JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Quality Makes It a Colt."

In all seriousness though, the rifles that have been mentioned are quality. The competition in the marketplace the last 10 years has resulted in a lot of very good choices if you're looking for an AR15. You'd be hard pressed to pick a loser. For me personally, Colt is what I'm looking for but I'd take a BCM, DD and others and not feel I had an inferior rifle.

I'm prepared to get slammed here. But I like my Bushmasters. Let me state that I,by no means, beleive they are the best. I'm simply stating that they work. The DD's are nice but I'm not sure they are as nice as their price tag says. The Colt's are great too. The only AR-15 I've seen that felt sub-par was an Olympic Arms but maybe it was a bad one.

I'm prepared to get slammed here. But I like my Bushmasters. Let me state that I,by no means, beleive they are the best. I'm simply stating that they work. The DD's are nice but I'm not sure they are as nice as their price tag says. The Colt's are great too. The only AR-15 I've seen that felt sub-par was an Olympic Arms but maybe it was a bad one.
I got my daniel defense m4v5 for $1300 otd, not a bad price for what you get

I got my daniel defense m4v5 for $1300 otd, not a bad price for what you get

Agreed! That's a great price. Maybe I should look at MSRP and not "Panic" prices. I saw a guy in the paper of all places still trying to get $3600 for his.

Troll mode ON:

Why I hate the M-16/AR-15 Rifle | Mad Ogre

I cannot wait for the "Individual Carbine" program to determine the winner to replace the crappy AR. Nope, I am not an AK fan, I just want a modern platform that is not heavy, rarely jams, stays cleaner, requires little maintenance, etc.

Yep, I own em too, but that in a nutshell is why the Galil is my go to unit. You can treat her like a fat ugly girl on a date to a dark drive in and she'll still go out and get the popcorn and come back with a grin.;)

Every colt that I have seen has had a good amount of play between the upper and lower. I have seen $600 DTI guns that have better fit. I do not know if this affects reliability, accuracy, etc, but it sure as hell does not fill you with rays of quality craftsmanship.

Every colt that I have seen has had a good amount of play between the upper and lower. I have seen $600 DTI guns that have better fit. I do not know if this affects reliability, accuracy, etc, but it sure as hell does not fill you with rays of quality craftsmanship.

I was issued an M16 that had so much slop between the upper and lower that the groups were about 5" at 25 meters. If you can hold a rifle like that exactly the same way, every time, then you could do better. Yes, it hurts accuracy. I accu-wedge all of mine, and I did so in the Army as well. It makes a huge difference.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top