JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Over 80% of people shot with handguns survive. And if you have your eyes open then what's the chance you will get shot anyways?
The only place I worry about geting shot is at the range when I'm distracted by my own actions. Now If you are going to places in the hood you worry about geting shot then maybe it's deserved. All bad neiborhoods are mostly good places.
As far as a stray rifle hiting you then you are one unlucky fellow! A IIIA vest wont help with a rifle. And wearing plates? Realy?
Advice= Watch your diet. Fasten your seatbelt. And avoid risky behavior. They Will! kill you 98% chance.
I only hope I can go out with something as cool as geting shot. Or a bear,shark or crock attack. Truth is I will probibly be soiling down my leg, not knowing who I or the people around me are the day I go.
Oh ya that funny looking mole on your ars? Its not Cancer!
Fricking bulit proof vests......

Thats not a bullet resistant vest. Felons arent allowed to possess body armor...

I hate to break it to you, but I'm sure that's a bullet proof vest, because felons ARE allowed to have all the toys that most Americans are allowed to. They just have to jump through a few extra hoops that most law abiding citizens don't have to. Money has an amazing affect in this country...

Just because you watch your weight and don't smoke, it's not a reason not to own a ballistic vest if you so desire. Why own more than one self-defense gun, by that logic? Because you so choose!

I dont think Level IIIA is worth it; the only threat coverage it adds over Level II is .357Sig and .44Mag, neither of which is common in the 'hood. A Level II will stop any likely handgun threat, and a 7.62X39 isn't going to be stopped by a Level IIIA vest.
Personal armor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I never found my vest hot or uncomfortable in cool weather; we're sure living in the right climate for it.

I question the .357mag-levelII and the .357sig level III is this correct?

I think you mean II vs. IIIA, right? You know, dynamics are strange problems, and not always intuitive. The difference in velocity between the two cases is small but significant, plus there's the JSP of the magnum slug vs. the flatnose of the faster Sig.

Striking a hard object, impulse is what matters most, so velocity and a hard impactor are the keys, not mass or energy per se.
This is yet another example of how kinetic energy is a poor predictor of performance, just like it is for predicting incapacitation.

The analogy I use is explosives, where a high detonation rate material like PETN is best for cutting hard targets like steel, but the much lower detonation velocity of ANFO works best for excavation or pushing over buildings. The shock needs to couple into the target, and to do that it has to be matched to the compliance of the target material.

Conversely, that .357Sig flatnose could squirt right through an unprotected body leaving relatively little damage behind, whereas we both know what a mess that .357mag JSP would make of a body. The soft body interacts most strongly with a slower impulse, even though that slower impulse is easier for the ballistic material to capture and contain.

Soft armor is nice and I have one but I upgraded to a level IV (4) standalone plates for $350 and the plates are new, made in 2012. They are ceramic hybrid but they are a little heavy but worth the protection.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top