JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll be 83 this Jan. I love the hell outta living. I love food, all kinds. I remember clearly every
female I ever been with. I love single malt scotch. I love guns, fishing, hunting and outdoor
photography. I used to do dirt track and did SS drags as well. Dirt bikes a big yes. Well that
all is the upside. The list of things F'ed up inside of me is long. I don't give a cheit. I would
change nothing for all the fun I've had. And I'll keep plowing on 'till it stops.

I have been interested in what lifestyles, habits, diets, etc are practiced by those who make it to or close to 100 years of age. It doesn't appear that they spend a bunch of time in the gym, eat carnivore diets or make tons of money. I suspect genes play a big role but there must be environmental factors as well.

If you or somebody you know has reach their mid 90s plus, what do they attribute it to?
The BIG Secret is... Some people born, are just Weeds, tough Hard to Kill .
My grandfather lived over 100 years . threw 2 wives, dozen kids, Smoked, brewed beer in the basement, and drank a shot of cheap whiskey every morning before going out to milk the cows till was 86 years old . boiled all his drinking water, but ' EVERYTHING' he ate was fried in Pig Lard . Served in both WW1 and they called him up again back to European front in WW2, died in his sleep, with full head of (white ) Hair .

The BIG Secret is... Some people born, are just Weeds, tough Hard to Kill .
My grandfather lived over 100 years . threw 2 wives, dozen kids, Smoked, brewed beer in the basement, and drank a shot of cheap whiskey every morning before going out to milk the cows till was 86 years old . boiled all his drinking water, but ' EVERYTHING' he ate was fried in Pig Lard . Served in both WW1 and they called him up again back to European front in WW2, died in his sleep, with full head of (white ) Hair .
Genetics definitely plays a roll. I think staying active throughout the day is a big factor as well.

Edit:

Last Edited:
I have heard that cutting off the testicles can help with some hormonal issues and ensure a longer life.

It works extra well if the procedure is performed with a dull antler.

I saw a study somewhere that said the length of one's life is inversely proportional to the number of threads one initiates on firearms forums. :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: Just kidding.

Seriously, tho. Why do you want to live to be 100? Can you imagine how F'ed up the world will be by then?

I just recently learned that a very dear friend of mine who was very health conscious, exercised regularly, only ate "healthy" foods, never smoked, didn't drink, and was meticulous about self care, passed away at the age of 66.

Can we control these things? IDK. I'm inclined to cast my vote with the genetics camp.

Last Edited:
I saw a study somewhere that said the length of one's life is inversely proportional to the number of threads one initiates on firearms forums. :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: Just kidding.

Seriously, tho. Why do you want to live to be 100? Can you imagine how F'ed up the world will be by then?

I just recently learned that a very dear friend of mine who was very health conscious, exercised regularly, only ate "healthy" foods, and was meticulous about self care, passed away at the age of 66.

Can we control these things? IDK. I'm inclined to cast my vote with the genetics camp.
"Can you imagine how F'ed up the world will be by then"
The world could be F'ed up by then or not. I am going to take a more optimistic view on that.

Regardless of how long I live, I would like to be able bodied for as much of it as possible. I have wasted much of my adult life working, it would be nice to have a couple of decades at the end, where working wasn't a priority.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top