JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you join us?

• Yes! Count me in!

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Good Possibility

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
This was blitz country!
View attachment 219355

And blitz was not happy.
View attachment 219356

So he put on the blitz!
View attachment 219357

And even though he wasn't drinkin Blitz, he still pulled this car from the wreckage.
View attachment 219358

Now blitz is happy. And enjoying his Blitz.
View attachment 219359

Well done, young man! Well done.

hahaha! yeah i was not very happy with blitz country when we first started but i am much happier with it now! now just if they still made blitz beer i could enjoy one. instead it was ranier. thanks again for setting this event up. i was a cleanup crew virgin until now but will definitely be attending future ones. good times!

Last Edited:
Don't forget that part of our cleanup efforts involve community outreach. Share your experiences, spread the word, and invite others out along with you. I posted some pics from the day and this message on my Facebook. I encourage you do the same!

"I went out to another forest cleanup with a group I like to volunteer with, northwestfirearms.com. We went out to Tillamook State Forest this time. Cleaned up shooting sites from 9am-1pm, had some lunch and then did a little target shooting. We had a great time and despite the rain and mud we had a decent turnout. It was a beautiful spot and, even though it rained, it was a beautiful day. We got several truckloads of garbage and debris removed.

Please enjoy our forests in your own way, just clean up after yourselves. It's disheartening to see our public spaces left like this place was, but it feels good to make a difference; no matter how small."

Last edited by a moderator:
i posted about it on my facebook as well with some pictures. i also threw a post in the gun groups on facebook advertising the events but didn't repost the aftermath on them.

Figured I wouldn't put any pictures there, but made mention the photos start on page 5 of the thread. Therefore, folks need to go the the web site to see the results of the clean up.

Not a group, just a Facebook presents. It always draws the readers attention back to this web site forum. Because this is where the conversation is and should be.

I just want to thank everyone again for the experience yesterday. As I normally work on Saturday it was a nice break. However my boss is never there on Sunday. Today he was and wanted my assistant and I in the office first thing! Having no idea whatsoever what went on yesterday I went in with an open mind. Ended up being a kinda crazy ream ya thing.
Well, thanks to the likes of you guys I had one half of my blond brain listening to him and the other half thinking about yesterday. It was really hard to keep the smile off my face!!!
So thanks to yesterday I kept my calm today. I waited until he was finished and then suggested he use a different approach the next time he calls someone into the office.
When he was leaving for the day I asked if he just worked today so he could biatch at everyone!!!
Wifey

Something I was wondering about........Should there be a thread on the main board in "Off Topic"? This discussion is pretty much just between the people that participated. Seem to me more people are going to see what can be done if it were available for viewing in other areas too?

Speaking for myself and Wifey I never really looked at the "Volunteer" forum. I'm just thinking there's a LOT of people that look at NWFA on a daily basis, seems to me the discussion of what got done should be visible in more areas. It might just inspire MORE people to participate next time. I know reading about the Memeloose clean-up inspired me to do this one.....All though I've been to Memeloose and thought "Hey, that looks like an easy couple of hours" he he.

Just thinkin'.

Something I was wondering about........Should there be a thread on the main board in "Off Topic"? This discussion is pretty much just between the people that participated. Seem to me more people are going to see what can be done if it were available for viewing in other areas too?

Speaking for myself and Wifey I never really looked at the "Volunteer" forum. I'm just thinking there's a LOT of people that look at NWFA on a daily basis, seems to me the discussion of what got done should be visible in more areas. It might just inspire MORE people to participate next time. I know reading about the Memeloose clean-up inspired me to do this one.....All though I've been to Memeloose and thought "Hey, that looks like an easy couple of hours" he he.

Just thinkin'.

Off Topic is for discussion unrelated to firearms, but I do agree that this needs much more visibility. We should be running NWFA 3.0 very soon, and we're developing it with this in mind. In the meantime we'll continue using the pop-up notifications to alert people of these events.

Another thing that individual members can do is mention these things in other threads, and/or include signature links if they have signature permissions.

Off Topic is for discussion unrelated to firearms, but I do agree that this needs much more visibility. We should be running NWFA 3.0 very soon, and we're developing it with this in mind. In the meantime we'll continue using the pop-up notifications to alert people of these events.

Another thing that individual members can do is mention these things in other threads, and/or include signature links if they have signature permissions.

several people at the clean up only knew about this because of the popup. Something to get more visibility would be great

Thanks Cogs and Bolus for all the effort on this, and thanks to everyone else for showing up, it was great to meet folks in person. I really looking forward to the next one. Also, it is a little late at this point, but I wanted to echo Reno's warning on the ticks, I found one on my collarbone when I got home.

Thanks Cogs and Bolus for all the effort on this, and thanks to everyone else for showing up, it was great to meet folks in person. I really looking forward to the next one. Also, it is a little late at this point, but I wanted to echo Reno's warning on the ticks, I found one on my collarbone when I got home.

I hear Cogs singing now ::shudder:: :eek:

Newbie here. I would message you (assuming it isn't the same as posting) if I knew how. Don't know how the badges work either but I want one anyway. Thx.

Click on Joe Links name and see where it says "start a conversation" click on that and put in your message and hit start conversation.

Mike

From Randy at the Department of Forestry:

"Thank you for the update and the link to the photos/forum. Looks like you all had a great day despite the weather. Please let the group know that the Oregon Department of Forestry really appreciates the time, energy, and effort everyone put in on Saturday and the work you and Bill put in to set it up. It was a huge success. Let me know if there is anything more we can do to support future clean-ups."

I had a great time saturday meeting everyone and pitching in to protect our shooting privileges in Tillamook Forest. My FitBit logged almost 9,000 steps and 16 flights of stairs so I have to admit it was indeed a workout!

It was fun seeing the little ones there and I have some nice photos. Here's a link to all of them.

If the link doesn't work send me a message and I can email them to you directly. I'll put a few of my favorites here in this thread as well.

I look forward to future volunteer efforts like this one. It's nice to get some use out of my Coleman Camp Kitchen as I haven't been camping much with my son in college. He's finishing up soon and I look forward to bringing him along on the next NWFA event!

Jeff

Thankyou very much for bringing the kitchen, whilst i didn't use it, it was great to have there and i saw loads of people getting good use out of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top