JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a Tikka chambered in 300winmag that I had @Velzey Cerakote and thread. He did a fantastic job the gun looks great and the threading is nice. However, being that I am an idiot I didnt bring along my SiCo ASR muzzlebrake that I was planning to put on the gun when I dropped it off and asked him to thread my rifle to the same pattern as a SiCo brake he might have had laying around. The thredding happened to be 1/2 x 28. Which to my chagrin is not the correct pattern for the brake I have. So I am on the search for a muzzlebrake that is a 1/2 x 28 thread but for a 30cal. All the ones I have come across are for .224. I really hope someone here can point me in the correct direction.

So I have a Tikka chambered in 300winmag that I had @Velzey Cerakote and thread. He did a fantastic job the gun looks great and the threading is nice. However, being that I am an idiot I didnt bring along my SiCo ASR muzzlebrake that I was planning to put on the gun when I dropped it off and asked him to thread my rifle to the same pattern as a SiCo brake he might have had laying around. The thredding happened to be 1/2 x 28. Which to my chagrin is not the correct pattern for the brake I have. So I am on the search for a muzzlebrake that is a 1/2 x 28 thread but for a 30cal. All the ones I have come across are for .224. I really hope someone here can point me in the correct direction.

get a 1/2x28 ASR brake and drill it out. it might be challenging finding a .308 cal brake in 1/2x28

ive had good luck with the amazon brakes drilled out. cheap so if it gets messed up youre only out $20

Adaptors will work for this. Similar to this one. Easy to make an even more low profile than this one.
C1A679E0-33CB-47DE-9B68-7E04C57DB4DE.jpeg

Ditto what others have posted, drill out a 5.56 brake or like Velzey says, fit an adapter to it! Should be good to go!
If your not 100% sure on the brake you want, I recommend a Big Bubba brake!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top