JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you join us?

• Yes! Count me in!

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Good Possibility

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
I will be there with my energetic 6 year old daughter to help with the clean up. I can bring my ez-up canopy and donuts. Do I need to bring my pickup to help haul garbage down?

Thanks guys, we have not kept a list of who is bring what so if you can bring a pickup that would be great. The drop off area is quite close but too far to walk to while carrying bags of trash.

Looks like we'll have some rain so if you have a spare canopy to bring we can set up a little canopy city where the coffee and snacks will be

I just received an email from Jeff at FarWest Recycling and he said that they buy shotgun shells at 8 cents a pound as long as they don't stick to a magnet. They are only accepted at the Beaverton location. Just an FYI for those that want to recycle them.

Can anyone bring coffee cups, creamer and sweetener? Sounds like we'll have a few stoves and coffee pots running now.

When I was in the scout program with my son my said I had everything for camping except the kitchen sink. Of course I immediately took that as a challenge and acquired one made by Coleman! She has since learned to avoid mocking my equipment. :)

Jeff

I just received an email from Jeff at FarWest Recycling and he said that they buy shotgun shells at 8 cents a pound as long as they don't stick to a magnet. They are only accepted at the Beaverton location. Just an FYI for those that want to recycle them.

Thanks, the $1.40 a pound quote I got from the main office seemed high. I think they were thinking just brass.

Since many have offered the wee ones to come. Besides ground coffee, I'll bring some individual cocoa packets for them, plus cups and cream and sugar cans also.
Hopefully someone can bring some water and a pot to boil for the cocoa?

Got back from the shopping trip. I got chips, pretzels, jerky, pemican, pepperoni, bunch of water bottles, few extra ponchos, ear plugs.

I also realized that some of the garbage bags the Forest service gave us are large enough to dispose of a full size human body. Not implying anything... just saying.... :D

Yes, I have a regular pot for boiling water and bringing the water as well. Do we need mini marshmallows for the kids cocoa?

I blew my previous post...it was my WIFE who was mocking my camping gear and commented that I had everything except the kitchen sink. Since I took that as a challenge I did some research to find out Coleman does in fact sell a folding camp kitchen with sink. Fold out table is big enough for 3 burner propane stove. I will bring both plus a few chairs.

Jeff

Any body seen the weather forecast? It looks solid. We're talking major rain, inches called for. Now I'm hoping the "Media" is just doing it's normal thing and going for the drama. But it sounds like, from every ones posts, they're all gung ho. Damn, I feel like a wuss. We've got rain gear, but but being in a downpour for two hours with the wind forecast to 50mph at the coast......Aw, never mind.

Anyways, we'll be there at 9:00 +/- a few. Think I might bring my hip waders.....

Mike

Various weather sites have different predictions. 60F and rain should not be too bad. I dont have any concerns about the road and the area is pretty closed in with the surrounding hills that wind should not be a problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top