JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a Tikka chambered in 300winmag that I had @Velzey Cerakote and thread. He did a fantastic job the gun looks great and the threading is nice. However, being that I am an idiot I didnt bring along my SiCo ASR muzzlebrake that I was planning to put on the gun when I dropped it off and asked him to thread my rifle to the same pattern as a SiCo brake he might have had laying around. The thredding happened to be 1/2 x 28. Which to my chagrin is not the correct pattern for the brake I have. So I am on the search for a muzzlebrake that is a 1/2 x 28 thread but for a 30cal. All the ones I have come across are for .224. I really hope someone here can point me in the correct direction.

So I have a Tikka chambered in 300winmag that I had @Velzey Cerakote and thread. He did a fantastic job the gun looks great and the threading is nice. However, being that I am an idiot I didnt bring along my SiCo ASR muzzlebrake that I was planning to put on the gun when I dropped it off and asked him to thread my rifle to the same pattern as a SiCo brake he might have had laying around. The thredding happened to be 1/2 x 28. Which to my chagrin is not the correct pattern for the brake I have. So I am on the search for a muzzlebrake that is a 1/2 x 28 thread but for a 30cal. All the ones I have come across are for .224. I really hope someone here can point me in the correct direction.

get a 1/2x28 ASR brake and drill it out. it might be challenging finding a .308 cal brake in 1/2x28

ive had good luck with the amazon brakes drilled out. cheap so if it gets messed up youre only out $20

Adaptors will work for this. Similar to this one. Easy to make an even more low profile than this one.
C1A679E0-33CB-47DE-9B68-7E04C57DB4DE.jpeg

Ditto what others have posted, drill out a 5.56 brake or like Velzey says, fit an adapter to it! Should be good to go!
If your not 100% sure on the brake you want, I recommend a Big Bubba brake!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top