JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If someone values eating out and spends that much that's great, but for me I would feel like I was pissing away that $ unless it was some real special occasion or something. I just don't value it. But to each their own and I don't judge other's doing it, it's just not for me.
Here's the way I see it....You can make food. Your wife can make food. Your mother, or other family member can make food. Friends have you over for food. We all have stoves, grills, B-B-Qs to do that. Stores, all kinds of stores with all kinds of food to buy. Mail order food.

A fine fire arm is for all time if you want. Even your cigars spread the pleasure out, like you said. It's not my thing, but a person spending 100K on their dream vehicle is getting more for their money than paying $250.00 for someone to cook you food. And where does that food end up?

Here's the way I see it....You can make food. Your wife can make food. Your mother, or other family member can make food. Friends have you over for food. We all have stoves, grills, B-B-Qs to do that. Stores, all kinds of stores with all kinds of food to buy. Mail order food.

A fine fire arm is for all time if you want. Even your cigars spread the pleasure out, like you said. It's not my thing, but a person spending 100K on their dream vehicle is getting more for their money than paying $250.00 for someone to cook you food. And where does that food end up?
Totally agree. Honestly my wife cooks food as good as or better than any I've had at a restaurant (but she doesn't cook all the time). So I see zero value in it for me. There is value in it for her though so I do see that.

I see it, as most things, in terms of "opportunity cost" or "value". $250 = 10 bottles of makers mark bourbon on sale, or: a threaded barrel semi auto .22, half a nice handgun, almost a decent double barrel if you are lucky, almost a good 1-8 Lpvo scope, a custom made wood stock, etc.

I was just thinking yesterday about a car I sold that I had been driving for 6 years. Total cost per year(what I paid vs what I sold it for plus tires plus a couple parts) but not including gas, oil, or insurance was $243 per year (not per month). And this was not a beater. So for less than a cost of that one meal I had a nice car (to me anyway) for one year. Contrast that to the $700-$1200 payments plus high insurance that people pay each month and huge depreciation in some cases. Again it's opportunity cost and what each person values. Getting a well maintained vehicle that is already mostly depreciated out can save a ton of cash. In some rare cases it can even be an appreciating asset (not for me in this case but that's ok).

Last Edited:
Holy moly $250 all I would be thinking about is how that was half of a nice handgun or a lot of ammo. :p

Last time I bought cigars I spent $180 and got a gigantic box of tons of good cigars. Darn near half a years worth. I'd much rather have half a year of good cigars than one meal personally.

If someone values eating out and spends that much that's great, but for me I would feel like I was pissing away that $ unless it was some real special occasion or something. I just don't value it. But to each their own and I don't judge other's doing it, it's just not for me.
So true. We all value very different things, but it's only natural to assume what we value is most important. For example, I bought a little NAA mini .22 revolver a year or two ago, and later showed it to that same coworker. He's not really a gun guy, but he thought it was neat, asked what it cost. I told him $200, and his only comment was, "I could think of better uses for $200".

I was just thinking yesterday about a car I sold that I had been driving for 6 years. Total cost per year(what I paid vs what I sold it for plus tires plus a couple parts) but not including gas, oil, or insurance was $243 per year (not per month).
Another example of differing values. I know a lot of people really identify with what they drive; it's very important to them to have a nice set of wheels. That's not me. I bought my truck used, 22 years ago, got a really good deal on it. Knock on wood, but it's been dead reliable; besides routine maintenance, I doubt I've spent $1k on it over the years. People go nuts over this model truck, so if I were to sell it, I could get a substantial percentage of what I paid for it, 22 years and 130k miles ago. Crazy. Not that I plan on selling it though; I plan on driving it another 22 years. :cool:

What Are Some Of Your Favorite Sit Down Restaurants That Are Still Serving A Meal For $10 Or Less (before tip)

"Sit down, a meal for <$10 and an expectation of no tip." LOL.

So then......
Not exactly but.....

McD has an app. Use your COUPON, for an even better price and dining experience.* Yeah.....one could order on the app and sit down at one of the empty tables. The over payed "min wage worker" will bring your food to the table or maybe you may have to pick it up at the front.

Anyway.....
Of course.....when you're finished, it's always polite that you throw away your own trash. Enjoy your "higher social credit score".

*Ever notice that the automated "order kiosk" (located inside) has no place to feed your coupons into? Oh well. I go "old school" and order/speak w/the employee to place my order(s).

Aloha, Mark

PS.........about the "tip".

I've been noticing, more and more, that a resturant (even doing mostly take out) has a "tip cup" near the register AND the app will query you about adding on a tip to your bill.

I can only wish that I knew........which resturant workers/staff were actually getting the full min. wage PLUS the tip added to their pay.

Last Edited:
So true. We all value very different things, but it's only natural to assume what we value is most important. For example, I bought a little NAA mini .22 revolver a year or two ago, and later showed it to that same coworker. He's not really a gun guy, but he thought it was neat, asked what it cost. I told him $200, and his only comment was, "I could think of better uses for $200".

Another example of differing values. I know a lot of people really identify with what they drive; it's very important to them to have a nice set of wheels. That's not me. I bought my truck used, 22 years ago, got a really good deal on it. Knock on wood, but it's been dead reliable; besides routine maintenance, I doubt I've spent $1k on it over the years. People go nuts over this model truck, so if I were to sell it, I could get a substantial percentage of what I paid for it, 22 years and 130k miles ago. Crazy. Not that I plan on selling it though; I plan on driving it another 22 years. :cool:
That's outstanding in my book! If you had made $500/mo car payments that would have been $132,000 in payments.

$10 for a sit down dinner? Hell, the combos at Wendy's here in Spokanistan cost more than that.

Screenshot_20230422_124512_Wendy's.jpg

Totally agree. Honestly my wife cooks food as good as or better than any I've had at a restaurant (but she doesn't cook all the time). So I see zero value in it for me. There is value in it for her though so I do see that.

I see it, as most things, in terms of "opportunity cost" or "value". $250 = 10 bottles of makers mark bourbon on sale, or: a threaded barrel semi auto .22, half a nice handgun, almost a decent double barrel if you are lucky, almost a good 1-8 Lpvo scope, a custom made wood stock, etc.

I was just thinking yesterday about a car I sold that I had been driving for 6 years. Total cost per year(what I paid vs what I sold it for plus tires plus a couple parts) but not including gas, oil, or insurance was $243 per year (not per month). And this was not a beater. So for less than a cost of that one meal I had a nice car (to me anyway) for one year. Contrast that to the $700-$1200 payments plus high insurance that people pay each month and huge depreciation in some cases. Again it's opportunity cost and what each person values. Getting a well maintained vehicle that is already mostly depreciated out can save a ton of cash. In some rare cases it can even be an appreciating asset (not for me in this case but that's ok).

I consider my self somewhat special, being raised by the greatest generation/depression era parents. There are/were downfalls to that. But I believe the good I retained is worth it. Them people suffered through some serious bubblegum, and came out okay! I'd wager the both of you are in the same group?

We went to Dub's Tavern on Borland Rd yesterday for happy hour food 3 to 6pm. Our tab was over $30 because my wife got a drink but we both left full. Drink purchase is not required to get happy hour food specials.

Does the price point include the airline ticket?

Huh?

Try a vacation in Thailand or VN. The food there is cheap. And tipping ain't a thing. Yet. Anyway, I like it (even if it's Street Food or Shooping Center/Mall food). And the REAL sit down resturant prices are also great.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads