JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If something does get passed, I can't imagine that it would effective immediately. Has that ever happened before? Assuming it hasn't, then I would keep saving and wait to see what gets passed. If something does get passed, then you can make a decision.

If something does get passed, I can't imagine that it would effective immediately. Has that ever happened before? Assuming it hasn't, then I would keep saving and wait to see what gets passed. If something does get passed, then you can make a decision.

Wise advice except you don't take into account the inevitable stampeded herd of people buying up ARs while they can. Prices will be jacked up for those you can find.

Wise advice except you don't take into account the inevitable stampeded herd of people buying up ARs while they can. Prices will be jacked up for those you can find.

That all depends on whether we're talking a state law or a federal law. If it's a state law, you can expect prices nationally will remain pretty much unaffected by what one state does, so yes, you can still buy out of state, should prices rise at home and supply dwindle here, you should still easily be able to buy online.

Now, if things go badly at the national level, yes, there may be a serious problem buying what you want post-election. It's a gamble to wait, but it may not be the national-level problem some expect. But who knows? You wait, you take your chances for certain.

We're missing parts to finish the AR-10!!
80191d94b4e97afa5d8f21bd54306c66.jpg

Better to keep the second as a source for spare parts or as a backup or replacement. Where would you get, say, another lower receiver post-ban?
The problem with a new ban is simply this...how many AR lowers are in circulation right now? The 94 ban worked because there simply were far fewer ARs out there and they were a premium commodity compared to hunting rifles. But right now however.. there are literally a million, if not hundreds of thousands of AR15s produced... and then the sheer number of unregistered 80% lowers out there as well as easier access to CNC equipment and jigs.

I bought a couple stripped lowers a year or so ago, and then a couple 2 or 3 mags a month and 100 rounds of ammo here and there for a while, then every paycheck I would buy a part or two and was able to build one out in less than a year without going into cc debt or throwing off the family budget. More expensive parts like BCG, barrel ect., I would save for a few months, look for deals and get them. Just like that Johnny Cash song: "One piece at a time" :cool:

The smart move of course is to put a little money away out of each payday and save up until you have enough cash to purchase what you want. Start now and you may have enough before the weapons ban is imposed upon us, or at least a good portion of it.

I personally have 1 credit card for emergency purposes and buying a new 300 blackout might just constitute as an emergency.

I finally got off my butt and bought a Colt LE and a PSA lower (complete) and a dozen hi-cap magazines. Just to have them. Now I don't have to worry what the idiots in Salem do...

I'm maybe a little low on blood sugar, but how can somebody legally buy a weapon out of their own state (that is, purchase in a state where they don't reside) when that weapon is illegal in their home state?

It's probably obvious but I'm not seeing it.

I'm maybe a little low on blood sugar, but how can somebody legally buy a weapon out of their own state (that is, purchase in a state where they don't reside) when that weapon is illegal in their home state?

Buy a pusnuts-proscribed rifle at an out-of-state FFL. You've broken no law until you cross the state line with it... so the answer is to leave it with a friend or family member outside the state, if I'm parsing things right from the Ambulance Chasing Sh*tweasel-ese.

Maybe there are exceptions but you can purchase a rifle from a neighboring state when you are in the neighboring state. No handgun purchases. The catch is that you must be legal to purchase the firearm as confirmed to undergo a background check--no felonies, etc. I'm thinking that if your state has a "residence" prohibition against the firearms--it became unlawful to have in your possession once you crossed the "prohibited state" line. Others likely have more details on this but maybe you have more specific questions.

Last Edited:
Buy a pusnuts-proscribed rifle at an out-of-state FFL. You've broken no law until you cross the state line with it... so the answer is to leave it with a friend or family member outside the state, if I'm parsing things right from the Ambulance Chasing Sh*tweasel-ese.

Rog, it's the bringing it home that's the snag. I thought I was missing something somewhere so that helps, thank you.

Beg borrow and steal. If I had a chance to go back in time to 1986 and buy registered receiver machineguns I would flat rob a bank to do it. By robbing a bank I mean maxing out all the credit cards I could find and declaring bankruptcy later on...or just robbing a bank. Point is you are looking at a very bleak future as a semi auto AR pattern gun owner. He who hesitates is lost in this market. Get the mags, get the receivers and do it now.

"if they don't pass then I will be stuck paying them off."
you gotta pay them off whatever happens in the election....

there is this sour note I just read today...>>>Bloomberg has dumped considerable bucks into the "elect the governor THIS time around" campaign.

Seems like she has considerable political support, and now the financing.

Despite what anti-gun laws may pass in the Northwest, at least most people there accept that hunting and shooting for recreation is a normal passtime done by normal people, not pyschpaths and Islamic terrorists. Here in CommieFornia so many people here are so anti gun, all a politician has to do is introduce a bill regarding restricting magazine capacity, feature associated with an assault rifle, or something as stupid as an ammunition purchase registry, and the majority will vote it into law. The bill banning high capacity mags is most likely going to pass- count on a ban on AR-15 and AK-47 style rifles coming soon.

Californians will pay for their ignorance about firearms with their own lives and the lives of their loved ones, once all the psychos and terrorists realize CA is a place where it's easy to kill many people before the police can respond.

Geno

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews