts and deliver them to the LEs. And LE access to donuts needs to be prevented round the clock, not just on duty. It is clear that all LEs should be jailed 24/7 with visits by family and friends and other potential donut runners strictly monitored.
When women first started joining the force this exact thing was happening. One large city I lived in they were still issuing a wheel gun. The women wanted to change the grips as they were too large for most of them. They were refused at first. Some guy who was in charge made the rules and said no because he said no. :(

When women first started joining the force this exact thing was happening. One large city I lived in they were still issuing a wheel gun. The women wanted to change the grips as they were too large for most of them. They were refused at first. Some guy who was in charge made the rules and said no because he said no. :(
Yes. Every item of that stream of illogic was actually based on real stuff. For example, in some places, maybe most, there used to be a height requirement for cops. Generally people wanted cops and Sheriff's and other LE personnel to be taller and bigger than average. This gave them the automatic authority that comes with size. And it meant they could often handle through size intimidation and a little manhandling what a smaller LE might be able to handle only by drawing a gun. Problem is, you end up with Hispanic, Japanese, and many other ethnic groups without a single person from their community that was tall enough to meet the height requirement for LE.

Tall medical students are much more likely to get back aches than those of average height. Lab benches in medical schools and elsewhere in the US are designed for men who are 5' 9" tall, the height of the average male in the NE. In Minnesota there are lots of Scandanavians. The lab benches are the same size.

When I joined the faculty at U of MN I decided to learn to play handball. It was a strenuous indoor sport, a way to get a lot of whole body exercise in a short time. Just the thing to stay in shape in a place with long winters. There was a university gym close to the building that housed my lab that had handball courts. As a UM faculty member I had a right to use the handball courts. However, the only way into the handball courts was through the mens locker room. I didn't have a right to go waltzing through the men's locker room.

For the first many years of the space program, when anybody asked why no female astronauts, the answer given was the plumbing of females didn't match the plumbing in the space suits, which were designed for men.

When I was choosing what grad schools to apply to, I noticed that about half had totally rigid programs in which every grad student for the four+ year PhD in a given field was required to start with a full two years of courses, the same courses for all the grad students no matter how much or what experience they already had or what their interests were. Weird since there is much more flexibility in undergrad bio programs. Nearly all the second tier and lesser schools featured rigid grad programs. But so did many of the top schools. All expected students to take a lot of course work featuring lectures, even if not two full years. I figure lectures made sense before most people knew how to read. But I know how to read, and can learn much faster by myself. And I had worked my way through undergrad school, had serious experience in four different labs, and I thought I had already taken more than enough courses for one lifetime, thank you very much. There was one biology program that was an exception to the rigidity. Biology department at Harvard. They brought grad students in a week early and gave them a full days worth of tests covering 15 areas of bio. As to requirements they simply said something like this: "The graduate student and his thesis sponsor will meet with the 5-faculty-member Prescription Committee to plan the student's course of PhD study." That was more like it. Sounded like they actual believed in biological variability, assumed each student would be unique and would need his own program. And so they did. I took just one course, graduate level Biological Chemistry, just to prove I could.

The kind of "reasoning" in the part about LE expanding girths and donuts is certainly familiar to those of us who have to listen to anti2A people compare two cities or countries that are different in myriad ways, including homicides and gun laws, and pin it all on the gun laws. Likewise cops may have expanding girths, and donuts may sometimes be a factor. But donuts are certainly not the only factor. Exercise, beer, and other comestibles may also be involved.

And it is certainly common when trying to come up with remedies for one problem such as increasing girth with age in some LE officers, societies often come up with laws and approaches that defeat the whole purpose entirely or do the opposite of what was intended. So, for example, minimum wage laws may improve the wages of some workers. But they almost invariably cause a reduction in jobs and a rise in unemployment in the newest, youngest, least skilled workers. There is then no way into the work world for those least skilled beginnerly workers. They need so much training and supervision that they are simply not worth the "family wage' level of jobs to employers. Nor do most need a family wage job. Not when they have no family to provide for and are still a teenager with room and board covered by parents.. And LBJ's anti poverty program, by making welfare payments to women with children and no husbands, destroyed black families and caused out of wedlock babies in all demographics except the affluent to skyrocket. And turns out the biggest predictors of escape from poverty is finishing high school and not having babies until you are married. And it turns out that one of the biggest factors in socializing boys into useful honorable men is the presence of their father in the home.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads