JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At that price point, I can't name one. (I hadn't really thought about it, but I pretty much never eat out any more, though I used to a lot some years back. Better for the health and the bottom line.)

At that price point, I can't name one. (I hadn't really thought about it, but I pretty much never eat out any more, though I used to a lot some years back. Better for the health and the bottom line.)
I hear you about the bottom line. Somebody suggested I take the wife out for a "nice" meal in another thread. Being the big spender I am, I told her I would spend $25 (a box of 10mm) for a meal if we could find a place. Looking around at menus online doesn't look very promising. I figured there might be other value oriented consumers (cheapskates) on here that have the scoop on some value restaurants in the metro area?

Boones Junction looks pretty low rent but they have a number of burgers with fries/tots under $10. It's in town for us so we may give it a try.

Edit: Nevermind it appears google had old pricing for boones junction.

I think I would be scared to eat at one up here if that was the price now days. Some fast food places have deals for less than a 10 spot but I have to be REALLY hungry to eat that stuff. Wife and like Applebee's. They used to offer a burger deal one day a week that was really cheap. The whole point was to get you to buy expensive drinks. Even they of course no longer have it at that price with lets go Brandon's inflation. Pancake house (Original Pancake House) has a couple locations up here that I really like. Not normally much for pancakes. Not sure what the hell they put in theirs but I love them. Last time we went it was about $35 for the two of us. When Wife saw the bill she frowned and I just said look at the price for stuff, there is no way they can do better than this here. Not to mention all the staff up here make the WA min wage which is getting up near $15 an hour. Which means its expensive for the place to staff up.

You gotta try Oregon Sunshine Espresso Bar in Canyonville. They serve wonderful biscuits and gravy for $3.50 a half portion (which is a very generous half portion).

Being the big spender I am, I told her I would spend $25 (a box of 10mm) for a meal if we could find a place.
You sound like a Denny's kind of guy. Maybe you can clip one of their coupons. :D

I understand keeping a budget....

C'mon man.
Take the wife out for a meal that you can both enjoy. A good meal that you don't cook or clean up after is one of life's indulgences.
It should be enjoyed as such.

If it means you skip a box of 10mm this week, skip it. Unless she ain't worth the extra scratch?....

We ended up at San Blas again. $57 with tip, it wasn't great.

Eating out sucks.
Eating out is GREAT. Trying to be a cheapskate and eating out sucks.

Wife and I enjoy cooking and do so about 29 to 30 days of the month, but we allow ourselves to eat somewhere good as well. We have a few places we like to patronize.

Unfortunately it means having to spend some money on places you learn you don't like as well. It's worth not buying a couple boxes of ammo that month, to me anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top