JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Admit it, you peaked and are now curious. In the immortal words of Al Bundy: "Titties and Beer are why we're here."
As long as those titties and beer ain't in Potland, I might very well make a trip out of it...

full.gif

You'll have an easier time getting to that price point by going to lunch instead of dinner at some corporate chain place, like Outback, Applebee's, or Chilis.

As someone who delivers into the back of a wide variety of restaurants, I can tell you that those sort of places aren't nearly as nice or good of food as they would like you to believe. I would rather spend similar money at an independent restaurant and have food made from scratch.

You can do a Google search for "Portland restaurants under twelve dollars" and see a number of "best of" lists. There's lots on there that looks delicious, though also lots of it doesn't meet the OP's table service desire. There's also lots of food of immigrants, so if you have a xenophobic palate, you may also be disappointed.

There's also lots of food of immigrants, so if you have a xenophobic palate, you may also be disappointed.
Food of immigrants? I've never heard it described so negatively. If you mean ethnic food, the best kind, then no xenophobia here.

That's nearly all we eat on the rare occasion that we go out. There are so many great choices that are affordable. My wife hates to spend money on food that she can make at home, better for less; if we're going out, we want some food and flavors that we don't eat every day.

Last Edited:
Gentlemen of NW Firearms, I am seriously disappointed in your lack of thoughtful and educated responses in this post. I can't believe, especially @sobo, that after this many responses, one has not named a Portland Icon that truly fits the OP's criteria. I give you, The Acropolis, Food and Entertainment:

Menu, including Steaks, 2lb burger, etc. All for under $10.

Mike drop....
OH MAN!~!! I forgot about The Acropolips! Been many many years. Hmmm. I used to go into those places from time to time. Generally not eat though. Some how, at the Acrop, sitting there side stage maoing down a huge juicy burger while a gal is so close in front of you you could sme, well, you know what I mean. Never appealed to me. We always sat AWAY from the stage.

Last Edited:
OH MAN!~!! I forgot about The Acropolips! Been many many years. Hmmm. I used to go into those places from time to time. Generally not eat though. Some how, at the Acrop, sitting there side stage maoing down a huge juicy burger while a gal is so close in front of you you could sme, well, you know what I mean. Never appealed to me. We always sat AWAY from the stage.
@Mikej, are you referring to the burger or fish taco for it's sme, well, would you look at that? I avoid all seafood other than at a fresh seafood market or coastal seafood restaurant. At the Acropolis or anywhere similar, don't even think about it in any type of situation.

@Mikej, are you referring to the burger or fish taco for it's sme, well, would you look at that? I avoid all seafood other than at a fresh seafood market or coastal seafood restaurant. At the Acropolis or anywhere similar, don't even think about it in any type of situation.
Uh, I think you may have missed my point? :rolleyes:
:D

We tend to cook the food ourselves since real resturants are pretty expensive now. We do go out a few times with my family vistings but one once or twice only. Even though groceries are more expensive it is a better deal cooking yourself anymore.

One of the things the rona did for us is remove the enjoyment we got from eating out IN a restaurant. Going to a restaurant and having to wear a mask in. You can take it off at your table! Need to pee/want to play the poker machine? Mask-up! Pull it down to take a drink of beer? Mask off, then mask-up! Take it off to eat. Mask-up to pay and leave it on 'til you get out the door. We didn't eat at an inside sitdown place for close to two years. And THAT was at an out of the way little bar/grill that didn't care if you wore a mask! Maybe I'm just a sissy A-hole? Okay. The whole rona thing changed us forever most likely. But it, most certainly, didn't make us more likely to appreciate elected leaders and our government!

Sorry for the rant.

One of the things the rona did for us is remove the enjoyment we got from eating out IN a restaurant. Going to a restaurant and having to wear a mask in. You can take it off at your table! Need to pee/want to play the poker machine? Mask-up! Pull it down to take a drink of beer? Mask off, then mask-up! Take it off to eat. Mask-up to pay and leave it on 'til you get out the door. We didn't eat at an inside sitdown place for close to two years. And THAT was at an out of the way little bar/grill that didn't care if you wore a mask! Maybe I'm just a sissy A-hole? Okay. The whole rona thing changed us forever most likely. But it, most certainly, didn't make us more likely to appreciate elected leaders and our government!

Sorry for the rant.
You are not a sissy a__hole. You hit the nail on the head, and I feel the same way you do. It was a totally unmititgated bullshiit scamdemic...
Yeah, yeah, a lot of people got sick. Some people died. Just like they do every year. We all know now this one was unleased on us by Creepy Joe's buddies...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top