JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you join us?

• Yes! Count me in!

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Good Possibility

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
What it doesn't show above is the part of the Ford, the tires AND the blue barrel came from the bottom of the ravine thanks to the mountain goat (Blitz), and some help from a couple of others once he got it a good ways up the slope! That's Blitz in the orange shirt.

I don't know who the little guy belonged to but I saw him jumping straight up and down in a puddle in front of the raffle table. I wanted to high five his dad for not telling him to stop. Great to see the kids out there, especially the little girls getting their hands dirty. Wish I could have brought my own daughter. Time well spent with my oldest son. I believe these times are gonna get fewer and far between, at least until the teen years are over. Everyone out there is setting a great example for these children.

And thanks to your "Oldest Son" Wifey got the grand prize, $40.00 gift certificate to Sportsman's Warehouse!

The kids there today were a special treat. No whining,crying ,clinging or hollering....And they were pulling there weight! Real special!

Makes me proud to be part of this special group of people. A sincere THANK YOU to all of you.
:s0152::s0152::s0152::s0152:

This is outstanding! Thank all of you for all the hard work.

Those who helped will be receiving their 2015 Volunteer badges as soon as possible :)

If you look carefully, you can see part of the car side in this pic.

img_3635-jpg.219237.jpg

This is outstanding! Thank all of you for all the hard work.

Those who helped will be receiving their 2015 Volunteer badges as soon as possible :)

Well it's about time....

Just like a boss, show up AFTER all the hard work is DONE!

Missed you out there Joe!

Haha, thanks, i don't think they're any better than other peoples pics, and i don't know who you saw, but i did a lot of standing under the awnings :D

Also, shout-out to Reno911 for steeling my brass :p

I have no idea what your talking about!

;)

On a serious note. I had fun today and we got a lot done. Thanks to Bolus and Cogs for setting this up again!

Also a special thanks to Ed for helping drive the trash down to the drop point. Had a good chat and his music is pretty killer.

Shout out to our vendors who provided the great volunteer benefit incentives! A box of ammo from Tactical Ammunition, 3 gift cards from SW Washington Surplus, 7 gift cards from Sportsman's Warehouse of Tanasborne (included 1 $40 card), and an ACP attachment from bolus! Great stuff!

We were going to be on time but with the turn of events after we pulled out of the driveway I told Mike it was always a bit uncomfortable being the first at a party.
Just one block from Sandy Boulevard we heard what sounded like an explosion... I turned and saw the sparks coming from the pole. Of course we had to go around the block to see the fried squirrel on top of the transformor.
As we're heading down Sandy to the freeway onramp I am hearing a buzzing noise coming from the back of the car. At this point we are inbound on the freeway when I see the yellow jacket in the back seat. Windows down all the way to the Sylvan Hill exit while I am looking behind me for movement. I got out of the car so fast! It was gone and we were back on the road.
We finally showed up in a fashionably late manner and the day could not have been better. What a wonderful group of people there today. I am so sorry I'm forgetful with names but I have my own little blond ways of remembering people...and I get parts of names right sometimes!
First let me just say that the kids added so much to this day. Emmy, Kalie(?), Katie, Noah and Brodey(?) were amazing children. So much fun and let me tell you I have never seen a donut eaten like Katie did it! Or three for that matter!!!
Really enjoyed talking with (name blank) the Sig guy showing each other our Site. So sorry I didn't help clean up your tank and stove when you dumped them in the mud. Would like to invite you to the range with us as you said that you are new to handguns.
Truly appreciated the welcome from Cogs and Bolus and there instrumentation for this.
And the guys talking about the ticks...trying to remember the name of the movie and the quote...

Thanks again to the organizers! It was very well done.

I wish folks would stop shooting glass up there. Pet peeve of mine. Ugh. It was nice to get a lot of that out of there as well as everything else.
2015-03-14 10.51.33 - Copy.jpg
My two girls had fun doing the work today! They managed to pile a bunch of trash on a 2 foot square piece of metal and carry it off the hill together.

Last Edited:
Rain be damned..it was a beautiful day and a beautiful spot. IMG_0781_zpsxqjtlkrn.jpg IMG_0780_zps4jkeygzv.jpg IMG_0779_zps7ahnuzcq.jpg

Glad wifey got the big gift card..i think she was the most excited winner. Thanks to Bolus, Cogs, and all the attendees. It was a good time, I look forward to the next.:D

I would like to express my many thanks to all of you that made it out. I was unable to attend due to being on call for work this weekend. But it looks like it turned out great. Look forward to the next one.

...a big thanks to all you fellow volunteers, and a tip 'o the hat to Cogs and Bolus for getting it together.
This was my first event within this organization, and I'm proud to associate myself with all of you.
The photos are great, and show the sites before and after real well.

It was cool to hang with some new folks, and work together on this important project.
Blitz was a monster bringing up all kinds of heavy stuff - and his photos here are awesome too.
Someone else, whose name I missed, also deserves kudos for wrasslin' a second 55 gal. drum up the steep grade. Everyone worked hard in tough conditions to get 'er done.

The photos give some idea of the depth and slope of the grade - and I can testify to it's difficulty after corralling a bunch of tires down there, and helping Reno911 pull them up with his tow strap.
Driving the trash loads to the staging area was easy after that!

I especially liked seeing the young citizens and attentive parents engaged together in support of our environment and community.
Teaching by demonstrating, and learning "by doing". Who knew hard , dirty work could be fun?

We all experienced, and demonstrated the power of teamwork in action. Great job everyone!
It's always good to leave a spot better than one finds it, and and is an ideal worth consideration.

Of course, bangin' off a few rounds afterward was pretty satisfying too. We picked up after ourselves...;)

Thanks again everyone.

We realized yesterday evening that we have everyone's real name but not your usernames :s0114:

If you participated in this event please message me your full name so we can get you credit.

This was blitz country!
Blitz1.jpg

And blitz was not happy.
Blitz2.jpg

So he put on the blitz!
Blitz3.jpg

And even though he wasn't drinkin Blitz, he still pulled this car from the wreckage.
Blitz4.jpg

Now blitz is happy. And enjoying his Blitz.
Blitz5.jpg

Well done, young man! Well done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews