JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Semi-sit down: order when you walk in and they bring it to you at the table. $7 wood-fired margherita pizza during lunch (happy hour). The best Portland-area pizza I've ever had: Life of Pie Pizza.
Interesting. The only issue with places like this in "this" city, is that they have eliminated so much parking due to bike lanes and little funky pedestrian BS that you might have to park several blocks away. I have come to avoid any eateries that have nothing but limited street parking.

This is almost always the case, but I'm fine with having to walk a few blocks.
I wish I was. Ahhhh, I remember the days of enjoying a fair walk back to the car on a warm evening after a nice meal out. When my knees were younger. I have only so many steps per day on this right knee. The leadership (snork), of potland has forsaken people like us just as they have forsaken East potland.

Vault 244 in Albany, it's worth the $40 a plate. Make a reservation, and enjoy a good meal with your wife, think about it this way, she puts up with you.

Interesting. The only issue with places like this in "this" city, is that they have eliminated so much parking due to bike lanes and little funky pedestrian BS that you might have to park several blocks away. I have come to avoid any eateries that have nothing but limited street parking.
Park down the block, when you get back to your vehicle, a window busted out.

I went to McDonald's twice this month.... don't exactly know what I was thinking.....

I paid $6.99 for a mediocre chicken sandwich, that I think is supposed to compete with Popeyes..... problem is, the Popeyes chicken sandwich is $4.99 and many times over better.

Then I tried McDonald's again, for a quickie breakfast. Just an Egg McMuffin and one hash brown. $8.00 on the nose. Not kidding.
That was about $3 and change in 2019.

I went to McDonald's twice this month.... don't exactly know what I was thinking.....

I paid $6.99 for a mediocre chicken sandwich, that I think is supposed to compete with Popeyes..... problem is, the Popeyes chicken sandwich is $4.99 and many times over better.

Then I tried McDonald's again, for a quickie breakfast. Just an Egg McMuffin and one hash brown. $8.00 on the nose. Not kidding.
That's why I RARELY set foot in one of those. Unless I am close to starving I end up tossing a good part of the food I paid premium for. I am often shocked they are still full of people.
As for the break ins city has a REALLY nice park here that's huge. Miles of trails. Wife and I for decades would drive down, park and take the dogs for walks. Couple years back we drive up to one of the parking area's and several cars have glass smashed. :mad:
So we of course left. Now the only time we can go there to enjoy the place is when we can have someone come with us to babysit the damn car. The thieving scum really ruin everything. :(

Park down the block, when you get back to your vehicle, a window busted out.
It wasn't like that when the city started screwing up the streets so bad. Now? Heck yeah! Park on a side street and get your car broken into.

So if you get the McD's APP, you get a code for specials. We get the same thing every time. The app code gives us $1.00 any size fry = Large fry. Two Mcdoubles are buy 1 get 1 for $1.00. So their little chicky sandwich, and some other stuff, is on the bogo menu.
Mcd's breakfast has ALWAYS sucked to me. What is it $2.99 for that stoopid little plank of frozen greasy hash browns? BK used to be better breakfast IMO. I don't eat any of their breakfasts though, for years.

2 people can get a burger ( not 2 double cheese w bacon but 2 reg burgers)and split a fry at roaks for about $20 if you drink water.

A coworker and I were talking about this recently. I found out quickly that he and I live in very different worlds.

He and his wife went out for dinner the night before, and he opined that $100 before drinks and tips was a bargain for "decent" food. Drinks would typically be another hundred (wine snobs), and a minimum 25% for acceptable service puts the total at around $250 for a dinner for two.

Yeah, they live in a different world. Their household income is at least double mine, and they don't have kids or medical bills. I'm sure they have more "refined palates" that appreciate expensive dishes that would be wasted on us, such as the duck liver pate he was gushing about.

I'm fine with a $50 dinner a few times a year, for the wife and I, maybe a little more occasionally, if we're feeling extravagant and the appetizers or deserts look good.

If we eat out as a family it's a whole different story. Two teenagers and two almost-teens makes that an expensive outing, even for fast food.
Pretty sure no one serves pate in Portland anymore. Protesters and vandals shut them down like 20+ years ago. 😶

Pretty sure no one serves pate in Portland anymore. Protesters and vandals shut them down like 20+ years ago. 😶
I think you mean that fancy goose liver foy grass stuff? You can still grind up a bunch a chicken livers to make pate.. Real good, true, Banh Mi has pate as a base. Mmm good!

A coworker and I were talking about this recently. I found out quickly that he and I live in very different worlds.

He and his wife went out for dinner the night before, and he opined that $100 before drinks and tips was a bargain for "decent" food. Drinks would typically be another hundred (wine snobs), and a minimum 25% for acceptable service puts the total at around $250 for a dinner for two.
Holy moly $250 all I would be thinking about is how that was half of a nice handgun or a lot of ammo. :p

Last time I bought cigars I spent $180 and got a gigantic box of tons of good cigars. Darn near half a years worth. I'd much rather have half a year of good cigars than one meal personally.

If someone values eating out and spends that much that's great, but for me I would feel like I was pissing away that $ unless it was some real special occasion or something. I just don't value it. But to each their own and I don't judge other's doing it, it's just not for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top