JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am out today and kind of hungery so I decide to go to burger king and grab a bite. I pay for lunch and as I get my change and go to put it in my wallet the girl at the counter asks if Iam going to tip here. I asked here for what? She said for taking my order and I said well that is your job. She was kind of pissed.
I get my burger and leaveand start to think about it so I ended up throwing the burger away. Dont know whatshe mayhave done.
Is this normal at most places?
Most times I take my lunch to work or eat at home. When I do go out for dinner I feel I tip very well but that is at a nice place with good service.
This girl at burger king is doing her job and not that great. I had to wait for her to get done texting.
I guess I m just getting old and dont see it. Its like she was entitled to a tip for nothing more than what she gets paid for.

That sounds very rude. I would have asked to see her manager immediately.
So let me get this straight the lady taking your order at burger king asked you "arent you going to tip me". I would be jaw dropped. You should report her to the manager for sure. That is unbelievable........Even funnier Im going there now

What the heck????

Fast Food and tipping typically doesn't mix for me...

When I go to Starbucks I tip the baristas I like that remember my name and my drink... but that is it. Typically if I get a few coins back as change I drop those off instead of storing them...

I reserve tipping (other than Starbucks) for sit down, get waited on, restaurants (The RAM, in Clackamas -- ahhhh, love it!!). Depending on service, etc it is between 10 and 20%, but I always tip.

Fast Food??? She punched a few buttons into a computer. The cooks? She heated up some premade food... yeah... not worthy.

At the risk of sounding like a total A hole.

Fast Food = go back to school to get a better job to make more money, don't expect me to supplement your income because i went to school so i don't have to work crappy jobs.

Fast Food = no Tip.

Sit down restaurant = tip, but you are getting an extra service. Waited on. not just killed with greasy fatty food.

I might tip a fast food employee if she is hot, and nice. No tip for guys, sorry.

At the risk of sounding like a total A hole.

Fast Food = go back to school to get a better job to make more money, don't expect me to supplement your income because i went to school so i don't have to work crappy jobs.

Fast Food = no Tip.

Sit down restaurant = tip, but you are getting an extra service. Waited on. not just killed with greasy fatty food.

I might tip a fast food employee if she is hot, and nice. No tip for guys, sorry.

Maybe that is what she was getting at. Thats all I could think of

Absolutely no way would I tip any fast food server/button pushers, they probably get paid too much as it is. As for sit-down restraunts it' usually between 15 and 20 % but that is also dependant on if the service was good.

I dont know what it was. I do tip when I get hair cuts and at a sit down place for the service and the way I get treated but this just got me.
No one tips me after I install there furnace. Iguess maybe I could see it if she brought my food to me. I dont know. I guess I just dont understand it.
Maybe I should of asked to see a little skin but then I would go to jail for that.:s0114:

I have never even thought about tipping at a fast food joint but I don't frequent them often enough to know or care about their silly etiquette. I would have just asked for my money back and left.

husker what company do you work for. I've recieved a few tips from customers after a install,I usually take my apprentice out to lunck the next day with it.

If she WAS hot maybe you could have suggested a career choice to one of those coffee places where the baristas wear next to nothing. They get pretty good tips... or so I hear. ;)

Should of just said, "I was, but then you asked." Asking to be tipped? That's just rude.
The deserving will get their tips.. They don't need to ask.

A waiter in California circled the 10% tip reminder on the bill.. and my Dad simply wrote in 0.00. Which is usually very well out of his character, he'll almost always tip, even in fast food places.

not sure about here but in calif waitresses are taxed on the 15% they are supposed to get for a tip (but thats calif don't know if its that way here.) but as for tippin a FFjoint .. no way !!!! Don

I work for American heating. Been ther 15 yrs. Most all I do is commercial work but did work residential in The Dalles for 3 yrs.

husker what company do you work for. I've recieved a few tips from customers after a install,I usually take my apprentice out to lunck the next day with it.

I don't tip fast food sorry. At a restaurant, barber, etc I tip 15 to 20 percent or more if the service was good, if the service was bad I won't tip at all. I don't tip fast food as it's not customary. I would not tip someone who asked for it after the fact regardless of where it was, to me a tip must be earned not expected and demanded is just rude.

On the subject of restaurant dining I have walked out of when their service or their food was unacceptable.

I would complain to the manager as asking for a tip in that situation is just extortion by guilt in my eyes.

not sure about here but in calif waitresses are taxed on the 15% they are supposed to get for a tip (but thats calif don't know if its that way here.) but as for tippin a FFjoint .. no way !!!! Don

Not sure what the situation is.. It just pissed my dad off. The guy got nothing where he usually would of gotten a decent tip, probably even a good one since we were on vacation.

1040s do ask you to report tips received. Not sure if they are taxed differently or if their just considered part of income.

I never tip anywhere I have to bus my own table after ordering at a register, but when I'm at a restaurant or a bar and the service is good I'll usually tip 20%+.

Anyone remember what TIP stands for?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads